Growing city from 1 to 2

buratiino

Chieftain
Hello

What makes the city('s population) grow from 1 to 2? I want to get my population from 1 to 2 ASAP but at the beginning it just doesn't happen.

Although my workers have already built farms, there is corn available (and mines built) and its a coastal city.

Once the growth will start, it will be quite rapid. But how can I make the growing start sooner? I mean at the start, there are many turns when the city growth beaker wont grow at all. How to make it quicker?

Thanks

Workers are built with BOTH food and hammers, so all food grown while building a worker or settler is used as production, and not used to grow the city.

Welcome to the Forums, buratiino :beer:.

Thanks for the reply, I try having less workers at start. If my growth slider will start growing at turn 50, it doesn't seem to be a good start.

What gamespeed are you playing? If you are playing one of the slower speeds (Marathon or Epic) it might seem like forever for things to happen. Try going into the city and switching the citizen (the white circle :lol:) to a tile that has more :food: food.

See how you go anyway...

As mechaerik says, your city won't grow while you are building a Worker or Settler. You can start with a Warrior/Scout to explore, or a Workboat if you have Fishing and Seafood resources.

Welcome to the Forums buratiino. :beer:

Top Bottom