Guilds [Modular] 2.7

thanks for trying. then it has to be a conflict with another mod
Guess I have to change all defines in my mod :cry:

Could it maybe be that I have your minimods (like jungle) installed one after the other which means I was now too lazy to search them all out and put in the new merged "projects", while you, vincentz (now) have them all in the same "projects" folder, instead of previous seperate locations?

thanks for trying. then it has to be a conflict with another mod
Guess I have to change all defines in my mod :cry:

That might not fix it. If you want useful bug reports, ask people to list the addons they are using or go and backup your ROM folder and download ALL the existing addons. That's how I figure out what problems I have.

That might not fix it. If you want useful bug reports, ask people to list the addons they are using or go and backup your ROM folder and download ALL the existing addons. That's how I figure out what problems I have.

Thats's what I just did yesterday evening, cause I got the ctd.
It's annoying, let me tell you that (took about half an hour to search for all the files). I thought about making a "mega-mini-mod", by merging it all together in one archive.
But then again, I have no idea where to host... :(

Could it be done by anyone? It might be the hit for newbs "new RoM XXL", cause they don't have to dl, install, dl, install a hundred times before having the [best] hugest possible rom (if they don't like a part they just put the thing in unloaded modules - of course this wouldn't work with core dll).

As they get easier in the game and "dig" the scene earlier they themselves will become multipliers in the modding process far sooner.

Could it maybe be that I have your minimods (like jungle) installed one after the other which means I was now too lazy to search them all out and put in the new merged "projects", while you, vincentz (now) have them all in the same "projects" folder, instead of previous seperate locations?

No, i dont think so. Every mod I made is independent of each other and some like the satellites and secret agents are even more separateable. The reason I made the Projects was it would be easier to make the Vincentz Mods so people could pick and choose what they wanted with better overview instead of having to go through 4 or 5 folders. With that said, you'd propably missed some silent updates that I made with Vincentz Mods. Though you might want to wait until I update again after 2.71. Especially the Warlords mod will be fixed.

I have a really slow internetconnection so if I had to download all the mods it would take weeks compared to putting a V in front of the definitions which would take 15 to 30 minutes. Next time I go on a Visarun (and get mainland ADSL) I'll download the whole lot. There are sooo many good mods in this forum ;)

Could it be done by anyone? It might be the hit for newbs "new RoM XXL", cause they don't have to dl, install, dl, install a hundred times before having the [best] hugest possible rom (if they don't like a part they just put the thing in unloaded modules - of course this wouldn't work with core dll).

I think that we have to wait until 2.71 as it will change how modules can be placed

I have not had time to check out all of the RoM Modmods, but want to say this looks very promising.:goodjob:

It will be nice if you could add in some events into your mod, the events could help of receive benefits such as discovering resources more often if we have either the farmer's guild or the miner's guild, help us receive payment for a job well done on that guild, and many other events.

It will be nice if you could add in some events into your mod, the events could help of receive benefits such as discovering resources more often if we have either the farmer's guild or the miner's guild, help us receive payment for a job well done on that guild, and many other events.

Oooh events :) I havent even looked at them, though I have a lot of ideas for quests as I almost never get one. But first I'll have to get the Guilds up and running ;)

Which brings me to a small request : Can anyone who has a lot of modmods installed try out the BETA4. There has been some compability issues, and I think I have solved it, but it would be nice to be sure before I continue the work on it. It is updated to 2.71. (Including MLF. Thanks Afforess :))

NOTE : It is not for testing in game (It is not finished yet). It is just to test if CIV can load....

I get it to load OK with 2.71, my movies, generalstaff's extra wonders and Affordess' "Realistic Deplomacy" and "Castles". No other of your stuff yet. I am slowly adding modules this time since last time I added in all the modules at once and everything went haywire!

Still loading andI have now tried it with bits from zulu9812 and joyoo but not the dll stuff from joyoo. Oh and your stuff. I have not tried putting in AAranda's stuff yet.

This looks incredibly more complex than your original concept of "Just a corporation model, only earlier".

I like it a lot - particularly that it's forcing us to make interesting choices.. :)

Oh yeah, this is getting pretty complex. Just a simple thing like the Guild Masters was a huge project (which I just finished. Put a screenie on the first page). First I used some wizard or something like that from the download section, but he didnt have the found animation, so instead I used a christian missionary with the wizards texture (dds). but the wizard didnt have a proper head so I copied it from the christian missionary and changed hair/beard while changing the color of the robe. But he was holding a crucifix in his hand, so that was removed only to find out that his hand didnt fall down but looked like he wanted to hold something. So I gave him a staff from the settler, and finally (after a lot of trial and error) there he is.... (with sound and animation)

Amazing work. have you got to the part where you try to "teach" the AI to learn it yet? Just curious your overall progress. Either way it looks awesome.

Also, has anyone else here tried this with Vista 64 bit OS. That is what I have and it kept me from trying some of the other modmods on the forum.

Everything I make is in XML, (though I wish I could code in sdk and python) so it can be used with 32bit/64bit win3.11/win95/win98/xp/vista/win7 ;)

About the AI : I worked a lot on it, and they'll found a guild in BETA5 and try to spread it, but they dont understand the concept 5 choices, so they'll stick to the first choice (Fishmonger/Carpentry/Weaving), which makes a lot more work for me, as I now have to make 15 guildmasters. But after that (and some testing/balancing) the Guilds are finally finished.

its actually pre-slavery that stops them. I was wondering about that as well sometimes when I was testing it. Until I read the Barter description. Just revolt to slavery. that should fix it ;)

But slavery destroys my research - which probably explains why I get so far ahead and have buildings and wonders becoming obsolete before I can build them ;)

Top Bottom