Historical Spawn Dates

I'll try to add it in next version.

I think this mod should also force the major civ units and cities to flip over to the new civ if they're in a certain proximity to the spawning area of the new civ. Capital cities should be immune to this though.

The way things work right now, the later civs are totally overpowered by early civs. It should be the opposite like it's in Rhye's and Fall of Civilisations for CIV4.

In my current game with HSD the English got wiped out by the Celts and the Turkish by the Babilonians in the matter of few turns and I play on the biggest possible earth.

I think this mod should also force the major civ units and cities to flip over to the new civ if they're in a certain proximity to the spawning area of the new civ. Capital cities should be immune to this though.

The way things work right now, the later civs are totally overpowered by early civs. It should be the opposite like it's in Rhye's and Fall of Civilisations for CIV4.

In my current game with HSD the English got wiped out by the Celts and the Turkish by the Babilonians in the matter of few turns and I play on the biggest possible earth.

Whenever GED gets around to releasing the new version with automatic capital placement, things will be different. One of the main reasons ancient/classical civs are so powerful is because of their city placement (ie, Celts getting really close to London). With the capital automatically being placed where it should, spacing should improve. There are a lot more changes I have done to mine that balance it out that I will outline whenever the new version is released.

FYI, new version is on steam workshop, with Revolutions and Cultural Diffusion, I'll update here tomorrow (need to sleep right now)

- Bugfix: barbarian conversion range was bigger than expected.
- Feature: spawn a City for the AI if the starting Position is not overlapping with another Civilization. This should fix the issue when the AI decide to move it's initial settler.
- Feature: add a 'NoFreeTech' tag to the HSD table, which prevent some Civilizations to get the global free techs on spawn (used to prevent the "new world" to be more advanced in research than the "old world")
- Balance: don't let CS units to wander around after the CS have been converted by a spawning Civilization.

Nice work, its good on an earth map, are you planning on doing a historical wonders mod ?

Not in the way it has been done.

I may work on a component to the "Another History" mod to make different wonders of the same class. For example, a Pyramid Wonder class, with a version for American civilizations, one for Middle East civilizations, etc... All having the same effect, but a specific ethnic style and when one is build the others can't.

Will there be an update for BNW available here to download ? Thx for great mods Gedemon

Oups ! Forgot that one...

Updated on CFC Database

See a few posts above for the change log.

Great, thx a lot. Now I only wish that there will be a City Name Manager like in RFC available. But I know that this is a lot of work to be done.

Reposting a PM here (with authorization, of course), as the answer may interest those who want to edit the mod:

Hey, I was wondering if it was at all possible to either increase the amount of unit types available in HistoricalSpawnDates.sql or add a numerical value to each unit (ie, 5 musketman).

Also, whats the best program to open that file up in, it seems a little jumbled together in notepad ha.
I use Notepad++ when editing files outside of modbuddy.

To increase the number of unit types, first change the value of MAX_NUM_STARTING_UNITS in HSD_Defines.lua

Then edit the table definition in HistoricalSpawnDates.sql, change

Spoiler :
Code:
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS Civilization_HistoricalSpawnDates
	 (	ID INTEGER PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT,
		Type TEXT NOT NULL UNIQUE,
		StartYear INTEGER DEFAULT -10000,
		UnitType1 TEXT DEFAULT NULL,
		UnitType2 TEXT DEFAULT NULL,
		UnitType3 TEXT DEFAULT NULL,
		UnitType4 TEXT DEFAULT NULL,
		UnitType5 TEXT DEFAULT NULL,
		UnitType6 TEXT DEFAULT NULL,
		NoFreeTech BOOLEAN DEFAULT 0);

to this for an example with 8 unit types

Spoiler :
Code:
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS Civilization_HistoricalSpawnDates
	 (	ID INTEGER PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT,
		Type TEXT NOT NULL UNIQUE,
		StartYear INTEGER DEFAULT -10000,
		UnitType1 TEXT DEFAULT NULL,
		UnitType2 TEXT DEFAULT NULL,
		UnitType3 TEXT DEFAULT NULL,
		UnitType4 TEXT DEFAULT NULL,
		UnitType5 TEXT DEFAULT NULL,
		UnitType6 TEXT DEFAULT NULL,
		UnitType7 TEXT DEFAULT NULL,
		UnitType8 TEXT DEFAULT NULL,
		NoFreeTech BOOLEAN DEFAULT 0);

Now the hard part if you're not used to SQL:

either edit the big "INSERT OR REPLACE INTO" / "UNION ALL", you must add the new columns at the line

Code:
(	Type,				StartYear,	NoFreeTech,	UnitType1,				UnitType2,				UnitType3,				UnitType4,				UnitType5,				UnitType6	)

AND all the lines below (with an unit type or the value "NULL")

or simply add some "UPDATE" lines at the very end of the file if you want to add more units only for a few civ.

Update example:
Code:
UPDATE Civilization_HistoricalSpawnDates SET UnitType7 = 'UNIT_MODERN_ARMOR' WHERE Type = 'CIVILIZATION_JAPAN'; -- Sengoku jieitai was an historic movie, right ?

In my current game with Germany, it seems as though I am not getting any "free" techs at the beginning like usual. I actually have to research all of em (granted, they are still only one turn each). Did you update this or is it a bug?

Also, is culture gain too high for new civs? I spawned with the ability to complete all social branches that were available to me (and probably all the ones that weren't). Is this just a CiV downfall, or more so a bug for this? I kinda like having some difference between civs before we get to idealogies ha.

Disregard last comment, figured it out. However, after trying to add more units..it seems the HSD has stopped working (all civs spawn at the beginning). Here's the file (don't mind the no city states, I was just trying to see if thats what was causing it):

Attachments

• HistoricalSpawnDates.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 130
In my current game with Germany, it seems as though I am not getting any "free" techs at the beginning like usual. I actually have to research all of em (granted, they are still only one turn each). Did you update this or is it a bug?

Also, is culture gain too high for new civs? I spawned with the ability to complete all social branches that were available to me (and probably all the ones that weren't). Is this just a CiV downfall, or more so a bug for this? I kinda like having some difference between civs before we get to idealogies ha.
did you use an advanced start with Germany ?

and yes, culture gain is too high, it will be lowered in next version.

Disregard last comment, figured it out. However, after trying to add more units..it seems the HSD has stopped working (all civs spawn at the beginning). Here's the file (don't mind the no city states, I was just trying to see if thats what was causing it):

What's in the lua.log ?

On a general note, I'd like to see the complete lua.log every time something strange happens in the 2-3 first turns after spawning, that would greatly help debugging and balancing.

So for all users, please activate logging for your future games (see here for the "how to")

Here you go, and can I get a quick hotfix on the culture (unless its a little more complicated then that)/

Attachments

• Lua.zip
    10.7 KB · Views: 107
the code seems to work, so the error must be in the modified SQL.

check the database log and/or use sqlite manager to check the syntax of your code in the file.

Top Bottom