Help with resolution on a dual monitor setup?

miaasma

King
i'm not sure if this is an incredibly common problem with this game (or older games in general), but i recently set up two monitors and have been trying to play this game with zero success. because civ 3 (and other older games, like starcraft) seem to zoom my monitor's display in, part of the game screen ends up on one monitor and the rest ends up on the other. it's actually kind of hard for me to explain what happens because i'm bad with computers, but i figured somebody must have a solution for this in order for this game to be playable on anything other than a single monitor setup. any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

I play with dual monitors and my issue is that I cannot seamlessly move from one to the other. I have to alt tab to leave the game and mouse over to the other monitor. All my full screen games behave this way. If I have Remnants of the Precursor on my main screen, I can flow from one screen to the other, any of my non full screen games are fine.

I do not have civ extend to the second monitor or any of the full screen games. The monitors are not 4k. I run c3c with KeepRes=0 and Video Mode=1680. Monitors are at 1920x1080.

i currently cannot even get the entire game on one screen, random parts of it will appear on either screen and some of it won't even show at all. i've googled this problem with older games but none of the solutions i've found have worked

i tried the settings you recommended and, while it did cause the game to remain on one monitor instead of scattered across both, the window was still very small and didn't show the entire game

Out of expertise for sure. I would post your specs. OS (operating system), video card and the desktop settings. Just right click and select display setting or go to your video card package tool Nvida has one. You can also go to control panel to get it. May be something in there will jump out at someone. I do not have a 2k or 4k monitor, though one is curved and they are not the same size.

I have not gone to Win 11 as I am afraid it will break some more of my old games as win 10 ultimately did.

i'm on windows 11 and my video card is an nvidia rtx 3060, if that helps

i'll try tinkering around more with video settings. i really appreciate the help!

Top Bottom