Han Jae-Moon

By the end of the end affinity, maybe 8.

If BE is 3, Starships is 5, and 10 is something like this for Harmony.

I'd prefer Purity to reference the culture of origin when possible while generally looking glorious.

I still think leader backgrounds should be made - varying by Sponsor and by Affinity.

my favorite look for top affinities is the original concept art

Spoiler :

Moderator Action: Wide image wrapped inside spoiler tags.

Personally, that's a bit too extreme for my tastes. Harmony is modified humans, yes, but still recognizably human.

Personally, that's a bit too extreme for my tastes. Harmony is modified humans, yes, but still recognizably human.

Same here. The concept art looks great, except the harmony one. It really isn't a radical race change. I mean, even if you lived in a community that valued preserving the planet and altering humanity to it, it would be unfathomable to persuade your people to alter themselves that much.

Same here. The concept art looks great, except the harmony one. It really isn't a radical race change. I mean, even if you lived in a community that valued preserving the planet and altering humanity to it, it would be unfathomable to persuade your people to alter themselves that much.

In some new artworks, you can see "humans" with four arms. That's the core of harmony. They don't care about their "humanity" anymore. They only keep what they feel "valuable".

You are talking more like an Purity-Harmony where it makes sense to want to keep some links with your "humanity".
4 arms, no hair, being able to use something else than iron to carry oxygen or being able to use something else than oxygen to create energy should lead to something like that.

In some new artworks, you can see "humans" with four arms. That's the core of harmony. They don't care about their "humanity" anymore. They only keep what they feel "valuable".

You are talking more like an Purity-Harmony where it makes sense to want to keep some links with your "humanity".
4 arms, no hair, being able to use something else than iron to carry oxygen or being able to use something else than oxygen to create energy should lead to something like that.

The four armed dude is a fan art. Too bad, because it's really cool.

Spoiler :

I think harmony in BE is a lot more timid than this image, just things like, elastic bones, alien lungs, etc. The game doesn't tell us much about the changes an harmony human goes through. Supremacy, on the other hard, is a lot more extreme, with plenty of buildings and quests hinting that some citizens are now living in a virtual reality, without a need for flesh bodies.

Then Supremacy should just be a holographic sphere, a la EDI in Mass Effect 2. There are the logical, most extreme ends of the affinities, and then there is what people can relate to. Personally, I'm a big Harmony fan and all for the genetic tampering, but I find it difficult to relate to that Harmony... 'person'.

Then Supremacy should just be a holographic sphere, a la EDI in Mass Effect 2. There are the logical, most extreme ends of the affinities, and then there is what people can relate to.
You can relate to EDI in Mass Effect 2? I just wanted her dead
Spoiler :
and happily got my wish with Destroy in 3

But anyway, yeah, holographic projection would be OK for Supremacy. Preferably hooked up to a brain in a jar. Or a big beep-booping computer. Just something to show they've gone digi-human.

For Harmony I'd have them double-down on that vaguely horrifying affinity quote where they celebrate cockroaches, and have the faction leader have millipedes crawling up her arms or whatever.

Purity? I do think the whole swag gold motif works pretty well. Could perhaps do with them holding some lovingly restored, printed Old Earth atlas or something, just to show that we don't care for all that fancy future stuff 'round here.

my favorite look for top affinities is the original concept art

Spoiler :

Moderator Action: Wide image wrapped inside spoiler tags.

Where can I find more concept art of BE?

Spoiler :

The point is that you can't, not in the same way as a human. Part of the way we're wired.

Spoiler :
And how dare you destroy EDI. Her and Joker were the most adorable couple, and that's before you get into the collateral damage of the Geth

Spoiler :

But anyway, yeah, holographic projection would be OK for Supremacy. Preferably hooked up to a brain in a jar. Or a big beep-booping computer. Just something to show they've gone digi-human.

For Harmony I'd have them double-down on that vaguely horrifying affinity quote where they celebrate cockroaches, and have the faction leader have millipedes crawling up her arms or whatever.

Purity? I do think the whole swag gold motif works pretty well. Could perhaps do with them holding some lovingly restored, printed Old Earth atlas or something, just to show that we don't care for all that fancy future stuff 'round here.
something more than changing the color if their clothes, I'm supremacy cant you see my grey-black shirt? For Supremacy a strait-up robot such as the one in the concept art would work, but it would have to be recognizable as that leader not as Commander Unit 001010110.

Harmony: well depends on the leader; someone like Kavitha (hate) I see as very radical change embracing insanities as Photo-synthesis many plant abilities mixed with some Alien bugs and such, beyond that I cant say much I hate harmony and Kavitha and have never/will never play them.

Purity: BEHOLD, the Lord of swag HUTAMA. Hutama of course should have quite a bit of swag as he is the King of Swag. but more to the point I think a more native approach would be better after all Purity is the preservation of Old-Earth culture and why wouldn't you preserve your own culture, your making individual leaders so why not. the city graphics? well I really don't care its not something your paying too much attention to and the only City graphics that would stand out would be Hybrid ones since they're so shiny, probably just stick with the city graphics they have now.

Spoiler :
Mass Effect, many likeable characters but EDI? meh I hardly took her on any missions. and Joker. with EDI? bah Renegade Shepard has better things to do like killing Batarians with Wrex.
and the Geth I love those flashlight heads.

It's not the hard to persuade :
1. Mod yourself and your friends and like-mind's body so you and your friends can breath comfortably and reliably in Planet's atmosphere.

2. Vent "terran" air out of your colony, slowly. :bump: Maybe using someone to blow up those "Terran Airmaker"

3. Profit! :king:

Yeah, I think the Starships take on Harmony nails it much more. Alien additions to allow humans to live in harmony with the planet, similar to a human on Earth - and perhaps some genetic fixes/upgrades inspired by the alien wild life... but not the creation of a whole new species.

Perhaps for Harmony 18, when you maxed out on Harmony, then I could see it... but that's about it.

I think its recognizably human enough

Where can I find more concept art of BE?

not a lot out there but here.

http://tcfischer.tumblr.com/

We probably could have gotten more but folks here did a... "supbar" interview to her. Next time i'll just do without telling them and if i get rejected at least it'll be by Firaxis themselves lol.

Here are some of the models too
http://www.exisinteractive.com/portfolio_category/characters/

something more than changing the color if their clothes

frankly if i had to choose i'd rather have changing bodies with the same set of clothes recolored.

The four armed dude is a fan art. Too bad, because it's really cool.

Spoiler :

I think harmony in BE is a lot more timid than this image, just things like, elastic bones, alien lungs, etc. The game doesn't tell us much about the changes an harmony human goes through. Supremacy, on the other hard, is a lot more extreme, with plenty of buildings and quests hinting that some citizens are now living in a virtual reality, without a need for flesh bodies.

Actually, looking at that image, that better encapsulates late-game harmony: the people have altered themselves that much but they still have some human features, seeing the shape of the face and the hair. Remember: it's for the sake of adaptation. There's really no logical reason why you'd replace your entire head with some alien head if it does not have a real difference to adaptation. As for evolution, I don't see any explanation as to why harmonists would end up like that.

As for purity/harmony, even though they still seek to preserve humanity while respecting the planet and even though supremacy is their polar opposite in terms of affinity ideology, purity/harmony and supremacy have 1 thing in common and that is the ability to adapt to the next world after this. Purity would be curing the defects in humanity but not making any additions. Purity/harmony would be doing that and making some additions not necessarily to adapt to the planet, but just to enhance humanity in general. My main gaming simile would be bioshock and the splicers but without the horrible side-effect of being addicted/dependent on Adam (or was it Eve) chemical to survive and probably without the splicing that enables you to channel certain elements.

I'm not sure Harmony/Purity's views on the planet have been specified either way, but I like to think of them as Harmony leaning in terms of humanity and Purity leaning in terms of the planet.

Perfect the human form through severe genetic engineering while also crafting the perfect ecosystem to live in.

I'm not sure Harmony/Purity's views on the planet have been specified either way, but I like to think of them as Harmony leaning in terms of humanity and Purity leaning in terms of the planet.

Perfect the human form through severe genetic engineering while also crafting the perfect ecosystem to live in.

Well that is their own take in both cases.
Modify people...but not to be like the planet
Modify environment...but not to be like Earth

Top Bottom