Help going from Immortal to Deity

I see. Are there any specific civs that people find to be the best at winning on deity? for noobs like me? Also would you do that BO or still try to rush for NC after construction? And do people often beeline to fertilizer after civil service and NC?

I personally like civs with strong archers (China, England), trade/science bonuses (Babs, Maya, Netherlands), and early conquest boosters (Huns, Mongols). Incas are popular as well.

NC is very strong, the only reason to forego it imo is if you can get a lot of conquest done with fresh units around turns 70-110. Still worth getting ASAP afterwards, with puppets so it will take no time.

Fertilizer is strong for food, and is on the way to early artillery. If your goal is science, then labs are more valuable; otherwise, still a high priority.

I see. I guess my issue is decision making when it feels like the AI just out techs me in soldiers and has the gold and production to have so many more of them. and even though I try and go for science it feels like I can't catch up on tech.

Grind them down by killing their units with archers. This series is a good watch on that regard.

Great point, thanks.

So with 3 cities in mind, is Liberty even worth looking into? I've been loving the aqueducts and early culture from tradition so much that I've always been skeptical of Liberty.

It's very civ and start dependent. My rule of thumb is that if I like my lands and want to keep growing there, try tradition. Otherwise, go liberty. Or if I'm a civ that is incredible at playing wide early, like Maya/China/Egypt.

I feel tradition is too limiting, and the free GP is really what puts liberty over the top for me.

Top Bottom