[GS] GS impressions/random observations thread.

And I did NOT get it while playing as Canada when I completed an emergency. So you get it when you should not and you dont get it when you should.
Phew, so I’m not crazy... Can confirm that the achievement didn’t work in my Canada game either.

@iammaxhailme

Renewable power is localised to the city generating that power. But Power Plants provide power to all Cities within 6 range. So, if you have a geothermal plant in City A, and A is in range of a Powerplant in City B, then City A draws less power from the City B powerplant thanks to generating its own power from the geothermal plant.

Looks like WOTW does not get +1 from CS, nice to know
upload_2019-2-24_12-7-54.png

I don't know if they are supposed to be able to be themed, but I sometimes see the word "themed" pop up in glitched locations, such as under empty ampitheaters in my great works screen, so perhaps that is tricking the person who posted on reddit.

Yeah, he got downvoted to oblivion, another guy posted the same and is already on his path to downvoteland. I asked for a screenshot proving it.

Edit: Btw, my thread there is about this kind of useless trade. The AI offer this often:
20190223235700_1.jpg

20190223173945_1.jpg

Oh, speaking of, during my first GS game Matthias traded me his Madhyama Vyayoga for my Hamlet, then later on traded me Pratima-nataka for that Madhyama Vyayoga. Then, soon after that, Dido hits me up... to trade Pratima-nataka for Hamlet.

...A bit later still, Dido says hello again and offers to trade Hamlet for Pratima-nataka. I love the AI in this game sometimes. :lol:

Last edited:
I've had Civs offer to trade me one kind of painting for another kind of painting but that was nice as I could theme museums that way. Doesn't apply to relics or writing GWs though :crazyeye:

On another note, does anyone else think getting a -40 diplomacy modifier for "different governments" when you select one of the future era governments is a tad excessive?

Oh, speaking of, during my first GS game Matthias traded me his Madhyama Vyayoga for my Hamlet, then later on traded me Pratima-nataka for that Madhyama Vyayoga. Then, soon after that, Dido hits me up... to trade Pratima-nataka for Hamlet.

...A bit later still, Dido says hello again and offers to trade Hamlet for Pratima-nataka. I love the AI in this game sometimes. :lol:
Circulating library. :p

I've had Civs offer to trade me one kind of painting for another kind of painting but that was nice as I could theme museums that way. Doesn't apply to relics or writing GWs though :crazyeye:

On another note, does anyone else think getting a -40 diplomacy modifier for "different governments" when you select one of the future era governments is a tad excessive?

I think the severe different governments penalty/"Factioning" makes the cold war/ideology era thing more interesting, personally.

I think the severe different governments penalty/"Factioning" makes the cold war/ideology era thing more interesting, personally.
That might work if it only kicked in with AI who have adopted other future era government types to the one you have active. As it is, I've had the modifier with AI who are still running second and third tier governments. It's like a punishment for being too advanced.

That might work if it only kicked in with AI who have adopted other future era government types to the one you have active. As it is, I've had the modifier with AI who are still running second and third tier governments. It's like a punishment for being too advanced.
You're too advanced to be understood. So you're seen as a threat for the other nation spreading dangerous and disruptive novelties.

The hats look like christmas hats... any theories?
Those hat-like structures are the Pukao which were placed on some of the Moai statues. They were made of a red volcanic rock. However, their purpose and how they were mounted atop the statues are still unanswered questions.
I had come across a YouTube video about them around the time of GS release and was pleasantly surprised to see this detail included in the in-game Moai improvements.

Played my first Maori game but used YnAMP and started on land but still with the same movement speed as if I was on water. Felt kind of robbed because I didn't get that ocean start fun but the starting spot was too good I settled in place

What's the point of the tech boosts in the last Nobel Prize? Even the AI already researched the whole tech tree this late into the game:

20190224002147_1.jpg

Small bugfix I haven't seen mentioned yet: the golden/dark age map coloration now displays properly for each player in hotseat games. Previously, the coloration would load for Player 1 (when entering a new era) or the first active player (when loading an existing game), and every other player would see that same color scheme.

Top Bottom