Hannibal tv series-- your view of it?

Well, the tv series version of the reporter looks better than (rip) P.S.Hoffmann anyway :)

(in fact the entire cast is better than their analogous in the movies, although i haven't seen the original film, Manhunter).

If there was total fealty to the source material, then Hannibal sequels wouldn't be made at all, especially since Agent Starling ends up running off with Lecter for a romantic liason.
Well, they don't have to address that for a while. Season 3 is coming up and they haven't even reached Red Dragon yet, which will be season 4. I think I read that Francis Dolarhyde and Reba McClane have been cast already. Seasons 5-6 were going to be The Silence of the Lambs, but so far Bryan Fuller and NBC haven't been able to secure the characters unique to that book from MGM, so they can't use Clarice Starling or Buffalo Bill.

Well, the tv series version of the reporter looks better than (rip) P.S.Hoffmann anyway :)

(in fact the entire cast is better than their analogous in the movies, although i haven't seen the original film, Manhunter).
It's very, very '80s. I like it, but it was right at the height of Mann's Miami Vice fame and filmmaking style.

It's very, very '80s. I like it, but it was right at the height of Mann's Miami Vice fame and filmmaking style.
That's a spot-on analysis. It's worth watching as a window into the history of cinema. I like Michael Mann's version of Hannibal and the Tooth Fairy.

I've watched the first season, it's ok but it often seems silly like those people who were buried in ground and kept alive so mushrooms could grow on them. Or the Angel skin flaps, all very silly.

I agree. There would be a lot more vegetarians if people hunted or trapped their meat and poultry sources.

I doubt it, they would adapt it isn't as if there was a plethora of vegetarians before the modern age. Imagine if vegetarians had to farm their own food and couldn't rely on modern farming they would be starving to death.

Depends. As you go back in technology level you do generally have a much greater use for livestock as they convert human inedible plant matter into human consumable calories.

I've watched the first season, it's ok but it often seems silly like those people who were buried in ground and kept alive so mushrooms could grow on them. Or the Angel skin flaps, all very silly.

It is silly. The premise is silly too. If one is a serial killer and a cannibal chances are they won't try to be a therapist to others anyway. The detective with the 'great empathy' gift is also quite bad an idea.

I'm very proud of my countryman Mads Mikkelsen for making it this far.

Also, I havent seen this show, and I have no plans to. I just don't care for horror/slasher/whatever.

Game of Thrones I like. And it has Nikolaj Coster-Waldau in it. :p

Eh, i am now on episode 12 of the first series.

I think it was not a good idea to have this show have so many kills by Hannibal. It gets less realistic by the episode. Ok, the source material was already not a solid premise, but in this series Hannibal is really not believable at all intentions-wise.
This is nearing levels of annoying unreality of the second half of that bad 'Gone Girl' movie.

Top Bottom