help w/ diplomacy

jmansbong

Chieftain
yea see when im conversing with my friendly neighbors, the americans i am unable to trade techs with them even though i know i have dozens more techs then them. i cant give them squat. but i can give some other civs techs but others i can not. im just curious why and if any one can tell me why. or is this sum sort of bug?

Ok, first, are you in the same era as they are? If you are in one era, say, middle ages, and they are in the ancient era, you'll only be able to trade them ancient age techs. Once they get to the next era, you'll be able to trade them the other techs you have.

Next- Do the techs you are trying to trade them have prequisites that they don't have yet? This might be a stupid question, but hey, it happens.

Finally- are you absolutely positive that you have dozens more techs than them? If you have dozens more, as you say, it seems likely that they are an era behind you, and I refer you to my first answer.

Prior to establishment of trade networks, techs are the only thing you can trade, along w/ maps. Resources cannot be traded until both you and your potential trade partner have a trade network established: via roadway (capitals must be connected) or waterway (harbors, which are connected to both capitals).

yea im in the modern ages and i believe they are in the middle or industrial time due to the fact they are on a isolated small island and there units and improvments are outdated. second the tech option doesnt even show up in the diplomacy menu like there is no way to pick it even if i was in the same era. theres just no "technology" button to click and bring down the resulting list.and i am posotive i have more techs then them

Top Bottom