Hi-Res (ONLY) units Collection

here is a selection of my high-res :p
the middle row are taken from screenshots of the battlefield 1918 mod for battlefield 1942, they suffer from gamma related problems,
most of the bottom row i had to dig around for in order to fill up the file, ;)
and yes, those are Q-tips those stuffed kitties are holding, :lol:

Attachments

• HRB.GIF
    HRB.GIF
    22 KB · Views: 201
I wish someone would kill off the term, 'hi-res'. Resolution has absolutely nothing to do with what these units share in common. How about photo-reductions or downsized graphics? It would be more apt to refer to ToT units as 'hi-res' since they're 64x64 pixels and use 15-bit colour.

Morten Blaabjerg said:
Not sure if these fit the definition of Hi-res units... as a lot of original artwork went into this. It has definitely not been as easy as rescaling and fiddling just a little bit... But a lot is based on other image sources and models, and the work of others, from converting 'blobs' into something that makes sense, to ripping an african shield where needed ;)
…and that's why Morten's work is easily the best in the thread.

kobayashi said:
so what about the original axis and allies unit set? :lol:

Here are the units files for the first versions of Bk1941 and Bk1936. Better late than never :D Now I only use Fairline units for scens though...

Attachments

• 2eivind-bk1941units.gif
    2eivind-bk1941units.gif
    71.1 KB · Views: 163
Blitzkrieg 1936...

Btw, these wasn't just resizes either. Some work was actually made.

Attachments

• 3eivind-bk1936.gif
    3eivind-bk1936.gif
    74.7 KB · Views: 182
some game units, ripped, resized and cleaned up from screenshots, about 20 min. worth of work per unit,

Attachments

• 6rips.PNG
    6rips.PNG
    27.4 KB · Views: 132
Top Bottom