Guess the Map II: witty sequel titles failed me

Perhaps that is't a zero, but a no data.

But alcohol consumption fits most of the map. Russia, Czech Republic, Islamic countries, Ireland, etc. Alcoholics I would question because I believe that Europe tends to have more overall consumption than North America, but not a significantly higher addiction rate.

No way in hell are China and India more industrialized than Benelux.

This rule wasn't in the original thread, at least that I ever saw. I don't think anyone should mind it though. I'll edit the OP, and if no one objects, post some clarifications.
It wasn't in the original thread. That's what was wrong with it.
It's the rule in all such threads.

We must have order !

Japan is not dark enough.

Looked the same as the other G8 countries, but I'm in a dark bedroom with a dimmed laptop screen.

It wasn't in the original thread. That's what was wrong with it.
It's the rule in all such threads.

We must have order !

Well this isn't my thread, I only made it. I'm not too comfortable with laying out rules without the consent of the other frequent contributors to the last thread. I'm open to suggestion from anyone here, please chime in or pm me.

Consumption of something or other. Could be steel but WTF SA? Coal perhaps? Red meat?

Whatever it is, it is closely correlated with Population. If you just say higher population = darker, the shades fit quite good, the only exception I see is Bangladesh...

Man, that map is kicking my ass. I keep staring at it. I'm thinking it has something to do with the consumption of energy, perhaps overall electricity consumed?

Another interesting thing is that North and South Korea are both at the same level. They do produce a lot of military hardware though, which I imagine is energy consuming. The populace at large I don't think gets to enjoy a lot of electricity though..

So it could be something cultural like red-meat consumption, but then why the big difference between Ireland and the UK?

Whatever it is, it is closely correlated with Population. If you just say higher population = darker, the shades fit quite good, the only exception I see is Bangladesh...
Canada? Breaks absolute and density.

Top Bottom