Gulf War Mod

quick question, trying to convert dae files, and i read somewhere where when you transfer them they dont usually work, only 1 in 5. but ive tried a good 15 and none have worked, either it doesnt conver to blender, or when it does when i convert it to nif it shows up blank. Do i need to do anything in between

quick question, trying to convert dae files, and i read somewhere where when you transfer them they dont usually work, only 1 in 5. but ive tried a good 15 and none have worked, either it doesnt conver to blender, or when it does when i convert it to nif it shows up blank. Do i need to do anything in between

I use .dae files all the time. Sometimes they don't work well. Tips:

1. Make sure the file was exported as a .dae and you selected all and all make the object one component if possible when exporting.
2. Make sure you have collada import/export plug-ins in Blender
3. Use the import .dae feature and not the open feature
4. Zoom in/out in blender. THe obect may be really small or big.

Sheffield Class (G.B.) Frigate

Attachments

• sheffield.jpeg
    sheffield.jpeg
    29.6 KB · Views: 113
Well do you mean from scratch or skinning? Let me know what you can do and what you plan on working on so we don't overlap, but here are some of the ones we need. With the ships, you can just create the towers in sketchup and send me some good pics (which is what I do) then I put the antenna/turrets/hull on them.

Skins we need:
Spoiler :

G.B. Puma
MLRS-GB Skin
M109-G.B. Skin
AMX-10 French Skin
AMX-30 saudi skin
f-18 Canada Skin
Chieftain-Kuwaiti Skin
Centurion-G.B. Skin
SA8-desert skin
T-72 Kuwaiti Skin (M-84)
MLRS Suadi
M60 Saudi Skin
Saudi Infanty Units

Some New Units we could use:
Spoiler :
Leander Class Frigate
Perth Class Destroyer
Al Medina Class Frigate
Badr Class Corvette
Oberon Class SubRapier Mobile SAM

These aren't all really necessary IMO, per se, but help round out the mod.

Well do you mean from scratch or skinning? Let me know what you can do and what you plan on working on so we don't overlap, but here are some of the ones we need. With the ships, you can just create the towers in sketchup and send me some good pics (which is what I do) then I put the antenna/turrets/hull on them.

Skins we need:
Spoiler :
G.B. Puma
MLRS-GB Skin
M109-G.B. Skin
AMX-10 French Skin
AMX-30 saudi skin
f-18 Canada Skin
Chieftain-Kuwaiti Skin
Centurion-G.B. Skin
SA8-desert skin
T-72 Kuwaiti Skin (M-84)
MLRS/M60 Saudi Skin
Saudi Infanty Units

Some New Units we could use:
Spoiler :
Leander Class Frigate
Perth Class Destroyer
Al Medina Class Frigate
Badr Class Corvette
Oberon Class Sub
Rapier Mobile SAM

These aren't all really necessary IMO, per se, but help round out the mod.

Well i borrow a lot of things from google sketchup, since the conversion is succesful 99% of the time and is a whole lot quicker. So i would be best at new units. The only one in google warehouse( out of new units) is the oberon class. The rest arent specifically in there, but if i do some googling and see what they look like, i can probably find something similar.

As for skins i can probably see what i can do, i can probably do some.

also any buildings you think we need?

We could probably use some new buildings such as:

King Khalid Military City
CENTCOM

I'm not sure what else we need. There will be a lot of forward bases, so buildings associated with those are needed. I know we have fortifications and Base of Operations. Maybe some of the current buildings could just have their names changed for the coalition civs that are situated from bases only (i.e. Ammo depot for Oil Refinery).

I also forgot, we're going to need the leaderhead pictures of our civs. I think some might exist, but others will be need to be made(static) or slightly modified (3d). Maybe if someone is reading this they can offer to make some of the 3d versions for us.

Oh, BTW I'm sure the new DCM 2.0 in progress will be a part of this mod.

I also forgot, we're going to need the leaderhead pictures of our civs. I think some might exist, but others will be need to be made(static) or slightly modified (3d). Maybe if someone is reading this they can offer to make some of the 3d versions for us.

Oh, BTW I'm sure the new DCM 2.0 in progress will be a part of this mod.

Doubt any1 who can make 3D ones is reading this, no one really makes LH lately, and the ones that do typically dont make requests. I will make the static ones though

Top Bottom