help with crash

shiryuu

Chieftain
I have currently bts installed on XP, and updated to 3.19. I install the 4.1 + patch and all others like media pack etc, but when i try to run a game it crashes after finalizing. Ive tried without patch media pack and still the same problem. When i try to run regular bts game, it has no problems. Am i missing something? or something i can try to fix this problem? thanks to any suggestions.

Binkw32.dll is used by Civ4 to display movies. As a workaround you can try disabling movies: from the main menu click ADVANCED, then OPTIONS, in the Options window that opens select the Graphics tab, then place an x in the box for "No Movies". If that solves the problem, and you are satisfied, then you can ignore the rest of this post.

You said that you tried without the media pack and the problem still exists, but since the crash appears to be movie-related this doesn't make much sense (I don't think FfH2 w/o the media pack has any movies). Unless you specifically deleted the FfH2 folder before reinstalling FfH2 the media pack would still be there. To be sure that the media pack is gone you will want to delete the "Fall from Heaven 2" folder from your "[path]\Beyond the Sword\Mods" folder, then reinstall FfH2 and the latest patch.

If you want to be able to use the Media Pack and view the movies then the problem with binkw32.dll will need to be corrected. You said that BtS doesn't have problems; just to be sure, do you mean that you can view movies in BtS without crashes (try completing a wonder with movies enabled to test this)?

Top Bottom