Happy Labor/Labour Day Weekend, America/Canada!!

bhsup

Deity
Labor/Labour Day is officially Monday, September 1st this year, but the entire weekend is a long vacation weekend for many Americans/Canadians.

Yes, it is on this day that we Americans/Canadians collectively give thanks to our generous benefactors, our employers, for graciously allowing us to labor for them. In gratitude, we... we... hahaha, no sorry, I cannot continue. I fear I might cause some heads to explode. JUST KIDDING, GUYS!

Seriously though, I hope everyone that this is relevant for has a wonderful and safe Labor/Labour Day holiday weekend. You earned it, so enjoy it!

Link to video.

Link to video.

We don't like to bring up any possible association. It gives us the willies.

I prefer May 1st to celebrate Labor Day.

Are May 1st and September 1st related in any way?
Yes. They are each the first day of their respective months.

May 1 means nothing in Canada except to those who didn't get their taxes filed by midnight the night before.

So.. about the metric system and Celsius...
Wonderful system of measurement!

Thank you, bhsup. :) Labor Day weekend here is the "last hurrah" for the back to school sales, and the last weekend most people deem good for camping (although there was one year in the '80s when I didn't go to the SCA camping event, and sat home watching the sleet and snow and not missing the camping at all). Some people also go camping on Thanksgiving weekend.

For me it will be a bit quieter this weekend since my across-the-hall neighbors moved out last night. Whoever the new people end up being, hopefully they won't have any babies with them, won't be smokers, and won't have loud fights like my down-the-hall neighbors.

It's still over a month until Thanksgiving, though, when most of the recreational venues around town either shut down until spring (ie. the Farmer's Market) or go to winter hours).

Thank you, bhsup. :) Labor Day weekend here is the "last hurrah" for the back to school sales

Yeah, it's a pretty huge sales weekend in the States, too, but Missouri has a dedicated tax-free back to school shopping weekend each year too. That was at the beginning of August this year.

Top Bottom