1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] GS impressions/random observations thread.

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by iammaxhailme, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Sagax

Sagax Emperor

Phew, so I’m not crazy... Can confirm that the achievement didn’t work in my Canada game either.

2. BarbarianHunter

BarbarianHunter King

A flipped out Easter Island turned to Christmas in honor of Eleanor's insta-flip ability?

3. acluewithout

acluewithout Deity

@iammaxhailme

Renewable power is localised to the city generating that power. But Power Plants provide power to all Cities within 6 range. So, if you have a geothermal plant in City A, and A is in range of a Powerplant in City B, then City A draws less power from the City B powerplant thanks to generating its own power from the geothermal plant.

4. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Do you think they could be gnome hats?

Kjimmet and acluewithout like this.
  5. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

6. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Emperor

Yeah, he got downvoted to oblivion, another guy posted the same and is already on his path to downvoteland. I asked for a screenshot proving it.

Edit: Btw, my thread there is about this kind of useless trade. The AI offer this often:
    20190223235700_1.jpg
    20190223173945_1.jpg

7. Lord Xavius

Lord Xavius Mostly Lurking

Oh, speaking of, during my first GS game Matthias traded me his Madhyama Vyayoga for my Hamlet, then later on traded me Pratima-nataka for that Madhyama Vyayoga. Then, soon after that, Dido hits me up... to trade Pratima-nataka for Hamlet.

...A bit later still, Dido says hello again and offers to trade Hamlet for Pratima-nataka. I love the AI in this game sometimes. :lol:

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
    Stilgar08 and Zaarin like this.
  8. BarbarianHunter

BarbarianHunter King

I hadn't heard that gnomes built the Easter Island statues. If true, I suppose they could.

9. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

I've had Civs offer to trade me one kind of painting for another kind of painting but that was nice as I could theme museums that way. Doesn't apply to relics or writing GWs though :crazyeye:

On another note, does anyone else think getting a -40 diplomacy modifier for "different governments" when you select one of the future era governments is a tad excessive?

10. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

Circulating library. :p

CPWimmer, Stilgar08 and Eagle Pursuit like this.
  11. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

I think the severe different governments penalty/"Factioning" makes the cold war/ideology era thing more interesting, personally.

12. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

That might work if it only kicked in with AI who have adopted other future era government types to the one you have active. As it is, I've had the modifier with AI who are still running second and third tier governments. It's like a punishment for being too advanced.

13. Karmah

Karmah Emperor Supporter

You're too advanced to be understood. So you're seen as a threat for the other nation spreading dangerous and disruptive novelties.

Steamboat Willem likes this.
  14. Meluhhan

Meluhhan Warlord

Those hat-like structures are the Pukao which were placed on some of the Moai statues. They were made of a red volcanic rock. However, their purpose and how they were mounted atop the statues are still unanswered questions.
    I had come across a YouTube video about them around the time of GS release and was pleasantly surprised to see this detail included in the in-game Moai improvements.

15. Sagax

Sagax Emperor

"Having mountain tunnels work like portals is fine," they said.
    "Traversing long distances is situational and not that broken," they said.

upload_2019-2-24_12-54-58.png

Stilgar08, Meluhhan, Victoria and 7 others like this.
  16. Deggial

Deggial Emperor

You are correct, those are Christmas hats.

And the reason for the hats is: they visited this forum during the Christmas season and couldn’t get rid of the hats ever since. :(

17. Mojo85

Mojo85 Warlord

Played my first Maori game but used YnAMP and started on land but still with the same movement speed as if I was on water. Felt kind of robbed because I didn't get that ocean start fun but the starting spot was too good I settled in place

18. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Emperor

What's the point of the tech boosts in the last Nobel Prize? Even the AI already researched the whole tech tree this late into the game:

20190224002147_1.jpg

acluewithout likes this.
  19. Amrunril

Amrunril Emperor

Small bugfix I haven't seen mentioned yet: the golden/dark age map coloration now displays properly for each player in hotseat games. Previously, the coloration would load for Player 1 (when entering a new era) or the first active player (when loading an existing game), and every other player would see that same color scheme.

20. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

Baltimore had made a galley and it's now heroically retaking the city and I can't do anything about it! Better finish off Teddy's last city first...

Meluhhan and Victoria like this.