Hawkwood's various converted stuff

Well, I mostly converted stuff specifically for the inclusion in RI; there aren't really that many buildings I've converted that aren't included, outside of this pack. I haven't touched about 90% of stuff that was in the game, not in the least because converting each building still takes considerable time (10-15 minutes each, which can amount to a lot when there are hundreds of those).

Well, I mostly converted stuff specifically for the inclusion in RI; there aren't really that many buildings I've converted that aren't included, outside of this pack. I haven't touched about 90% of stuff that was in the game, not in the least because converting each building still takes considerable time (10-15 minutes each, which can amount to a lot when there are hundreds of those).

1 a week would be nice :) I need to learn to rip this stuff myself if I can ever manage the time.

1 a week would be nice :) I need to learn to rip this stuff myself if I can ever manage the time.

It's not THAT hard. The greatest trick to converting gr2 files is to find the right program: http://gfa.3dn.ru/load/0-0-0-7-20. Nifskope imports obj files without a problem (you have to rotate them 90 degrees afterwards and add a texture).

There are great! Finally, a caravanserai! I just wanted to point out that your early modern Middle Eastern fort from EE2 Building Pack 5 - Forts Part 2 also makes a great alternate caravanserai if you remove the cannons, which is easy even for a nifskope noob like me. It reminds me a lot of an actual caravanserai I visited outside Kayseri. I used it as such in one of my mods. Thanks for all your hard work!

Was it very difficult to convert this Anno 1404 buildings? If not, I think it would also be interesting to use some european models from the game. I have no special request, but I am always looking for civil buildings that are in some way special. Maybe some ot the manufacturing buildings from Anno would be nice.

Was it very difficult to convert this Anno 1404 buildings? If not, I think it would also be interesting to use some european models from the game. I have no special request, but I am always looking for civil buildings that are in some way special. Maybe some ot the manufacturing buildings from Anno would be nice.

It was moderately difficult. They are in Gr2 format, for which standard converters exist, but the procedure is quite lengthy.

Concerning your Anno 1404 building pack: Do you think it will be possible for you to convert more houses and create a Middle East Cityset from it?

Concerning your Anno 1404 building pack: Do you think it will be possible for you to convert more houses and create a Middle East Cityset from it?

These buildings are much more detailed than anything that could be reasonably used as a cityset. A set made of those would likely put a big strain on Civ 4 engine performance. Same goes for textures used - each of them is roughly the size of the whole cityset texture from a normal Civ 4 set.

Okay, understood. it was only an idea, because the houses were very good looking. I did not work with citysets so much up to now, so I have not much experience about their normal size.

Top Bottom