[GS] GS impressions/random observations thread.

• They fixed it so that the reward from collecting a goody hut is no longer announced before the movement animation.
  • Conquering a civilization’s last city earns you 150 grievances with EVERY OTHER civilization.
  • By turn 127 I have yet to see a barbarian.
  • City-states are still dropping like flies.

I've seen a few people comment that they haven't seen many barbarians, but a lot of others, including myself can't get rid of them.

I've seen a few people comment that they haven't seen many barbarians, but a lot of others, including myself can't get rid of them.
It would be interesting to know if it's based on map settings, or maybe on how many standing military you keep, or maybe just short sample size.

2 deity games, both starts had barbs and I have seem other civs badly hit by them, I’ve been lucky and got the scouts.

May have been said already but what stuck with me is how much more beautiful the game looks now. And I already liked it. But the volcanoes, rivers and the overall map really impressed me.

Had a lot of fun as Inca in my first game, going to give Hungary a shot now.

One is white on yellow, the other is yellow on grey. The scouts are black on yellow. It all looks very confusing.

Oh ok. The Maori one looks almost like the barb, only with a white icon instead of black.

That's what I thought too, but it wasn't for us--just gives us a taste for what it's felt like for people with this issue all this time.

Thanks for the replies. Really I should try all three colour-blind modes; but the other two should only make things even weirder colour wise to me lol.

TBF, I don't have it too bad (compared to some) and may eventually revert to the normal pallette. It would be nice in SP to choose not only my my jersey, but some of the AI ones I find trickiest to distinguish.

For me it's seems impossible to stop climate change. In my first game climate change went to the highest level and the WC can't do anything about it.

The game does not allow me to delete my nuclear power reactors after I have built them, even when I already have enough alternative energy source. I still have to rebuilt those every 20 years to preserve them.

Imo the WC resolution need some improvement and the climate change mechanic needs to rebalance a little bit.

For me it's seems impossible to stop climate change. In my first game climate change went to the highest level and the WC can't do anything about it.

The game does not allow me to delete my nuclear power reactors after I have built them, even when I already have enough alternative energy source. I still have to rebuilt those every 20 years to preserve them.

Imo the WC resolution need some improvement and the climate change mechanic needs to rebalance a little bit.
I think there should be a way to shut the power plants down, or to replace them completely with a green source.

I only got to play about 60 turns early this morning before going to work. So these are my very quick first impressions of what I've seen so far:
- labels of rivers, mountains and deserts are a nice touch. Definitely makes the map feel more real. Overall, the map looks gorgeous in GS.
- Got a flood that damaged 2 farms and improved food on 2 tiles. Natural disasters definitely seem to make the map feel more like a living world.
- Playing as the Maori. Starting in the ocean adds a nice touch that makes them more unique as a civ. I was able to find a big continent close by and was able to settle along the coast. I feel like I got an excellent start. 4 cities up by turn 60~ and my ocean start gave me a little extra science too which helped me with the initial techs. Maori seem like a pretty cool civ.
- Build queue, finally! Love it! Why wasn't this in the vanilla game?????

Loving it so far, but it's... really easy. I mean braindead easy. They added even more tools that you can use to gimp the AI, and all the AI civs seem inordinately friendly.

But is Maori “a negative civ” and “the worst civ whatsoever”?
That was what Lily said... beforfe he has played the civ... To be fair, not being able to chop has limitations but these are immaterial because I am looting some horses for 350 gold and mines for 160 science before T100, one could argue that you do not even need to build anything but an army anymore.
I have not chopped one thing for 3 games and they are on deity and just easy. You also have lots of faith and a guaranteed golden classical age. Who needs chops
Looks like the old diploimacy is still in place... and being used
upload_2019-2-14_17-56-22.png

Personally, I think the other civs should be friendly (or at least neutral) until you cross their agendas. "They just plain don't like you" is a reason that should -never- pop up.
Generally it means you didn't send them a delegation immediately, in my experience.

That was what Lily said... beforfe he has played the civ... To be fair, not being able to chop has limitations but these are immaterial because I am looting some horses for 350 gold and mines for 160 science before T100, one could argue that you do not even need to build anything but an army anymore.
I have not chopped one thing for 3 games and they are on deity and just easy. You also have lots of faith and a guaranteed golden classical age. Who needs chops
Looks like the old diploimacy is still in place... and being used
View attachment 517712
Oh, I know it was Lily and before actually playing. Which is precisely why I find statements like these amusing.

That being said: yup, looks like my concerns about pillaging are kinda becoming true. The worst part is: they advertised it as an indirect buff to Norway. But is it really, when every other civ can do the same while not being limited to coastal tiles?

Personally, I think the other civs should be friendly (or at least neutral) until you cross their agendas. "They just plain don't like you" is a reason that should -never- pop up.
I don't know--a slight variance isn't that bad. That number is usually very small compared to the other variables, no?

Generally it means you didn't send them a delegation immediately, in my experience.
Huh. I never send delegations. It"s pretty rare (as in 1 in 12 or 1 in 15), as it doesn't happen every game.

Though admittedly France auto-subs their espionage fetish and places like Norway rail about not having boats when landlocked or others hit on the lack of holy sites, but if no delegations is the trigger, I should see it a LOT more than I do.

Top Bottom