1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] GS impressions/random observations thread.

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by iammaxhailme, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I've seen a few people comment that they haven't seen many barbarians, but a lot of others, including myself can't get rid of them.

2. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

It would be interesting to know if it's based on map settings, or maybe on how many standing military you keep, or maybe just short sample size.

3. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

2 deity games, both starts had barbs and I have seem other civs badly hit by them, I’ve been lucky and got the scouts.

4. ombak

ombak Warlord

May have been said already but what stuck with me is how much more beautiful the game looks now. And I already liked it. But the volcanoes, rivers and the overall map really impressed me.

Had a lot of fun as Inca in my first game, going to give Hungary a shot now.

5. anandus

anandus Errorist

I both my games I haven't seen more -or less- barbs than normal. I play on a large pangaea, 8 players.

6. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

Thanks for the replies. Really I should try all three colour-blind modes; but the other two should only make things even weirder colour wise to me lol.

TBF, I don't have it too bad (compared to some) and may eventually revert to the normal pallette. It would be nice in SP to choose not only my my jersey, but some of the AI ones I find trickiest to distinguish.

7. Sagax

Sagax Emperor

But is Maori “a negative civ” and “the worst civ whatsoever”?:mischief:

Jkchart, Kjimmet, Siptah and 5 others like this.
  8. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

EVERY CIV IS WORST CIV

George Abitbol likes this.
  9. MP | Moongazer

MP | Moongazer Chieftain

For me it's seems impossible to stop climate change. In my first game climate change went to the highest level and the WC can't do anything about it.

The game does not allow me to delete my nuclear power reactors after I have built them, even when I already have enough alternative energy source. I still have to rebuilt those every 20 years to preserve them.

Imo the WC resolution need some improvement and the climate change mechanic needs to rebalance a little bit.

George Abitbol likes this.
  10. Cerilis

Cerilis Stormrider

I think there should be a way to shut the power plants down, or to replace them completely with a green source.

Jkchart, Our_DeCay and MP | Moongazer like this.
  11. Casworon

Casworon Prince

I think the carbon capture project is the way to counter it. But yeah still having my coal and oil plants after swapping to renewable's and not being able to shut them off kinda sucks

12. kryat

kryat King

Wait, does the adjacent to toa stack for multiple toa? That’s really powerful for a +5 CS

Trav'ling Canuck likes this.
  13. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

I only got to play about 60 turns early this morning before going to work. So these are my very quick first impressions of what I've seen so far:
    - labels of rivers, mountains and deserts are a nice touch. Definitely makes the map feel more real. Overall, the map looks gorgeous in GS.
    - Got a flood that damaged 2 farms and improved food on 2 tiles. Natural disasters definitely seem to make the map feel more like a living world.
    - Playing as the Maori. Starting in the ocean adds a nice touch that makes them more unique as a civ. I was able to find a big continent close by and was able to settle along the coast. I feel like I got an excellent start. 4 cities up by turn 60~ and my ocean start gave me a little extra science too which helped me with the initial techs. Maori seem like a pretty cool civ.
    - Build queue, finally! Love it! Why wasn't this in the vanilla game?????

14. Depravo

Depravo Siring Bastards

Loving it so far, but it's... really easy. I mean braindead easy. They added even more tools that you can use to gimp the AI, and all the AI civs seem inordinately friendly.

15. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

That was what Lily said... beforfe he has played the civ... To be fair, not being able to chop has limitations but these are immaterial because I am looting some horses for 350 gold and mines for 160 science before T100, one could argue that you do not even need to build anything but an army anymore.
    I have not chopped one thing for 3 games and they are on deity and just easy. You also have lots of faith and a guaranteed golden classical age. Who needs chops
    Looks like the old diploimacy is still in place... and being used
    upload_2019-2-14_17-56-22.png

nzcamel and Fluphen Azine like this.
  16. ExemplarVoss

ExemplarVoss Prince

Personally, I think the other civs should be friendly (or at least neutral) until you cross their agendas. "They just plain don't like you" is a reason that should -never- pop up.

17. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

Generally it means you didn't send them a delegation immediately, in my experience.

Seek likes this.
  18. Sagax

Sagax Emperor

Oh, I know it was Lily and before actually playing. Which is precisely why I find statements like these amusing.

That being said: yup, looks like my concerns about pillaging are kinda becoming true. The worst part is: they advertised it as an indirect buff to Norway. But is it really, when every other civ can do the same while not being limited to coastal tiles?

nzcamel likes this.
  19. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

I don't know--a slight variance isn't that bad. That number is usually very small compared to the other variables, no?

nzcamel likes this.
  20. ExemplarVoss

ExemplarVoss Prince

Huh. I never send delegations. It"s pretty rare (as in 1 in 12 or 1 in 15), as it doesn't happen every game.

Though admittedly France auto-subs their espionage fetish and places like Norway rail about not having boats when landlocked or others hit on the lack of holy sites, but if no delegations is the trigger, I should see it a LOT more than I do.