1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Hand-Axe Level 4 Upgrade - what do you choose?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Strategy & Tips' started by Blatc, May 22, 2015.

1. Blatc

Blatc Prince

What would you pick for a hand-axe level 4 upgrade that already has Barrage 3 - Logistics, March, or other?
    Context: playing for domination, could have Chivalry in ~25 turns (civilopedia says hand-axes upgrade to knights).
    If I remember correctly, Logistics will work on a knight

2. BlackWizard

BlackWizard King

March..Knight arent very powerful at attacking so no need for double attack. March is very good.

3. joncnunn

joncnunn Senior Java Wizard Moderator

About the only time for a Hand Axe only 25 turns from Chivalry that I'd choose Logistics before March would be if playing the Arabs who have the Camel Archer.

4. beetle

beetle Deity

So many times knight leave a unit almost dead. Starting with an equivalent to blitz would be sweet. What about logistics first, then not upgrade until you have March as well? Does logistics stack with blitz?

5. claudiupb

claudiupb King

With logistics you can get a lot more XP in 25 turns than with march. You may even get march before upgrading, and have a knight that can attack twice and heal. From what I know logistics stacks with blitz, giving 3 attacks, so it will also be useful later during the game, when you upgrade it to a tank. If you can get enough XP, you should go logistics-march before update, otherwise just get march.