Hellenistic Times Scenario

Should the Nile, Tigris and Eufrates be navigable? they were fairly wide rivers at that time and sometimes invasions were taken up/down them.

I think that in your map due to the scale it would be better to avoid making them navigable.

Btw i am 26. I am a bit surprised that you are 15. Although i remember being 15 perfectly well... :)

Why? what happened when you were 15?

What a pity, an invasion up the Nile would have been spectacular…

Can someone crop the mapm for me, because MapTweak doesn´t work on this bloody machine… Dad managed to uninstall ALL the drivers a few months ago and I had to spend 8 hours non-stop to make it (more or less) work again, so I´m stil, trying to get some programs to work… Well, I´m off to lunch.

varwnos said:
Btw i am 26. I am a bit surprised that you are 15. Although i remember being 15 perfectly well... :)
Why? Most people around here are teenagers. I started comming to this forum when I was 14 I think.

i meant that i was suprised due to the fact he was 15, not because he was here. I know that there are people in their early teens in these forums, but for me there is a clear generation gap, which caused the surprise :)

You are an ex -spammer, arent you? :p

varwnos said:
i meant that i was suprised due to the fact he was 15, not because he was here. I know that there are people in their early teens in these forums, but for me there is a clear generation gap, which caused the surprise :)

You are an ex -spammer, arent you? :p
It's not the age that matters, it's the brains;). Believe I've seen examples on this forum that proves it.

Indeed I am an ex-spammer:p

Instead of discussing my age (if you want, start a new thread called "The real age of Takhisis: truth or myth?), could anyone please answer my questions:
  1. Can anyone use MapTweak on my map, because, as I said earlier, it doesn´t work ion this bloody machine, etc, etc;
  2. Which cities should I put for the Greek Leagues? Athens, Sparta, Tebas, Corinth, Argos and Megalopolis are a sure thing, -btw which were their elite troops´ names, varwnos, please?- but should I add anyone else?

What does AFAIK mean (sorry for the stupid question)

You say that Tebas is spelt "Thebes" in English but, in case you missed a few posts, I must tell you that most names (except techs, game concepts, and city improvements) will be in Greek (translated by varwnos, unless Yorgos wants to join in)

I actually think having navigable rivers would be pretty cool, it would force you to fight for the river crossing cities. Who cares if its a little bit inaccurate for the map scale ;) It would make for great gameplay.

AFAIK means 'as far as I know.'

Hmmmm… that makes me be torn between each other, but, as varwnos said, I should have to re-do the whole effing map again :confused:
As I have said before, can anyone resize the bloody map, because I don´t want to do it, unless enough people wanted me to redo it so that navigable rivers could be added?

Yoda Power said:
It's not the age that matters, it's the brains;). Believe I've seen examples on this forum that proves it.

Indeed I am an ex-spammer:p

Hey Yoda. You would not be thinking of an old man you know...., would you ? ;)

@ Thakhisis : more on topic. Give me a link to the map, tell me what new limits you want and I will post it here the next day (if I am not away).

By resizing you mean changing the scale? If so it has to be done from the start again.
If you just mean changing the size of the map itself (ie making something that is aXb to be cXd) then you can use maptweak. But i trust you mean the first one, so it cannot be done.

As for your age, i was surprised because that part of my youth (15) has been very extensively thought of, by me, so i tend to be interested in that age. Adolescence is ussually an interesting period due to its clear boundaries, but also prospects that are formed for times to follow the end of adolescence.

As was failed to be seen my surprise had nothing to do with "brains". As someone said "People are envious of many things others have, but no one appears to be envious of another person's brain" (meaning that this lack of envy isnt based on any real importance of them in that aspect either, but merely out of a functioning urge to maintain any possibility of survival and mental balance).
Whereas this isnt true in all cases, it holds mostly true for some semi-illiterate rubble that lurks in specific internet threads :lol:

varwnos said:
By resizing you mean changing the scale? If so it has to be done from the start again.
If you just mean changing the size of the map itself (ie making something that is aXb to be cXd) then you can use maptweak. But i trust you mean the first one, so it cannot be done.
Well, I meant for someone to try and get off the extra space, so
LouLong said:
Give me a link to the map, tell me what new limits you want and I will post it here the next day (if I am not away).
The link is the attachment on the first post (edited)
As for your age, i was surprised because that part of my youth (15) has been very extensively thought of, by me, so i tend to be interested in that age. Adolescence is ussually an interesting period due to its clear boundaries, but also prospects that are formed for times to follow the end of adolescence.
As was failed to be seen my surprise had nothing to do with "brains". As someone said "People are envious of many things others have, but no one appears to be envious of another person's brain" (meaning that this lack of envy isnt based on any real importance of them in that aspect either, but merely out of a functioning urge to maintain any possibility of survival and mental balance).
Whereas this isnt true in all cases, it holds mostly true for some semi-illiterate rubble that lurks in specific internet threads :lol:
Could you explain that more closely? I don´t grasp the meaning of it. I have had enough trying to do Maths homework (polynomiums stink)

Here you are:

Attachments

• hel.PNG
    hel.PNG
    51.5 KB · Views: 112
Thanks to all! this is post number 100! [party] :beer:
Thanks for the cropped map, it´ll be easier now. btw Where do I download C3CQST v1.22?
What´s hel.png?

Top Bottom