1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] GS impressions/random observations thread.

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by iammaxhailme, Feb 14, 2019.

1. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

OK uhh, I took Philadelphia and knocked out Teddy. Then Opango, which was MY CITY in the first place, loyalty flipped to America about 4 turns later, reviving him from the dead. And I can't declare war on him becuase the game says it's 6 turns since we made peace (i.e. when I killed him). oh dear

Kjimmet and WillowBrook like this.
  2. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Emperor

Lol, that's a bug for sure, no way for that to happen.

3. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

Anyone noticed that you can complete the science victory speed-up projects multiple times? It might not matter on standard speed or lower, but on my favorite game speed, epic, it is quite nice to have a spaceship that travels 6 lightyears per turn to get those endless 75 lightyears distance covered faster.

4. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

I like these "useless" trades. I feel like we're sharing our cultural wealth in mutually beneficial ways. As long as it doesn't happen too often.

DWilson, Stilgar08, Kjimmet and 2 others like this.
  5. MrRadar

MrRadar Emperor

Yes, after the initial news about the SV revamp I was under impression that those speed up projects would each just chip 1 ly off the total travel time, but it appears they increase the speed of the travel by 1 ly which is quite a boost. And quite a relief, frankly, otherwise it would be quite a chore.

It remains a mystery though, why Earth based laser stations need a spaceport and a rocket launch.:think:

6. Red_warning

Red_warning Warlord

War mongering Kupe is so good! All that early production you get while also not having to invest in worker production, and on top of that you get a good UU that not only is stronger than the swordsman, it costs no iron as well! Despite the fact that I don't usually do conquests runs using the Maori resulted in a very swift win for me, the game was over by the time I researched steam power.

Victoria likes this.
  7. Klinn

Klinn Warlord

While adding an aqueduct to my city, the game decided to route it to the volcano, not the standard mountain on the hex beside it. I suppose this ensures it will funnel a steady supply of hot lava directly into the town center. :)

In one of my GS games, Kupe spent enough time wandering the oceans that a barbarian galley ate his settler. I was surprised when the "defeated" notification popped up since nobody was fighting anyone else at that point.

Also, since in GS the science victory doesn't just end at Mars but continues with an interstellar voyage, I was disappointed that the ending movie was still the same.

8. Red_warning

Red_warning Warlord

The Hungarians sure like their baths hot.

Elhoim, local_hero, Stilgar08 and 6 others like this.
  9. Klinn

Klinn Warlord

How about greatly reduced damage from blizzards? We're a hardy bunch. ;)

My first GS game was playing Canada to get the new diplomatic victory. Ottawa was hit with a few blizzards but Montreal was hit so often that sometimes I wasn't finished repairing the district damage from one when the next storm rolled in. Sure, some Quebecer's would confirm that this is just true to life in that city, but it seemed rather excessive. Especially since I don't think there's any way to mitigate blizzard damage, like dams for flooding or aqueducts for droughts.

To add insult to injury, I think about half a dozen hockey rinks were wiped off the map by blizzards. This was on the standard disaster setting of 2.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  10. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

I like the idea of Canada's tundra farms but the fact that they aren't any better than regular farms, but are on a worse tile, makes them useless.

I would suggest that Tundra farms get +1 culture from adjacent tundra farms starting at some civic

11. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

The tundra farms make Canada's tundra cities faster growing than other civs' tundra cities and ultimately larger thanks to Housing, but most other civs have the good sense not to start in or near tundra.

12. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Deity

Canadians are good at many things. Making good climate-related settlement decisions is not one of them.

Meluhhan, Zaarin, Kjimmet and 2 others like this.
  13. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

So what's up with not getting a project to repair walls after they've been damaged by floods?

Stilgar08 and iammaxhailme like this.
  14. Pietato

Pietato Emperor

According to the civ devs they are not good at anything :lol:

Zaarin and Trav'ling Canuck like this.
  15. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

It's nonsensical, but you still have to wait three turns. :rolleyes:

16. Mojo85

Mojo85 Warlord

Kupe is fun as hell, even though he’s grossly overpowered. Being a warmonger is so hard to not do especially with his UU

Red_warning likes this.
  17. HermannLombard

HermannLombard Warlord

You built giant garden gnomes (possibly to promote travel).

Zaarin likes this.
  18. HermannLombard

HermannLombard Warlord

This supplies the municipal barbecue pit.

WillowBrook likes this.
  19. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

Hey, they spent a lot of time on that graphic and are going to use it as much as possible.

I guess I figured the land laser would take up a square on the map, which would be less than ideal.

20. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

My apologies if this was already noted, but 2kqa_b was updated Friday, implying that they're hard at work on the next patch. :cool: