Great Works

How many should each great person have per Era?
I think great scientists should have voyages /expeditions.

Great Artist
He gets books, music, paintings, songs, etc.

Great engineer
Gets cultural architecture

Great prophet
Philosophy

Now, the question is do u want a generic wonder or specific wonders?

An example is Great Artist
We can have him build a "National Anthem". Or we can have him build Music Genres or specific wonders like Symphony no. 5

Both seems fine. Specific ones might have a slightly higher educational value.

What about changing some Wonders so they are only buildable with GP? This would make GP much more valuable than they are know.

I suggested that a while back, but it seems the rarity of certain :gp: would mean some would be nigh-unbuidable. Guess a compromise would be to make them buildable normally as well, but A: Given their rarity, it would probably take less time and less wasting of :gp: to just build it normally B: The rarity of certain kinds of :gp: seems a problem in and itself that, irregardless of my proposal, ought to be addressed.

As has been suggested elsewhere (by DRJ) on this some of these Great Works also become important in other nations at a later stage so for them there should be a lesser (national) Great Work. For example Sun Zu's "Art of War" is not used by only the nation where it was written. the same can be said for Shakespeare's plays or Mozart's music.

Sargon let me know how you want me to help.

@MrAzure There has been some discussion on this all over the place and dating back to the old RoM days. I am not sure anyone is working on this at the moment. I dislike the idea of having to have a GP to build a wonder. Yes they should be able to fast build it but you should be able to slow build them if you have the resources. OK so I a pointing at another idea which is part of this discussion....:blush:

1) we already have some "great works" in the game Sun Zu's "Art of War" as a great wonder, Are we going to convert it into a book or have GG's able to fast build it. Note Platyping has an Enhanced GP mission of the same name.
2) I like DRJ's idea that a "great book" becomes available in one era giving the advantage to that one nation but later similar "national book" becomes available for other nations.

I want to make 4 new great people:

great writer
great artist
great filmmaker
great playwright
great musician

these are "just" special forms of the Great Artist. I would be against splitting them unless you intend for new game concepts for those individuals to be added.

Dancing Hoskuld
I would prefer to make them Great Wonders and have specific cultures and Great People reduce times. Yourself and Thunderbrd are the game mechanics engineers so its pretty much your decisions.

I thought I should clear up what I mean by what I have been saying here by describing the game mechanics we have.
Definitions:
  • fast built: built in one turn usually by a Great Person under the direction of the player or player AI. Uses the "building" tag on the unit.
  • hurried: provides extra hammers to the building expending the unit. This is how GE's work and is either based on the "hurry" tags or "hurry production" mission/action
  • autobuilt: built in one turn but there is no choice in its building by the player or ai player.

Projects can't be built faster by caravans or Great Engineers.

Buildings (one per city), National Wonders (one per nation) and Great Wonders (one per game) can be hurried by caravans or fast built by Great People.

The Great Engineer's purpose is to fast build Great Wonders. It is there special power.

You can have specific Great People fast build specific wonders (national or great).

Great Works as I understand it are Great Wonders that can only be fast built by Great People. This is done by defining them as a Great Wonder with a -1 cost.​

Top Bottom