Hello All RoM Players - Please Read

Mattygerst

Prince
Hello Everyone...

Recently I have created (and had created with the help of karadoc) an efficient, symptom-free mod with the goal of expanding on it to include the best aspects of ROM.

The mod currently has its base with K-Mod. There is NO BETTER mod than K-Mod in terms of efficiency, AI gameplay, and gamespeed.

I have included BAT graphics as well as Mastery Victory (while fixing all of the bugs) from here at ROM:AND.

My next step is to move forward with updating the tech tree, leaders, civs, units, corps, resources from ROM:AND to this new mod I have created.

If anyone would like to help with ideas, please do so. I will be posting my mod on the forums within the next couple days.

Right now my goal is this:
Take what I have (a bug-free version of KMod, Bat graphics, Mastery Victory, GEM map) and add a CONDENSED version that includes the BEST from ROM:AND for:

-Civs & Leaders
-Units
-Buildings
-Techs
-Wonders
-Resources
-Corporations

Does anyone else have any other thoughts? My idea is to get the best of ROM basics and move forward for now.

Thoughts, ideas, and discussion are welcome...

This is great news, and I second the Revolutions mod along with Barbarian world. There's more of course, but it would be helpful to see specifics as to what you intend to add first :)

Just to let you know The modmod for a a new dawn, Caveman2cosmos has 600 techs and 1800 buildings with lots of new features.

Unless Caveman2Cosmos is built off KMod, then there really is no point in building it off C2C. K-Mod is such a drastic difference in AI gameplay. It makes BBAI seem utterly useless. I suggest EVERYONE download the most recent version of KMod in order to see what I'm talking about.

Revolutions could, potentially be added, but there are so many bugs that would need to be fixed that it will take quite some time. I won't play a game that isn't, pretty much, bug-free. And that is what K-Mod is. A completely efficient, nearly bug-free game where the AI is so much better than even most Human players that its truly fun to play.

This sounds great. K-mod has completely changed the way I play (and forced me to come down a couple difficulty levels). It has the best AI of any game I've ever played

Are you using BUG? If so and you need some help converting any of AAranda or my RoM mods I can help. If you aren't using BUG then I probably would not want to play it anyway since BUG improves the UI so much.

Are you using BUG? If so and you need some help converting any of AAranda or my RoM mods I can help. If you aren't using BUG then I probably would not want to play it anyway since BUG improves the UI so much.
According to the K-Mod topic, it incorporates most BUG features.

@Mattygerst
I hope this comes to fruition. I love RoM and AND, but C2C just adds/changes too many things for my tastes. Are you planning on adding the new eras as well? Transhuman, etc.

Well, Revolutions or no, I would be happy with a K Mod experience and ROM content....i assume that you would include blue marble or some sort of terrain enhancer as well?

And I agree...C2C is so much of everything that I get overwhelmed...it would be nice to have a streamlined alternative that still offers a nice dose of content.

Matty,

This is Great news as I've been wanting to merge K-Mod and RoM1.03 for sometime. I briefly talked to karadoc about it around K-Mod version 1.18 or so.

I suppose you will be wanting to use RoM 2.92 as your basis? While 2.92 may have more Features, RoM 2.71, 2.8, and 2.91 are better versions. And RoM1.03 is pre WOC and any computer can play it even my old P4 with only 512Mb of ram.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/anewdawn/files/ This link will take you to Afforess' Sourceforge site and he has stored RoM versions 2.3, 2.4 and 2.71 there for anyone to d/l. I have these plus the 2.5 patch (takes 2.4 to 2.5) 2.62full, 2.8, 2.81 lite, 2.91, as well as 2.92. So if you need any of these let me know and I will figure out a way to get them to you.

JosEPh :)

Bit of a necro/hijack here... Sorry!

This is Great news as I've been wanting to merge K-Mod and RoM1.03 for sometime. I briefly talked to karadoc about it around K-Mod version 1.18 or so.

This sounded interesting so I'm giving it a shot with WinMerge. I'm about halfway done. So far it's quite straightforward. My goal is to have the stability of K-Mod with the features of RoM and AND. Kind of a K-Mod powered RoM:AND Lite. My target audience is the lower end PC's. Hence, I do not intend on venturing into the SDK at all if possible. I'll leave that possibility open for the future if I succeed at this stage.

Most of the critical differences for K-Mod appear to be Python based as well as relatively minor XML additions. I assume that a lot of K-Mod is SDK changes for the AI, culture calculations, and Global Warming changes. Also there's quite a bit of BUG files that shift straight over.

Most of the RoM 1.0.3 Extended differences are XML. A boatload of unit and building definitions, new art, etc.

I should have a working copy soon. I'll post it so all you fearless beta-testers can tear it apart. :) I will not guarantee stability. As soon as it looks pretty solid I'll try to add some AND functionality to it.

By the way, I'm calling it KROME (K-mod Rise Of Mankind Extended).

EDIT: Well, my first attempt at a merge was a flop! :) I made some rather severe XML errors. I believe I got all the Python correct though. I'll be troubleshooting the XML over the next few days to see what I can figure out.

EDIT2: Partial success! I still have XML errors and need to re-do some of the Python, but it loads and plays at this point.

I'm all for it. Thanks for bringing together two great concepts -- can't wait for the final product!

@jtanner28 and Mattygerst,

Waiting for a link to D/L from. :drool::cooool:

@ Mattygerst,

How's it coming along? Got any News for us?

Oh one thing I'd like to interject here, Mastery Victory isn't all that great imho.

@ Mattygerst,

How's it coming along? Got any News for us?

Oh one thing I'd like to interject here, Mastery Victory isn't all that great imho.

I disagree. It gives a chance to small (geographically speaking) civs to win the game. I use it every time I play now. :)

What is mastery victory, exactly? I have puzzled over it and still am not quite sure.

Mastery Victory disables every other victory; it's kind of a "Time Victory" (you need to reach the last turn) but score is calculated differently; you can find a description in Civilopedia under "A New Dawn Concepts" :)

Top Bottom