1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Han Jae-Moon

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by BevHeartMuncher, Sep 25, 2015.

1. GoodSarmatian

GoodSarmatian Jokerfied Western Male

Pretty simple math.
    If you do something 100% faster it means you get it done in half the time. It doesn't mean it doesn't take any time.

I'm not denying that it's a strong trait. It's just not as strong as you might think. Your 100 science a turn assumes that all of your spies are in the field and nobody is running operations reconnaisance in your HQ, and missions still have a 100% success rate. That's not going to happen.

2. BevHeartMuncher

BevHeartMuncher Chieftain

When I first saw the faction, I hated it. And I'm not much a fan of the faction, gameplay-wise.

However, upon continuing to think about the character, I'm actually falling in love with this guy. He's exactly the kind of leader I'd be. I can just imagine him landing on the planet, and showing up to a meeting in his black suit with that sinister look on his face.

He actually reminds me a lot of a young, human Shredder. But with less shredding and more talking. This guy will make friends with everyone at first, then stab you all viciously in the back. with Geliopods.
    Those are the perfect unit for this guy. That whole affinity with it's 'anything to survive/win' attitude is exactly his style.

3. Westwall

Westwall Emperor

I want to see what he'll say to Daoming.

She was supposed to be brilliant in her own right and the sole representative of East Asia on the new planet.

Is anyone else imagining an epic story about a Supremacy-oriented PAC that has to suddenly contend with a more volatile, less predictable Supremacy-Harmony oriented Chungsu?

4. Lord Tirian

Lord Tirian Erratic Poster

The fun thing: with all the talk about "ego-diminution" and "iso-meditation", I actually get a Yang/Hive-vibe from his the faction sponsoring him, it seems to be all about forsaking individuality. This guy? He's rebelling and subverting that. He's not Yang, he's somebody who managed to outwit Yang.

From there, I can see how he's just going to go full-Yang himself, using the techniques used on him... or become "friendlier" (if still scheming) by rejecting what he broke free from, a start where he's in charge.

I like it, there's enough of an edge and backstory to this guy that you can see the personality but enough wiggle room to allow for personal development.

5. GenEngineer

GenEngineer Prince

For that much science, I'd be willing to keep them all out in the field. Heck, that almost justifies building an All-Seer to keep by capital safe (almost... maybe as a brief consideration). The point about the success rate is valid, but barring outside interference, the simpler operations like steal energy from a Secret Agent are very close to 100%. You'd need to find smaller, less valuable cities to plunder if you want to ensure they aren't defended, but then we are talking best case scenario in the first place.

Average scenario? Let's say it's closer to 40-50 Science a turn. Which it's still insanely good.

6. BevHeartMuncher

BevHeartMuncher Chieftain

I think he's supposed to be the opposite of Lena, and has a similar rivalry with Daoming isntead of Elodie.

I, too, can imagine the story. Daoming, happily bringing her people glory through building of a new, productive civilisation, then BAM, Chungsu comes along and starts a rebellion across 3 cities and then there's a civil war.
    Drones vs bionic savages. I'd say it'd be bloody, but drones are robots and I don't know if Harmony-Supremacy people bleed. Maybe Batman can ask them? ;)

7. iki

iki Warlord

So he's ebil ......went 2 supposed to have sea based traits?

8. Barathor

Barathor Emperor

I think many of us have been speculating and thinking about this leader for so long that we each had a different person ingrained into our head. So, when you first see the reveal and it's totally different from what you've imagined, your initial reaction is to reject it.

I'll admit, I had the same feeling when I saw it -- "Wait, what? That's not how he was supposed to look... and I wanted them to be primarily Japan, not Korean!" haha. But that wore off quick.

After reading the introduction and learning of his traits and thinking about how he fits amongst the rest of the leaders and the game, he was actually a great choice. He brings some unique flavor to the game -- and not only with him being the youngest leader. It's nice to get some darker personalities into the game to contrast many of the others.

9. Barathor

Barathor Emperor

Ooh, that's true... that'll be an interesting interaction as well. Not only because of the PAC, but it'll be a clash between the two geniuses.

10. Alkaid

Alkaid Warlord

I think he's pretty cool. Hilarious if Koreans are seriously upset he doesn't look enough like them. Mainly considering the big, current celebrity-driven trend there is to look more European through eye surgery, pale skin, etc.

I suppose if you wanted to make those people happiest on that front you'd of made Korea the first sponsor featuring a group of 4 individuals as the leader, all female, and the ability would be they're the only BE sponsor that can win using a Civ V BNW-style culture victory. ;)

Spoiler :

I get if they might not like he's more bad guy-ish than the other sponsors. Though if it makes them feel better, Suzanne's one of my most hated sponsors and she's almost always a back-stabbing b**** in my games! :p
    Really though, pretty cool sponsor. Decent to possibly good ability with a lot of spies and spy-enhancing agreements.

11. GenEngineer

GenEngineer Prince

Personally, I want to see the interaction between him and Fielding. Show me the spy vs spy dialogue! I need it!

12. Karl0413

Karl0413 Prince

The great rivalry begins.:p

13. Indomitus

Indomitus Chieftain

Correct if I'm wrong but they mentioned in one of the live streams that you will NOT be able to view other sponsors when they land, only their landing site. They want you to "discover" the factions in game like in previous Civ games.

Wouldn't this counter early spy ops when you haven't run across another civ?

14. GenEngineer

GenEngineer Prince

To an extent yes, but it depends how you define early. Someone lands close enough by that you meet them on turn 10? Still really early for the spy game. If it winds up being more like turn 50+? Then you're right, and it's not as valuable.

Regardless, I always liked playing with everyone landing at once (although the greetings pop ups got old fast), so that may be a case of me generalizing it to my playstyle.

15. Barathor

Barathor Emperor

I guess it still has to grow on me, and maybe I need to learn more about this guy, but does anybody else think his clothes are a little too "traditional"?

Looking back at all the other leaders, they all have a bit more of a futuristic vibe to them.

16. Westwall

Westwall Emperor

I think a novelization could really be formed around this idea.

Picture this: A pair of agents from a Purity/Supremacy-oriented ARC or Franco-Iberia travel to PAC on a diplomatic mission and are received by Daoming, who's beaming with pride at what PAC has accomplished since the early years of planetfall.

They're given the red carpet treatment by Daoming, who is only too happy to show her guests the latest advances and benefits of a fully Supremacy-oriented digital-robotics society with its impressive mechs and massive skyscrapers. It's all incredibly breathtaking and PAC seems to be on the bleeding edge of technology and progress in every possible way.

But suddenly, Tiangong comes under attack from Supremacy/Harmony hybrid soldiers and Aquilons from the Chungsu empire. Their units are faster and more adaptable with their biological components and PAC Supremacy forces are barely able to fight off the first wave, with our two protagonists caught in the thick of it as they try to escape Tiangong before it falls to onslaught of the alien-cyborg abominations.

And that could just be the first act.

17. The_CatSnack

The_CatSnack Warlord

Wait wait.. is this guy confirmed in?! or still could it just be a clever prank?

18. Scaramanga

Scaramanga Brickhead

I think this is North Korea. They outlasted everybody and now terrorise space

19. ggmoyang

ggmoyang King

At least I'm not pissed :)

20. Westwall

Westwall Emperor