• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Help! Civ4 Vanilla Pitboss Version Mismatch - Steam

Groupal

Chieftain
I'm trying to get a PitBoss server running, but I'm having a hard time...

Basically I have a couple things going on that I can see.

Every time I run the Pit boss when it gets to the Select Init Type screen I get this message, "PITBOSS_PATCHAVAILABLE_DESC"

If I click YES It takes forever to download then I see a Click OK to install and restart. If I click OK, nothing happens. I left it overnight and still nothing happens.

If I click NO, I can continue on with the setup of the PitBoss server. Everything looks fine.

Then I try to connect with another PC in the house to the PitBoss Server and I get the Version Mismatch error when trying to connect. Now both of these PCs were installed with the same Steam version of the game.

Setup Details..

1) Steam Version of Civ4 Vanilla.
2) PitBoss Server is an Athaon 900mhz with 512RAM running Windows XP Pro, fully Patched Running DX 9.0c
3) Game Play machine I'm trying to connect to Pitboss is a Core2 Quad 2.4ghz with 4Gigs RAM running Vista Ultimate 64.

I'm out of ideas on what to do now. I've read a ton of messages, but I haven't seen anything out there that's really been direct to the point. There's lots of message saying "read this thread" and that thread is 20+ Pages long with a million different problems. I wasn't able to find this in there.

One place said update DirectX, but I'm on the right version.

Another I read said install Patch 3.13 for BTS, but I don't have BTS and I'm a little worried about doing that. Not to mention I don't think I can direct Patch from the Web patches because I'm using a Steam Install.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-G

Pretty sure vanilla pitboss is bugged... Check the thread about pitboss available that is sticky.

Is your civ install patched up to the latest version? Patch up the regular way, don't do it thru pitboss.

Just an FYI...

In order to make this work I ended up needing someone without the Steam version to run the patch manually on their machine and e-mail me updated pitboss.exe (version 1.7.4)

The downloads above are versions 1.6.1 and that wont work with the steam version.

-G

Top Bottom