• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Hidden Nationality Army

If you were at war with that civ you could attack, no prob.

If you were at war with that civ you could attack, no prob.

Yes, that's right.

What I did just now:
1) I am not at war.
2) I tried to atttack a city with the Army loaded with Hidden Nationality Unit and the game doesn't even give a message telling me that I would be declaring war, it just doesn't let me go to that tile/city.
3) I go to the diplomacy window and declared war on that civ, then the Army loaded with Hidden Nationality Unit has no problem attacking that city and has no problem occupying that city.

The AI doesn't have that problem. The AI can attack a city with the Army loaded with Hidden Nationality Unit and not declare war.

Yes, the same happens in Plot's Rood and Dragon, I can't use my Wanderers to attack although the AI can swarm my place and I never know where they come from. I got those filthy Welsh and their sheep eventually.

Something else I just noticed, my Privateer (naval unit with hidden nationality) is set up for defensive bombard, the bombard flag is not checked.

The unit works as set up for the human player, if I have two or more units in a stack, the privateer will fire a shot first when the stack is attacked. I can not bombard another unit or a city with the privateer. All is as configured.

On the other hand the AI uses these units and they are going around bombarding: they actually move in, bombard, then move away, one after the other.

One more set of crossed wires with hidden nationality.

Top Bottom