hiding resource

cripp7

Playin' Bored
Something I'm trying to do is changing the resources to show once the tech is research i.e.Bronze Working shows copper, but what I'm wanting to do is when you research agriculture it will show corn, wheat, rice etc. so basically I'm wanting to hide all the resources until the tech is researched. I searched all of the XML files but could not find it

how do I do that?

Edit the CIV4BonusInfos.xml.
Look for TechReveal. Change it for the boni you’re interested in.

a) don't trust the Windows search function. I don't even know why it exists it's worthless. b) the file is definitely there, your game would not work without it. Its location is Assets/XML/Terrain. c) if you cannot find it under that path, you are either in a mod directory or the directory for BtS/Warlords (not sure if they have it), but at the very least you can find it under this path in the vanilla Civ4 directory. d) whatever you do, do not edit that file in its original location but copy it to the same path within your mod and then make changes.

Some of the XML resources that have not been changed by Beyond The Sword or Warlords are under Civilization 4 assets/XML.
You can copy it into your mod folder under assets/XML/terrain and the game will read your file, it should work fine (I've done it in my mod).

that's what I wound up doing and it worked.. So now I'm just going through all the resources to change them. I've been building a mod may stop the RevolutionDCM mod which I really like. Even though I was working on Mad's World it was just getting too far out there. But it is worth checking out if you like.

Top Bottom