help, im isolated

derelict420

Chieftain
The markers are just city sites i was contemplating and the squiggles are (I think) another landmass. I was just wondering what others think cause I'm not sure what to do with this small of an island. It also seems a little hammer shy to me

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 109
here's a less cluttered screenshot

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 114
Isolation means you dont need to build an early army means you dont need a lot of hammers. Just go crazy with cottages, make drafted rifles a priority and save the army buildup for when you meet someone.

I would say make stone/sheep/clam city your priority so you can get some of the great shiney wonders if possible (mids/great lighthouse/hanging gardens). Then cottage like mad indeed. Not a really bad island for isolated starts. Try to beeline optics early so you can get a caravel out into the world (and you can work the whales then for an extra :))

Sometimes you can break out pre-Optics if you're a little sneaky. Turn on Show Tile Yields (there's a button for it at the bottom right) and look for squares 2-diagonal from your coastline that DO have some yield. Any such squares that you might find indicate the presence of a new land mass within a knight's move away from that square. (They indicate that a theoretical city could get a yield from that square, and logically that theoretical city must be somewhere else, since no square on your island can reach it.) If you build a city nearby such a square, your culture can form a bridge to the new landmass!

Top Bottom