Guerilla Tactics mod preview

Sween,

Very cool the badeirante image, that´s it!!! :cool:

I found some images of bandeirantes:
Bandeirante - 1
Bndeirante - 2
Bandeirante - 3

But we´ve putted then with the ability of "founding cities", because, they were military units, altough, the´ve expanded a lot our territory, one of the principal thing that made or territory big, were they.
On the other hand, they haven´t defended our territory, their principal objectives were exploration, principaly to capture indians, and make them slaves.
In the game, they have atack=1, defense=1, and 2 points of moviment.

I liked a lot your image, wich program have you used??

Maybe just make a fighting explorer with graphics that are similar to the Bandeirante? I mean the same stats as the explorer, just with A/D too... Could pretty damn usefull...

The Guerillero is just that.

It's made specifically for pillaging (the only thing Explorer is good for) and it has 2/2 A/D just incase of contact.

Sween, guess you finally got the recognition you deserve as a Mod Maker :) well done

Sween,

What´s your suggestion for the brazilian civ, and the bandeirante as well??
It´s gonna be great, if in the same pack, we have the bandeirante flics, and the D.Pedro´s too... ;)

The D.Pedro I files that i putted, are already flics, but, i don´t know, if those flics will work correctly in the game...:confused:

regards,

what i'm gonna do is combine your two versions. I'm going to have Vargas as the leader (I already have leaderheads done to go with the mod style), being the more recent of the two leaders, and have the bandeirante as the UU, being the one who will add more to the game.

I've been working on this mod for awhile and I've been working alot lately so I've forgotten some stuff about the quickness of land occupation... would Gunpowder be too late to make this unit useful?

If not, I am going to use the Musketman graphic (looks very good for the unit, and France is not in the mod) and create a Build city flic for them, and make them a 2/2/2. This would be pretty accurate because they did use muskets.

If it is too late in the game, then I'll make them available at Map Making or the Republic and a 1/1/2.

I need you to be completely honest and I need some opinions on this because I really want to get this mod out as quickly as possible.

I really want Brazil in this mod, and I still have alot of information to acquire on the other Civs for the Pedia and other things to do.

Time to interfere again:

Sween, I want to know, are you prepared to give up historical accuracy in behalf of a more useful unit?

See, to be perfectly accurate historically, the "bandeirante" would have to come after gunpowder, really, because they were available about the 16th and the 17th centuries.

However, a unit with exploring/ city founding capability would be plain useless in an era when all the land is already taken.

However, putting them after map making (when most of the land is already taken as well, but it would have at least a window of usefulness) would be totally inaccurate, as they came much later.

Although I have being one of the major defenders of the “pracinha” due to our ability to place it in the perfect era (not to mention a whole lot of facts, including that the “pracinhas” were actual military units while the “bandeirantes” were rogues that went on outlawed incursions), I didn’t think it was impossible to use them… but at the expense of a mental exercise.

As CIV isn’t historically precise, I said: “well, we need it to be available at the beginning so it can be useful. Ok, than, it was a Brazilian primordial unit; and the Brazil’s primordial era, in the game, is the begging. So, it must be available at the beginning”.

It’s a little to much, I admit, but, although I never really agreed with the “bandeirante” unit, It was going to come up anyway (majority call, and in a democracy, being defeated but not convinced isn’t reason enough to question the results) so at least I could provide the tools to make us feel comfortable with it.

However, I DO think that, if the unit you insist in your choice of having the “bandeirante” as the unit, it should come no later than the “map making tech”. Too many people have mocked Firaxis for making useless units, for us to allow modders to do that as well.

Well, just my $ 0,02, anyway.

Regards :).

I can see having a settler with 2 moves and 0/0 a/d in the beginning, or a settler with 1 move and 1/1 in the beginning. that would be great.

BUT....

unfortunatley the 1/1/1 would be almost useless, and you'll protect them with units anyways.

the 0/0/2 would be kind of odd because the bandeirante conquered, too. also, if you have it use 2 movements, then Brazil will be almost impossible to defeat in a conquerer game and they would take much of the land away from other civs, dissalowing them to gain technology and making them basically a third world country.

I don't know. Maybe I'll just go out on a limb and make them a 1/1/2 in the very beginning. But I'm really too busy to create an attack flic so I might make them 0/0/2. Besides, thats the way most UU's are in the real game. all the same except there is 1 point higher in a stat.

I've been working on the Guerilla Tactics website as I've been making the mod. You obviously can't download the mod right now, but you get to see alot of whats in it.

Click here to go to the Guerilla Tactics website

I warn you only a few of the Civilopedia entries and Civ info are on there right now but it'll all be there soon enough.

I already can't wait for the XP to come out so I can have more civs. China will come back and Spain will most definatley be an important addition (you all know why). Iraq will also be in the XP version of this mod. But that will be then, and I'm just dreaming right now.

Sween,

The bandeirante is a complicated unit, isn´t it?:)

So, the best atributtes that matches with him, are 1/1/2, and, before map making.
They must have 1 of attack, so as to capture units, as, in the history, they´ve captured indians (in the game case, will be workers)
The 1 point of defense must be together, and the 2 moviment points, are, in my opinion, primordials, because, they explored jungles, and, other territories.
If the problem is the atack´s flic, make it as simple as possible, or copy it from another unit, like musketeer...
As fredlc said, they were avaiable early here, so, in the game, the could be too..;)

regards,

I'm back online so I'll start working on this mod again.

I've had some time to play-test it.

One bad thing about Brazil's UU is that the AI will only make it go 1 movement so it can still be protected by another unit (I was hoping it wouldn't do this because it's listed as both a Settler and and Offensive unit). Also, Brazil ticks off alot of the civs because they just insist on running through others territory and they try consistantly! Once they're kicked out, they just go back in. Not even America or England is this relentless! My northern neighbor/close ally Italy didn't like that too much so my eastern neighbor Brazil got burnt a little in the beginning of the middle ages.

And, even though Argentina's aggressiveness is all the way to the left, Evita can be a total b!tch! Man, oh man. She'll be your friend and just after you trade maps she steals a worker. Every time I played I had to whipe her clean from existance. I guess that's a good thing cause their UU is pretty good.

I'm thinking of adding more UU's depending on what continent your civ is from. I think this could add even more to the mod, seeing there's already a UU depending if your a Guerilla civ or not.

American civs will have the Mounted Warrior, and Europeans will have the Man-o-War (maybe). Not sure what the Asian UU will be but it can't be an upgrade of a Knight. I wish you could make Civilians a UU because they'd definatly have a laborer who works extra hard. The Israel unit will go back to the Merkavah Tank and I'll use the Camel Rider as the Middle East UU (but then there won't be an Arabian Knight except for Egypt and South Africa and I'll have to rename it). African civs will have a clone of the Jaguar Warrior and it will be called Tribesman (giving South Africa a distinct military advantage in the beginning). Let's hear some suggestions, I'm completely open to them. :p

Keep in mind that there will be more European civs in the XP version, like Spain and Portugal, and there will be the African country of Angola. Also, China will return with the Junk as a UU.

Now that the old fashioned guerillas will be in the XP, I need to rename Cuba's UU. Rebel Soldier?

I'm also seriously considering making the Brazilian UU the pracinha (a cheaper infantry). Although theoretically the bandierente unit adds more to the mod, it also adds too much hassle and it's a ***** having to kill a settler instead of getting 2 workers out of it ;)

Why not give him the same name as civ2 - partisan (isn´t is?)?

In my opinion, the bandeirante will be quite better than pracinha... ;) either his historical value is much better...

Give who a Partisan?

What do you think of the Continental UU's? Good idea or no?

Top Bottom