Heroes of the Aegean - My one issue

Stalker0

Baller Magnus
So far I'm really enjoying the new DLC. Playing as Leonidas and Alexander (in full fury) is a lot of fun!

My only complaint so far, even on Alexander difficulty I'm finding things just too easy. Just finished scenario 5 and I'm just blitzing the game, never once really thinking I could lose. Contrast that to the Hannibal section of the Carthage scenarios which were actually really tough, and I really sweated through how to win.

So I wouldn't mind the difficulty being taken up a notch!

So far I'm really enjoying the new DLC. Playing as Leonidas and Alexander (in full fury) is a lot of fun!

My only complaint so far, even on Alexander difficulty I'm finding things just too easy. Just finished scenario 5 and I'm just blitzing the game, never once really thinking I could lose. Contrast that to the Hannibal section of the Carthage scenarios which were actually really tough, and I really sweated through how to win.

So I wouldn't mind the difficulty being taken up a notch!
Be careful what you wish for, we are watching.

Good to hear you're enjoying the scenarios! I'll definitely keep this in mind - difficulty adjustment is a work in progress! Scenario 5 is too easy for sure, the highest difficulty should offer more of a challenge there. I have some ideas on that front.

I probably overreacted on a subconscious level to feedback for the Carthage scenarios. People liked the Carthage campaign but generally found the final parts too difficult and wanted an easier option, so in the end the Greek campaign probably ended up a bit too easy. I'm sure some updates will make it a more satisfying balance. Then again, Alexander was so ridiculously powerful that everybody watching him probably thought he's having too little difficulty :D

Good to hear you're enjoying the scenarios! I'll definitely keep this in mind - difficulty adjustment is a work in progress! Scenario 5 is too easy for sure, the highest difficulty should offer more of a challenge there. I have some ideas on that front.

I probably overreacted on a subconscious level to feedback for the Carthage scenarios. People liked the Carthage campaign but generally found the final parts too difficult and wanted an easier option, so in the end the Greek campaign probably ended up a bit too easy. I'm sure some updates will make it a more satisfying balance. Then again, Alexander was so ridiculously powerful that everybody watching him probably thought he's having too little difficulty :D

Sorry! I was one of the Carthage whiners :) I never played the final two scenarios on that one. After the ships obliterate my entire navy in the beginning of scenario 3 there was no recovering for me no matter how much i tried

Making the Easy level for Carthage 3 & 4 actually easy is pretty high up on my list for post-release stuff to do, hopefully satisfying everyone.

Carthage 4 is not that hard to win, but I wanted all ambitions. I got discouraged when I tried to conquer 3 Italian cities and Roman troops just destroyed mine in Northern Italy. I guess it was time to try something else, maybe switch to boats.

btw the Philipp scenario is not so easy if you conquer & colonize all of the Thracian sites then the Athenian alliance will have a good army by then. It depends which route you take I guess. Or it just becomes a "late-game" fight maybe, which I'm not accustomed to.

Getting all 12 goals in Carthage4 is very hard, and that will remain quite hard even on the easy difficulty. That was never intended to be something for most players, a 12/12 Carthage4 is a hardcore accomplishment for the most skilled OW players.

Flexing one's mad 4X skills has to be earned. Solver isn't know to hand out bragging rights for cheap. :nono:

A few notes on Scenario 6. I'm playing the "hardest" faction, and yeah its a cakewalk. I would say the biggest thing to change perhaps is giving the AIs Phalangite's as well (or at least maceman). I have strength 8 units to start the game against mostly archers....I'm invincible.

It will take a few iterations to shake that balancing out - the scenario can also be played in multiplayer, and then Macedonia is going to be crushed without a strong starting army. The scenario will definitely need some brainpower applied.

It will take a few iterations to shake that balancing out - the scenario can also be played in multiplayer, and then Macedonia is going to be crushed without a strong starting army. The scenario will definitely need some brainpower applied.

Another option might be a larger naval Prescence for the opponents. I was able to take Alexandria in a blink of an eye by just sending my forces across the water. I had assumed at first I would get hit by a big naval prescence, and was pretty surprised to see crickets.

Top Bottom