1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Historical Spawn Dates

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Mod Components' started by Gedemon, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Barak

Barak Emperor

I am in the process of my first game using HSD, and i must say it seems to be working great! My one question is how the system handles Civs with early spawn dates settling cities where later civs capitals would be (on TSL maps).

For example if England is expected to spawn, but the Celts have already built a city where London is supposed to be on the Y(n)AEMP map?

2. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

ATM nothing is done about that, England will have to settle somewhere else.

3. PrimoXanthous

PrimoXanthous ~ knightmare13 ~

One Word! Very Excellent Mod :goodjob: Im a modder my self, but i would say "this is the best mod in this site database obcourse, second would be my Mod(with bias :D), third would be your Cultural Diffusion which i really love too." :goodjob:

I currently playing as Rome, One thing I notice is, Greece tends to settle Corinth on the south part of the Appenine Peninsula, And i read in some post in the first page , the one who play as vikings, he said that when he come to game, Rome is already wipeout by greece, I think this is what triggers greece to early conquer Rome. Maybe you should add some bonus resources on the northern or northeastern part of Greece start position, so that greece would not tend to settle to Appenine peninsula and early conquer Rome. And lastly Rome don't have nearby Iron resource on true Resource deposit. maybe you could add just 2 or 3 would be cool. thanks

P.S.
    man, if possible, could you please add a chart of all Civilization and their Spawn dates+turn number they spawn??? that would really be helpful, thanks!! =)

4. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

In all my test games Greece did not conquer Rome early, which is good, it means the mod still have a replay value even on True Sarting Locations with True Starting Dates :D

Now on my maps the resources are semi-random, so it can't be "fixed" that way. (And I don't wan't to "fix" the randomness of the alternative history, but you can use HSD with any map you want)

BTW on YnAEMP Rome should always have iron placed in the city range (3 tiles) when using the "Add specific resources at starting positions" option.

Dates are in the SQL file (see first post) :)

Turns are not relevant as they change with game speed.

5. RidetheSpiral23

RidetheSpiral23 C2C Map Team

Just wanted to drop in and say a few things.

First off, love this mod. I love the historical accuracy mixed with the true meaning of the Civ series which is re-writing history.

Secondly, I was considering moving from civ 4 modding to civ 5. I am probably very mid ranged in modding ability and would need to learn civ 5 modding as well. Anyway, I actually almost started making a mod just like this until I found yours.

Now, some thoughts. Have you considered changing some of the civ names to encompass more civs throughout history? Like the Italians being roman then Italians and having different UU, UB, and UA for both. Also something else I was considering was reworking the wonder system. I bring it up because early in this thread there was talk of different pyramids for example. I was thinking building upgrade chains to create wonders. So I'll use the Parthenon as an example. Upgrade chain could be, shrine, temple, Temple of the Gods and then the Parthenon. Basically making only having ONE final building that can only be built by one person per building type. Does that make any sense?

6. PrimoXanthous

PrimoXanthous ~ knightmare13 ~

thanks man!, another question about your other Mod the "Another History", in the Download Page, you didn't explain anything what that mod add in the game, and i Don't see any discussion about that mod, what is that mod all about?? i wanna know first before trying, =)

7. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

See the thread here.

I'll move it to the modpack section when next version will be ready.

Yes for the name, but changing UA in the middle of a game may be difficult.

That could be done, I think there is an old mod about unit upgrade somewhere (not linked to wonders, but the mechanism should be roughly the same)

8. lp_04

lp_04 Prince

Sorry to bring this thread on after 2 months but i've been playing again with this brilliant mod and there is only one thing that bothers me: the ancient civilizations get so strong that it is impossible to get a good game with medieval or later civs, and playing with ancient civs is too easy. The new spawnings are too weak. To counterbalance this and still playing with the civs with their official content (without AnotherHistory...) I would like to know if it's possible, using revolutions, to make existing civs loose cities with low culture rates nearby to new civs, or simply the rebels become part of other civs. Beside this, it would be great if the cultural influence of the spawning civs is stronger in their first turns. Like greece has a stronger culture in 10 turns after spawning, france 20 turns, mongolia 50 turns, ... It will, I think, balance more the spawning civs.

Thanks for all these mods again, they make civV the full experience of history.

9. Poussin

Poussin Chieftain

Hi everybody !

I search a mod like "historical spawn date" but with inverse effect : some Civ can't progress techs until the era where they disapear in real (classic for egyptian pharaoh or greece, medieval for Roman for example).

I want to play with "historical spawn date" and the mod i describe on the same campaign, I'll really loved it !

Someone know about a mod like this, or someone can explain me how can i do it by myself ? I'm really dumb on modding/programing, and "modiki" is just too hard for me...

Ps : sorry for my bad english...

10. BernardoAZ

BernardoAZ Chieftain

I havew downloaded V.6 and took a look at the file HistoricalSpawnDares.SQL

I noticed a few possible bugs:

1. There is no row for 'CIVILIZATION_EGYPT' Why is that?

2. Three of the CIty-States are:
    'MINOR_CAPE_TOWN'
    MINOR_SIDON'
    'MINOR_TYRE'

SHould they be like this?:
    'MINOR_CIV_CAPE_TOWN'
    MINOR_CIV_SIDON'
    'MINOR_CIV_TYRE'

11. hendriksen

hendriksen Chieftain

Been playing this for a while now on Civ 5 Vanilla, very nice mod!

Is there any chance this still gets developed to the level of the original RFC on Civ 4? Or is it pretty much dead now?

If yes, looking forward to it! RFC was the only thing that kept me playing civ 4 untill 2012!

12. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Good question...

13. lolcat

lolcat Chieftain

in BnW, I was playing maya and the aztecs spawned on my border.
    There are no other civs on the entire continent, but they had their capitol, right on my border.
    (I also only had 1 city at the time)

14. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

1/ No need to declare civilization that spawn at first turn, now if you use a mod adding a prehistorical era, you may want to add every civs in the table.

2/ That's the way Firaxis initially named them, I think they have fixed it some patches ago, so it may be a bug now, I'll have to check that.

This is a simple mod component, I do not plan to add much more to it, but it can be used as a base for a bigger total conversion.

And I work on one of those, yes.

Random map ?

I would advise to use it on TSL maps.

15. Danmacsch

Danmacsch Geheimekabinetsminister

I've been using the mod the last week or so, and it's great. On your giant earth map with TSL and 43 civs.
    A couple days ago I tried your 60 civs dll with a bunch of custom civs (with added TSL of course). I've added all the custom civs to the HistoricalSpawnDates.sql, but now it doesn't work. The log says something like

[28201.392] HSD_Main: Who need to sleep ?
    [28201.392] HSD_Main: LoadData() used 0 sec to retrieve CivHibernating from plot 0,0 (#entries = 63)

.. and the list all of the civs chosen. Is there some way to test whether I've made a typo in the HistoricalSpawnDates.sql?

16. Krajzen

Krajzen Deity

One question to the creator of this awesome mod... I am curious: what happens when I choose two civs which have almost exactly the same start locations on TSL map? For example, custom Sumer and Babylon? One of them appears in this place, settles city, but what happens with the second civ?
    Does it:
    a) Make the entire game crash :D
    b) Not appear
    c) Units of that civ appear randomly thrown around first civ's borders and AI is clueless and never founds its capital...
    d) Somehow everything works?

;)

17. Danmacsch

Danmacsch Geheimekabinetsminister

In my experience it's c)
    Usually I just change the starting location for the custom civ by a hex or two.

Sendt fra min Nexus 5 med Tapatalk

18. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

you can have a look at the database.log for errors, and/or post both logs zipped here (or on mediafire for example if you can't attach files to your posts yet)

c) and the AI will eventually settle somewhere else, but it can take a few turns (not always penalizing as the starting bonuses are calculated at the turn of the creation of the first city, not the turn of the Civilization spawning...)

19. Hypereon

Hypereon He was a Consul of Rome!

I had just an idea for this "capital overlap" problem that would make this mod another bit more like Rhye's.

To simulate historical revolutions/civilization changes would it be possible to make spawning civilizations to have a special settler that would have the ability of Missionary to pass closed borders and an unique ability that could capture any city instantly? But I don't know how it would be implemented in the game. Could it be possible to "purchase" the city like the Merchant of Venice does? Or should it have an ability that would give +1000% or something like that combat strength against cities so it could capture a city instantly by force?

Let's imagine a situation where Rome occupies the whole central Europe, like it did in the classical age. In the year when France/the Franks will be spawned, a French rebel settler (or something like that) spawns in the Roman territory in France, and marches to capture the nearest Roman settlement in the area. Outside it would look like the French people of Rome rebel, and secede the empire as their own nation. If the unit purchases the city, a message would appear, for example "The French people rise to overthrow their Roman lords to estabilish their own civilization, France. Diplomacy with them is now possible."

If possible, some other mechanisms could also be implemented. To make it less irritating for the human player, it could send a warning first, like: "The French people within your borders call for their own nation. If the happiness drops below zero, a revolution will be likely to appear.

20. KingRaam

KingRaam Chieftain

Just decided to pick this mod back up and try it out again after a long hiatus, but discovered I'm running into an error where the first civ to spawn receives all techs. I tried to track down a solution on my own and found this comment on the Steam page for the mod:

blueashgarden Sep 13, 2013 @ 3:20pm I love this idea for a mod, but I seem to continue to encounter a problem. It seems that the first civ that spawns receives every tech in the game.

Was there ever a solution found for this bug? Like blueashgarden described, when I start a game with Egypt (or any civ of my choice as long as they are the first civ to spawn, i.e. Greece or India, when they are the earliest chosen civs) there's no error. But otherwise, the error occurs consistently. I've attached my lua.log in case that helps.
    Thanks in advance for your assistance--hope this mod becomes playable for me again soon as it's my favorite way to play!

Attached Files: