Haj01 - World Domination?

Here is the save Haj01_50BC.SAV

My 10th started with this... the backstabbing Iroquois didn't want to pay us 13gpt for Silk... my big :mad: :cry: :( :sad: mistage... they broke ROP...

I leave a big mess... I've tried to get the troops back from the celtish border..
Our bulk is 1 or 2 turns away from the border...Captured one town that needs attention...Ps! Odense needs reinforcement, built walls to companate... Iroquois got MT from Celts 1 turn into the war... managed to kill a few...

We got good world map now... We're are down Banking and Demo...
Germans are forgotten

LOG:

Turn 0 (110) 350BC Had a look around -8gpt at 5.3.2

Turn 1 (111) 330BC Trondheim Lib-> Marked, Babylon Worker->Treb, Ellipi Longb->Longb, Eulbar MDI-> Lib, Irquois start building Cop's Obs, Started moving troops north to celtish border preparing for Celtish Campaign..

Turn 2 (112) 310BC Babylon pumps out 1 worker per turn, The Celts start building Cop's Obs. My big undoing misstage (thinking) Lets lech the Iroquois while we got a Rop. Trade 13gpt & 11gp fpr Silk, -1gpt 5.3.2 Disband a reg worrior to break even.

Turn 3 (113) 290BC Keep building Sci Improv, Markedplaces and Military. The Spanish starts building Cop's Obs. MM in trondheim 2ent->2tax +2gpt at same tax rate. Dispatch three MDi to explore Iroquois territory.

Turn 4 (114) 270BC Babylon Worker->Worker,Samarra MusketMan->Marked,Birka Court->Marked(Ent's cost money),Nippur Court->Lib.
Trade Zulus Astronomy 23gp<-> Chemistry We Give. Connect Wine reduce 5.4.1 Shave off 2 turn on Metallurgy from 7to5.
MM Izibia 2Ent to 2Tax Break even. Still move troops north. (my own undoing think everything nice and quiet.

Turn 5 (115) 250BC Babylon worker->worker. Nineveh court->treb, Bergen Uni->Marked, Copenhagen Lib-Aqueduck, Akkad Court->Lib, Eridu Musketmen->Musketman, Eulbar Lib->Marked, Shapparuk Musketman->Musketman, Stavanger Spear changed to because of road connection Musketman->Lib

Turn 6 (116) 230BC Kicked some of ent to tax got down from -8gpt to -1gpt 5.4.1, Babylon Worker->treb, Horses connected, Upg. a Pike->Musketman
Cange my mind and get 4.5.1 -34gpt (138gp) to get Metallurgy in 1 turn

Turn 7 (117) 210BC Javik Court->Cannon, Akkad Cannon->Marked,
Uruk Uni->Knight, Shuruppak Musketman->Marked. The Spanish Mag Voy,
Sending Exloreres back so they get bak in time before ROP ends

Turn 8 (118) 190BC Get Metallurgy. Start researching MT (7turns). 5.4.1 +1gpt. Ashur Court->worker,Akkad Lib->Cannon

Turn 9 (119) 170BC Babylon Cannon->Worker, Nineveh Cannon->Cannon, Nippur Lib->Aqueduck, Est. Carchemish. 5.4.1 105gp +1gpt
MM kicked the last Ent to Sci get Metallurgy down to 6 turns

Turn 10 (120) 150BC Iroquois declared war on us. Raise tax 6.3.1 Upgrade two Spears to Musketman. Move forces South from Celtish border.

Turn 11 (121) 130BC Start the turn by losing 3 exploring MDI in Iroquois territory.But we kill 1 Spear, 1 Archer, 1 Longbow. Get a palace expantion.
The Celts complete Bach's Cath in Aleasia. The Greek and Zulu's starts building Mag Voy's. Raised Sci 5.4.1 at -10gpt 60gp MT due in 3 turns.

Turn 12 (122) 110BC Start prebuilding Cav in a few "towns". Keep moving forces south

Turn 13 (123) 90BC Iroquois forces move on Odense. Kill MW,Knight, Spear.
Cop's Obs completed in Madrid by the Spanish. Odense change Lib->wall

Turn 14 (124) 70BC Kill 2 Cav, Odense holds. Get MT start reseach on banking. Change prebuild from Knight to cav

Turn 15 (125) 50BC Oil Spring completes Shakespear's Theater. Upg a spear to Musketman. Kill 4 CAV, 3 Spear, Lose a MDI. And capture Ganogeh get 2 slaves

Thank you Hajime hope I didn't leave that much of a mess... I don't like getting a snike attack, that's my big weak spot.

Civ: We have yet to lose a city, period.

And we've gained 3 so far, I believe. I'm also about to take over the Iro capital.

You handed off at a perfect time - this is my best style of play :0.

Current kill ratio is astronomical - something like 50:6.

Cavalry army is destroying everything it sees, and I've engineered it so it just runs back to a stack - with the MDI army.

Plus the Zulu's declared war, but are feeding us units to promo off of.

WOOOOO00000000ooooooooo!! SADDLE ME UP!!

-sorry i get excited easily.

BTW: where are the zulu - are they behind or near the iroquois? what are they attacking with??

@Haj: you are one lucky get man!! yeah your a good player, but not only did you get several techs from goody huts (compared to a measly map and gold that I got) but you also manage to get a leader right when we first get cavalry!!!!?!! - not complaining though, were gonna have this game won before prozak even realises we've skipped his go!!! :)

:D :goodjob: :D the best news I could get. :) I felt really really awful last night... thinking I've ruined the game for all of us...and big mess, :goodjob: Hajime, great job...I can't even discribe how glad I am.... your :king: of hill Hajime

How many turns have you played? How is Odense doing? We need to keep the north happy and keep them from attacking us prematurly, while we're at war in the south

@Stoo jepp the the Zulu's are behind Iroquois.. The germans are off the coast... Managed to get the whole world map... I'll post it later too help our future planing..

I may end up going a turn or 2 over if no one has any objections.

This part of the game is tricky and is taking me longer then it should.

If I play it wrong, we lose the majority of our military - if I play it right, we've won the war against the Iro unless the Iro manage to negotiate alliances with the Spanish, Celts, and Greeks.

That could be tricky.

Heheh.

On a VERY good note, I just negotiated peace with the Zulu's.

On an even more amusing note, I talked the Zulu's into declaring war on the Iro - Iro are now getting attacked from both sides, with units throughout their territory ;). I mean, Zulu's have dozens of units on the Iro border - on OUR side of the border.

The Iro are going to get smacked ;).

All for Iron and 20 gold. + 70 or so for establishing embassy. Booyeah.

Also negotiated an alliance with Greece, just for the heck of it. Wines + 130 gold, ouch, but worth it considering Greece's current power.

Unfortunately, the Iro negotiated with Germany. They've got an alliance - but Germany is not a problem. They are across the sea, on an isolated island.

And now the Iro signed a military alliance against Greece with the Celts. And the Celts declared war on Greece 0.0

Just took Oil Springs. Looking good so far.

Kill ratio:

Something like 150+:10, or just plain ol' 15+:1. That's just what I bothered to keep track of in critical areas - not random killings from units trying to get into our territory.

Turn log: Consists of lots of military maneuvering. Captured a good chunk of cities, got a cavalry army.

There's not really anything noteworthy, however, in the turn log that I haven't already posted.

Just a sidenote to next player: Starve the Iro towns a bit with tax men.

Get us some gold if nothing else from those cities so they don't riot (with how corrupted they are, they won't actually get us anything useful other then taxmen), untill we end this war with the Iro.

Oh, and I believe I went one turn over.

A few points. A stack is poised to take Caughnawaga. Once Caughnawaga and Allegheny have been taken, the war is over for the Iro - they lack sufficient major production cities to mount a defense any longer.

The library towns need the libraries that are building them atm. They NEED border expansions, as it'll severely impede any Iro attacks into our main land - and we get luxes, so we benefit big time.

I never actually planned to take Centralia....taking it was a mistake in calculations. A big one. I was leader farming + destroying the riflemen with the army, and then...Ick.

Overall, we've severely impeded research in the civs on the map. It's given us a chance to catch up - and the other civs are weakened now. Celts and Greeks are going at it north of us - the Greeks will probably give us big bucks to ally with them against the Celts if we play our cards right, and the Celts are easy pickings now for us probably.

The Zulu's have been taking a beating for a while from the Iro untill I started whipping the Iro's arses. They are probably -severely- weakened, and the Iro razed at least one Zulu town I know of.

Once we're ready to end the Iro war, we can probably reach tech parity with the tech leader no problem.

Or we can just remove Iro resources and use them as a permanent leader farm. Whatever floats the next player's boat - I'd recommend getting a clear path in cities to the Zulu, and then negotiate peace. Preferably along the coast.

And my apologies. I left Stavenger in civil disorder: didn't notice, don't care. Stavenger is kind of one of those junk cities that are there but aren't really useful in any way, shape, or form ;).

Attachments

• haj01 260AD.JPG
    haj01 260AD.JPG
    183.2 KB · Views: 71
Might be a bit early - but it has to be the zulu next. cuts out the risk of a two pronged war, and the zulu are NOT to be trusted. I have had them attack me before even when they have NOOOO chance of winning. + we know that they dont even have iron!! they will be a push over! We can let the northern civs fight it out amoungst themselves. Anyway - i can go until at least monday (working 6 today and footy after, then 11 hour day friday and saturday and 10 on sunday: aaaarrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhh :(

Nope.. been busy with exam prep reading... and I didn't really want to go right (10turns) after again (wanted Stoo and Sour inbetween), but I'll go after u if we don't hear anything from the others...

sorry guys - ive been checking the thread but ive been working full time for the last week or so. Got a day off tomorrow though and I plan to take a turn then if no one else claims it.

I got it, I'll play tomorrow(18 hours) from now (00.00), after I've done some studying at school... I'm off to bed... I'll clean up Iroq's..

Anything else I need to consider Hajime? Anything you want ready... Stoo when do you have time off? If you have time to play ahead of me Stoo do so if not I'll complete my turn quickly.

My turn started at turn 141 as Hajime used 1 turn to clean up...nice btw...
I'll just play 9 turns I think... I'm at turn 7 now... just going to make some dinner
The people want Iron Works, Military Academy and the pentagon.
Eulbar (pop 6) is the town that can build Iron work in 13 turns... where shall i make the two others... Niniveh and Eulbar have potensial to build an army within 5-6 turns.. Babylon could make the other that makes us able to have 4 units in our army...
Iroq's are broken and getting smash by Zulu's and our forces... the Zulu's to Intombe back...

Here is the SAVE Haj - 350 AD

A few word The Celts have alliances with the Zulu and the Germans against Greece. The Greek have signed with an alliance with Spain against the Zulu's :cry:.

I leave a war front with troops all over the place sorry to next player. Good thing their at Zulu boarder, bad we want the Celts.

I'll be back with log tomorrow. I'm off to bed got a few thing to sort out in the morning in RL.

Top Bottom