Grey Diagonal Lines

sedriskell

Chieftain
So, when I try playing Civ 5 on Directx 10/11, there are diagonal grey diagonal lines extending from the units in the "world" I'm playing in. I bought Civ 5 about a week ago, an Amazon online download. Directx 9 works wonderfully until a couple hundred turns causes a red and white checkerboard to occur, which isn't particularly surprising. I would post a screenshot of the diagonal grey lines, but for whatever reason, my computer isn't allowing me to do so.

I'll post a dxdiag as soon as I can; but, for what it's worth, I bought my laptop after Civ 5 was released.

I'm sure that someone, at some point, has posted about this. I apologize if anyone has to repeat something they've already explained, I simply haven't had any luck finding help.

Yeah, crap, seems that Dell has not really updated the graphics drivers for that system.
Therefore, please try first to install the normal generic drivers from Intel (this one).
If that doesn't work, then try to install the (outdated, but still newer than your current) driver (this one).
Hopefully that will allow you to play longer in either Dx9 or 11 mode.

Yeah, crap, seems that Dell has not really updated the graphics drivers for that system.
Therefore, please try first to install the normal generic drivers from Intel (this one).
If that doesn't work, then try to install the (outdated, but still newer than your current) driver (this one).
Hopefully that will allow you to play longer in either Dx9 or 11 mode.

Thank you sir!

Top Bottom