[GS] GS impressions/random observations thread.

Yes. That was announced early and confirmed in the patch notes. Production bonuses no longer apply to production going into overflow.

Thank you for the quick answer! The production bonus then still applies for the chopped unit itself i assume?

Edit: Thank you Victoria! :)

Thank you for the quick answer! The production bonus then still applies for the chopped unit itself i assume?

It should, yes. If you see an instance where it isn't, definitely report as a bug.

That is great news, so finally i can play the game without feeling the constant urge to chop-overflow everything in sight :D

Started my first game as Dido today and figuered that chopping settlers with her unique harbour districts should be very powerful. I found out though, that the 150% bonus (card, harbour, ancestral hall) from the chop is not carried into the next building. I have not yet tested if they even changed it so that there are no multiplicators for chopping other than magnus or just fixed the overflow exploit, does anyone know more on this topic? Was this announced? I have been away for most of Rise n fall. :)

Yes. That was announced early and confirmed in the patch notes. Production bonuses no longer apply to production going into overflow.

Just fixed the overflow, no more bonus on overflow, just for what is currently applied.

That is great news, so finally i can play the game without feeling the constant urge to chop-overflow everything in sight :D

I dunno if it is good. It adds what really is needless min/maxing. It's not like the bug where one was getting extra overflow thanks to policy X to an unrelated build...? That was an exploit. This isn't...

We got a lot of threads rolling out, so I can't follow them all. So, there already may be word on this, but are we seeing AI improvement with regards to air and/or naval power? Are they building and/or using these units?

Urban defenses.

It adds what really is needless min/maxing.
How so? As far as I understand, it does away with the "limes" or "galley" etc. trick, where you build it to the last turn with the respective card slotted and then chop for instabuild a district or even a wonder next turn. Now it is better to chop at the beginning to speed up just the current build. That just reduces min/max, much less play with all the timings. Or do I misunderstand this completely?

FYI surkritat posted on reddit his Simple UI, real great people and I believe one other has been updated for GS and won’t affect saved games

How so? As far as I understand, it does away with the "limes" or "galley" etc. trick, where you build it to the last turn with the respective card slotted and then chop for instabuild a district or even a wonder next turn. Now it is better to chop at the beginning to speed up just the current build. That just reduces min/max, much less play with all the timings. Or do I misunderstand this completely?

You could be right and I could be misunderstanding you.

So Magnus's ability on a chop - if you get him established in a city which has only a few turns left on something; you are now best not to chop till the new build starts, as his bonus to that chop only applies to the current build? Is that correct? Or have I misinterpreted the changes discussed?

Huzzah! I now know (thanks to Firaxis) that I am a "Strong Deutan". Looks like I'll use the second option.

Edit: And WOW, what a difference. Phoenicia is now (what I see as) purple! And they changed out the primary Persian colours, I guess as to me they were too close. It was odd - Persian, Phoenicia, and the Mapuche all looked very similar; and now the latter two don't at all, even though they retain the same jerseys.

It is jarring over all though...it may take a bit of getting used to.

View attachment 517695

I am seeing barbarians as green at the mo gah! Maybe my green is red and my red is green :lol:

You could be right and I could be misunderstanding you.

So Magnus's ability on a chop - if you get him established in a city which has only a few turns left on something; you are now best not to chop till the new build starts, as his bonus to that chop only applies to the current build? Is that correct? Or have I misinterpreted the changes discussed?

No, Magnus' ability is universal, it should carry over, this is for specific production boost cards. Like 100 % bonus from building walls with "Limes" card, then chop on last turn and all this production mana is put into Colloseum next turn, for example. I imagine, this is gone now. Can't check now, hard at work atm :)

First game as Inca. Earth Goddess works on the mountains. It would have been a good pantheon for the Inca in any case given their mountain bias, but it’s even better when all your mountains are essentially guaranteed to generate faith. Suprisingly, this makes Inca a sleeper religion Civ (who also get great Holy Site bonuses), or at least a good faith-buy Civ. Inca is a good candidate for a monumentality settler rush since they can generate sone early era score from their uniques for a classcal golden age.

Also, barbarians have been intense for me too.

No, Magnus' ability is universal, it should carry over, this is for specific production boost cards. Like 100 % bonus from building walls with "Limes" card, then chop on last turn and all this production mana is put into Colloseum next turn, for example. I imagine, this is gone now. Can't check now, hard at work atm :)

Well if it is that, that is fantastic. But why I'm confused is because I thought that was already addressed in a previous patch.

They haven't really fixed map generation on standard or larger. I'm missing my map mod already. I seem to always get a lousy start with other civs on top of me. Trying to play as Vicky and can't get a remotely good start. I do wish they would make it so that you don't have to restart 30 times every game to get something remotely interesting.

Just make sure I have food, production and a luxury somewhere near my start city and don't start the Zulus with their capital on Yosemite, 8 tiles away!!!!

The WC resolution to stop earning Great People points of a specific type works on Great Prophets if not all have been earned.

In my current Mali game my neighbors are China, with standard colors, and Hungary, but with the Ottoman colors, which is basically just inverted China. It’s confusing.

Top Bottom