• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Help Wanted Ads

I DID write a tutorial that explains how to use the schema to determine proper formatting of a tag. Can't remember where that is now though.

I DID write a tutorial that explains how to use the schema to determine proper formatting of a tag. Can't remember where that is now though.

It is in the modmods section.

C2C - Basic Modding School - XML is easy!

It was something like that the lecturers showed us at Teacher's College to demonstrate dyslexia but I read it with no problems whereas most of the others in the class could not get past the first line.:lol: So there I was with a degree from a University in pure mathematics and now a Teaching Diploma and I just found out I was (mildly?) dyslexic. Since 85% of the graduate teachers that year were Maths/Science teachers I could not get a job teaching. I became a computer programmer, as they were then called. That was the one and only year ever that there was a glut of Maths/Science teachers.:crazyeye:

Would it be possible to get the Game Option tags (GameOption, NotOnGameOption and OnGameOption, PrereqGameOption) added to the Spawn Infos file?

That way we could have a game option for GEM and have only one spawn file rather than have the player copy in the one they want.

Then I have Game Option options:-
GEM default off and hidden for now
Ecological Animals - default on and hidden for now​

I have figured out a way to have the Basic or Ecological animals based on an option rather than requiring the MLF stuff. It is a bit of extra work for me but it will be better in the long run because there will be only one set of files.

Would it be possible to get the Game Option tags (GameOption, NotOnGameOption and OnGameOption, PrereqGameOption) added to the Spawn Infos file?

That way we could have a game option for GEM and have only one spawn file rather than have the player copy in the one they want.

I have figured out a way to have the Basic or Ecological animals based on an option rather than requiring the MLF stuff. It is a bit of extra work for me but it will be better in the long run because there will be only one set of files.

They're all just duplicates of each other right? You can use the replacement mechanism already on these. (I checked to make sure it was valid in the coding for spawn infos now and it is.) It also may already be possible to use the same inclusion statement used for replacement to determine an entry to only be valid if working with a particular option.

If you need an example of how to setup a replacement entry, take a look at StrategyOnly's handicapinfos.xml for the difference between a normal handicapinfo entry and one of his setup for Nightmare Mode. Or ls612's alternative trait set. I can get more specific if you need me to as well.

I don't need any replacement stuff just the game option tags will do as it is not about replacement. Whole swags need to be turned off completely sometimes. The turning off is what makes the game lighter on memory.

The GameOption and NotOnGameOption tags are the only ones I need. They are on all the other files just not the spawn infos one.

I was thinking you could use replacement programming to make that work as well but on reviewing the procedure, you're right. I'll try to get an OnGameOption and NotOnGameOption tag setup for those.

You could use the SpawnCondition tag in SpawnInfos.

Examples:
Code:
<SpawnCondition>
    <Has>
        <GOMType>GOM_OPTION</GOMType>
        <ID>GAMEOPTION</ID>
    </Has>
</SpawnCondition>

Code:
<SpawnCondition>
    <Not>
        <Has>
            <GOMType>GOM_OPTION</GOMType>
            <ID>GAMEOPTION</ID>
        </Has>
    </Not>
</SpawnCondition>

Ah... yes. Thanks Sparth! I had a feeling there was SOMETHING already setup that could be used... I was just incorrect as to what it specifically was.

@TB:

Turn 59: My first wanderer got to level 2 and I could choose "Elite Might I" promotion which took the unit from 0.66 to 2.00 (I expected 2.66 though; group size relative I guess) strength.

This promotion should have a tech requirement or a stricter restriction of availability.

Played as Red Cloud { Nomadic [ Free: Woodsman I, Flanking I ]; Humanitarian [ Free: First Aid (people) ] }
Rev. 8146

Edit: Post was intended for the bug thread; my bad.

It is relative to the total size/volume/quality offset.

Not a bug but a major manipulating feature I've added to size matters. Keep playtesting it a bit. It goes much deeper than this.

There are other ways to control this factor as well and I'll probably end up making some adjustments before long.

All well and good, guess I got sidetracked a bit too much in my last post; my point seems to have been lost.

This promo critically change early game-play as one instead of relying on str. 0.66 units for 500 turns, one gets str.2 units more or less from the beginning; this removes even the danger posed by str. 5 animals.

Also the difference between scouts and wanderers at lvl. 2-X is now minuscule as they both have str. 2 with the promo. (Scout does not get the elite version of the promo)

Top Bottom