Grudge Match of the Month

Bleh. That did not turn out as fun as I hoped, late game. I never actually went to war with china, but they built so big an army i literally couldn't travel through their land because every square was full of soldiers. really slowed down my computer to about minute-long load times.

I got a culture victory on turn 246. Not my best work, but america beat me to the oracle and the opera house.

I wanted to do something different, but I forgot how much of a drag OCC's can end up being. Hmm, maybe a succession game might be more interesting, instead? I've seen a bunch of GoTM's on the VEM forum, but no successions.

I'm glad I played the OCC, if only because it was my first one. I did it in one day, two sittings, and inevitably didn't give it even the little thought it required, because I got caught up in the speed.

I'm up for a succession game, or any other GOTM. Thal once mentioned doing one with Polynesia, who are certainly unique, and would be interesting on a Continents Plus map. But there was something appealing about the theoretical difficulty of yours - Ottomans not being particularly suited for OCC - and it's fun to sometimes play a civ under adverse conditions (or perverse VC's).

Top Bottom