1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Haven't played since the patch that made districts not stack. You pick my civ.

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by LoneDragon, Apr 2, 2017.

1. SxSnts9

SxSnts9 Chieftain

I did trade for 2. Though they weren't cheap, the AI should probably ask for more than they currently do.

2. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Warlord

Fred Barbarossa, Deity level; YnAMP, Giant map, ludicrous size (230x115 hexes),
    24 civs, 60 city states. Marathon pace. Any victory type.

If that's too tough for you, then play tic-tac-toe against my little sister. You can have 1st move.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  3. LoneDragon

LoneDragon Chieftain

Less tough and more of that sounds like a game that would take FOREVER and I'd get bored and quit halfway through.
    I don't plan to ever play Marathon again and I only play Epic if I'm planning a domination victory and I want to play war with ancient to medieval units.

4. MantaRevan

MantaRevan Chieftain

Epic? I find standard speed to be a snoozefest. How can you guys stand playing anything faster than quick, where production scales really really slowly in comparison to everything else?

5. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Warlord

It should take only 2 to 3 days tops for someone with your ability.

Fair enough. For a moment there I thought you were going to
    give us all a lesson in how to make a really tough win look easy.:cringe:

6. LoneDragon

LoneDragon Chieftain

2 votes for Arabia science victory. Last chance to throw in a vote.

7. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Warlord

Easy. Lots of time in semi-retirement; dexedrine, caffeine, three computers - 1 for Civ, 1 for maths, 1 for vids.

Fred Barb, religious victory, deity.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2017
  8. LoneDragon

LoneDragon Chieftain

Gorramit! 2 votes Germany, 2 votes Arabia...as long as we're tied I might as well let the one guy(sorry not going back a page to get your name) vote twice and say 2 for Australia.
    Tie breaker votes?
    Edit: I lied....sorry NegativeZero. :)

9. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

Arabia

10. CaptainUnknown

CaptainUnknown Chieftain

Out of those 3, I think you go for the one that gives you the most new experience, i.e. go Arabia if you never did religion, Australia for appeal system and Germany if you want to go district crazy.

11. ShinigamiKenji

ShinigamiKenji Chieftain

So, how's it been? Which one did you pick?

If I still could, I'd say to use Macedon and go for a Island Plates Cultural Victory just for the lulz.

12. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Warlord

For extra lulz if you decide to play as Australia, steal a worker or settler
    from England and take it back to Australia. That should be an achievement
    on Steam. :)

13. Leyrann

Leyrann Warlord

Simple. I reduced the production scaling for districts.

14. LoneDragon

LoneDragon Chieftain

Ok, I'll go Arabia! For the love of god stop saying "lulz"! It reminds me of that stupid Smiley movie!

NegativeZero and Siptah like this.
  15. LoneDragon

LoneDragon Chieftain

Arabia Standard speed Small Fractal Emperor difficulty.
    Japan is to my North, Egypt SE and Kongo East of them so far. I met Preslav and Yerevan to the East of Japan.
    Turn 40 - unmet player has been defeated...hm, interesting...this seemed to trigger the Inspiration for Political Philosophy even though I have only met 2 City States.

16. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

With Yerevan nearby, it's always so tempting to go for religion... But Science Victory with Arabia is really fun! Religion victory needs so much planning ahead and luck with your neighbors with this civ... But Kongo is always nice since he spreads your religion as well.

17. LoneDragon

LoneDragon Chieftain

Met Buenos Aries East of Egypt. Constructed bottleneck city to the South. Egypt denounced me for not joining her against Kongo. Now to found a 4th city, get some boats going and gear up for territory was vs Japan.

Kongo just declared war on Egypt and Japan settled right above my capital...it's on now!

Looks like Hattusa is East of Kongo and Gilgamesh farther East.

Turn 61 - Turns out Lisbon was North of Preslav this whole time...wish I had scouted farther North. Kongo offered me 9 gold per turn for one of my horses which should help...but Egypt and Sumeria just declared war on me so Japan may have to wait.

Turn 64 - Gilgamesh declared war on Persia, so I now know who my 5th opponent is. Buenos Aires and Hattusa have joined the war against me. I have yet to see an enemy unit, but I'm training more Archers and researching Iron Working. I switch to Classical Republic...I may have made a boo boo there.

I wanna attack Japan so bad...settle a city just North of my capital and then tell me I'm settling too close to them when I settle a city SE of my capital...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2017
    Siptah likes this.
  18. tmacdec

tmacdec Chieftain

Hello, can you confirm something for me. I was playing last night and noticed slight architectural differences between China, Jakarta, Nan Madol which all use green string lamps and Seoul which uses red string lamps. I was curious what color lamps Japan uses. Trying to see if Seoul is the only Far East civ/city state who uses red which may point to Korea being the next DOC civ

19. LoneDragon

LoneDragon Chieftain

Turn 80 - Another "unmet player" defeated. Japan hasn't made a move yet. I have walls up in my first 3 cities, I suzerained Preslav and I'm gathering my forces. Still have yet to see an enemy unit from the people who declared war on me.

Japan has lots of Warriors and Archers.

20. LoneDragon

LoneDragon Chieftain

Turn 118 - Finally founded religion. I got Religious Settlements, Religious Community and Wat. I just got my first Campus built and Suz status with Lisbon. 3 Quadriremes, 3 Swordsmen, 2 Galleys, and a Siege Tower...I kinda want to go after Japan now, but I've only had the money to convert 2 of my Archers to Crossbow.