Hammer bonuses' effect on Whipping and Chopping

Whipping does benefit from at least some of those bonuses, effectively making each pop worth more hammers when converted. Rush buying I'm not sure off-hand, that might only benefit from having the Kremlin.

I think you get the bonus for both cash and pop rushing.

If you get a heavily forested starting location and can hold off until you have Math and are running Bureaucracy, you can get double the hammers from chopping in your capital's radius. You can essentially get two catapults per wooded square.

If you get a heavily forested starting location and can hold off until you have Math and are running Bureaucracy, you can get double the hammers from chopping in your capital's radius. You can essentially get two catapults per wooded square.

You have done that? You have seen it give you 60 production?

Waiting for math and bureacracy is a real problem though, especially if you also say want to get a religion of your own (I recommend grabbing at least one of them) and other things like fishing etc.

Wait, I don't know about buracracy but I have chopped with organized religion and math and still it says I got 30 production.

Wait, I don't know about buracracy but I have chopped with organized religion and math and still it says I got 30 production.
I think the message says 30 (or 20 pre maths) but that is converted to more in the city if you have multipliers.

Just to be clear, maths chop is 30:hammers:, bureau bonus is +50% and a catapult costs 50:hammers:. So no, you don't get two cats per forest, but 0,9 cats.

Moderator Action: Felt discussion was worth its own thread. Cheers - lymond (OP, feel free to retitle thread to your liking)

Not sure this is answered properly. This thread confuses me.

Whipping and chopping get all bonuses you would get on your normal production. You get 30 hammers per pop on Normal game speed for all builds except Wonders/National Wonders. For those hammers per pop depend on the specific Wonder. All bonuses including stone/marble still apply. With Kremlin the base hammers per pop is increased to 45. (Example: With Kremlin, forge/factory/power a 2pop-whip is worth 2 * 45 * 2 = 180 hammers.)

Rushbuying via Universal Suffrage cost 3 gold per hammer and 2 gold per hammer with the Kremlin. Production bonuses do not apply.

Well, with enough base hammers, bureaucracy, and a forge, I can get two cats worth of production from a single chop playing marathon. I do the best I can with the base brain I got to work with. Wasn't born with many bonuses.

... especially if you also say want to get a religion of your own (I recommend grabbing at least one of them) and other things like fishing etc.
I think most around here would not recommend founding a religion of your own (except possibly when isolated (and even then not one of the early ones) or getting Taoism (not for the religion, but for getting Philosophy first.)

Well, with enough base hammers, bureaucracy, and a forge, I can get two cats worth of production from a single chop playing marathon. I do the best I can with the base brain I got to work with. Wasn't born with many bonuses.
(Calculations on Normal Speed, I don't know how they translate to Marathon)

For military :hammers: bonuses available by the time you get to Civil Service, we're probably looking at a maximum of +200% in the capital, right?

- Heroic Epic (+100%)
- Police State from Pyramids (+25%)
- Bureaucracy (+50%)
- Forge (+25%)

That gets you up to 90:hammers: from a Maths chop. It's theoretically possible to squeeze out 100:hammers: worth of military production in the turn you finish chopping the forest, since your city has at least one base :hammers: and 2-3 extra :hammers: from surrounding tiles, which are also multiplied... The problem is that I thought the game didn't allow you to produce more than 1 item per city in a single turn.

I think most around here would not recommend founding a religion of your own (except possibly when isolated (and even then not one of the early ones) or getting Taoism (not for the religion, but for getting Philosophy first.)
Like I said I find its a big help. Especially if someone elses religion is slow to spread. Organized religion is best setting on that side of civics for much of the game.

But even if you do get another nations religion relatively soon, still I'd say try to found a religion.

Well just from my experience anyway. Well I also prefer playing Indians who are a nation better at exploiting say having founded a religion better than other nations.

Top Bottom