• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

HNDY15 - AWD...again. As the Iroquois

Byz has two cities, but I am pretty sure they are both south of us.

I don't see any problems with wiping them out after the army heals up.

Beware of Nasty Mayan Landings. I have seen 8 units land at once and guarded by Muskets. Most probably won't be that bad, but don't reduce us to a defender in each city. You could easily lose a city if you try that.

great job guys, let's get the whole continent for ourselves. what is the tech situation like?
are we able to use scientists already in our fringe towns?

Looking really good. So far the schedule is holding but I guess we won't be enjoying a frictionless respite from battle, though, given the Mayan habit of lanidng more than a couple of troops.

I was thinking of the GLib grab trick and I don't think a GLib grab will help us much in this game. We could grab it when we get ready to assault Maya, but that only works though if there is another AI with comparable tech, which I don't think will be true. We haven't even seen Portugal, they can't be strong, and the other civs will be destroyed for the most part. We have been pounding them enough they are probably well behind Maya even if we left them alive.

We well may be fighting knights vs rifles and Cavalry vs infantry and tanks. I think we need to keep our research up.

Culture is another major risk. Maya were up to 15 out of the 80 K for the win. We need a pillaging army. I didn't build Galleys, maybe the next player can.

Greebley said:
Byz has two cities, but I am pretty sure they are both south of us.

I don't see any problems with wiping them out after the army heals up.

Beware of Nasty Mayan Landings. I have seen 8 units land at once and guarded by Muskets. Most probably won't be that bad, but don't reduce us to a defender in each city. You could easily lose a city if you try that.

They dropped a 6-pack on me and an 8-pack on Greebley. We should empty a town to try and bait them to land at the same spot each time. They should be easier to deal with this way. If they keep landing in different spots it will be very hard to defend against them. Make sure you keep units just outside the town and try to get them to land on a tile with no defense bonus like we did here.

An addendum to this is to let them choose the city the first time (perhaps emptying a city to tempt them, but don't rely on them coming there). In other works keep whatever city they land next to empty. I think that is more reliable than trying to get to a city you choose. Note that if you don't like they city they chose, you can move in troops to that city and see where they go.

Making them go to a city of the players choice works but requires higher defense in all reachable cities. If they favor a city and it is empty, you can get away with fewer defenders.

Greebley said:
An addendum to this is to let them choose the city the first time (perhaps emptying a city to tempt them, but don't rely on them coming there). In other works keep whatever city they land next to empty. I think that is more reliable than trying to get to a city you choose. Note that if you don't like they city they chose, you can move in troops to that city and see where they go.

Making them go to a city of the players choice works but requires higher defense in all reachable cities. If they favor a city and it is empty, you can get away with fewer defenders.

Good point. It's sometimes hard to guess where they want to land, but a city near their last landing is a pretty good guess. Empty a city close to previous landings and there is a good chance that will turn into a kill zone.

They have been chosing jungle tiles at the northwest end of the bay. We need to get a stack of workers down there to clear the jungle.

Recon: no changes

IT: byz drop archer @ adrianople

460: Kill 2 byz archers, bab spear, roman LB. Spear army pillages. 4-0

470: Kill roman LB 5-0

IT: 2 mounties lost. Smoke drops LB, MI near Caughnawage which I seem to have left mysteriously unguarded. 5-2

480: Kill bowman, LB 7-2

IT: Smoke moves on Caughnawaga, finishes Bachs. Smoke drops a LB. Ports finish the Observatory.

490: Kill smoke's invasion force. pillage roman silk. Kill 2 byz archers. 12-2

IT: byz archer kills 3/4 mountie on mountain. Our spear kills a bowman. 13-3

500: kill byz archer 14-3

510: kill bowman 15-3

IT: smoke sailing up the east coast

520: Kill bow, 4 roman LB, byz archer, byz spear. Take Caesarea. 22-3

IT: smoke sails back down the east coast

530: positioning

IT: Smoke sailing up the east coast again :crazyeye:

540: cats go 1-6 at Connie. kill 3 roman LB, bow 26-3

IT: Fail to pick up on growth at Moo, riot :blush:

550: 4 spears guarding Connie. Kill 3 :mad: 29-3

560: RL the army taking Connie. Lots of moves left. Couldn't resist going a little long. Ding dong, Dorable the witch is dead. 31-3

There are three cats, three mounties near Caughnawaga. It is empty, smoke just dropped a LB next to it. As long as smoke doesn't dump near the byz lands, we're in good shape. Moo is doing 15spt, 3 others doing 10spt. Stack of doom building in Awakaroman. Babs sending stray bows towards ironwood and Oka. I too failed to get out a boat. Feud finishes this turn. We have a small cash reserve built up for emergencies. Spear army is near rome in the north, just finished pillaging all of rome's tiles. Sorry for going a little long, but I couldn't resist taking out Dora.

They have been chosing jungle tiles at the northwest end of the bay. We need to get a stack of workers down there to clear the jungle.
working on it :)

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads9/HNDY15_560_AD.SAV

The island will be ours MWHA-HA-HA-HA :ninja:

Now if Theo had been a brunette she would have looked like the ultimate ex.

Good to go, wrap on the lice filled beard tonight.

Bede said:
Now if Theo had been a brunette she would have looked like the ultimate ex.
:hmm: Isn't Theo a brunette? And here I thought she was the ultimate ex.

BTW - Well played Admiral.

She's lacking the auburn highlights....

Kill a Mayan longbow and Babylonian spear. 2-0

Wound a Roman but withold the finishing stroke as I don't want to leave the Warrior in the open.

Bab bowman retreats a warrior at Ironwood. Kill him with the warrior off the mountain.

Just noticed a pop6 Mayan city with IA smokestacks east of Byzantium :eek:

570AD Big trouble at Constantinople....Maya land four Ancient Cavalry, a horseman, a longbow and a warrior (no swords, pikes or knights). There is a crippled army, a crippled Mountie and some catapults available to defend it. So pull them all back to Caesarea and abandon the town. Move the spear from Adrianople to Caesareae and abandon Adrianople.

Have to do a fair amount of garrison shifting and some resassignment to prevent riots or a raise in the luxury tax as I want cash to pay for some spear upgrades.

Mayans assault Caesarea and the town survives but a spear and a MW are lost though we kill an AC and a Mayan horseman. 4-2

With the loss of Adrianople and Constantinpole we lose control of the spice fields and Allegheny and Centralia riot.

580AD

Caesearea will not hold, so disband the cats, pull back to Eridu and abandon another town.

Kill some Romans at Pisae because I can but lose a MW. 8-3

Lose an exposed Mountie to Roman LB out of Pisae. 8-4

590AD
Regrouping and healing

Henry appears wanting to trade some wines for furs....Nothing else is going so declare war.

600AD
Now to find out where Henry is unless of course Maya sold us to him...as I see no Porto carracks around that must be the case. Kill an AC at Eridu but lose a MW. 9-5

Kill another Bab longbow at Ironwood. 10-5

And now the stuff hits the fan as the Maya land a cavalryman and a musket at Nicaea though we retreat an AC at Eridu and kill two more. 12-5

Roman longbows attack Pisae. One dies but the second kills our elite sword. 13-6

610AD
The army at Eridu wipes out the Maya cav and musket :whew: 15-6

Kill a Bab bowman at Ironwood. 16-6

Start assembling the troops to take Pisae.

620AD
Kill a Mayan LB at Eridu, but if I am wrong about the forces they have on the peninsula it is going to be ugly down there.

Kill another Bab bowman at Ironwood. 17-6

Skim a settler out of Centralia as it is getting to expensive to keep those people happy.

630AD
Lose an mace to a Roman longbow in the open, kill a Mayan warrior and a Bab bowman 20-6

Kill two Roman LB on the road to Pisae then destroy Pisae killing four Roman spears and losing one MW 26-7

Capture three Roman workers.

640AD

Found Chondote in the plains. Kill two more Romans and another Bab bowman. 28-7

650AD
Redistribute garrisons to stop the riots in Akwesasne. Recapture a catapult on the Byzantine peninsula while doing a little recon to find a Mayan fleet that sailed north up the east coast then sailed back.

Kill yet another Bab bowman 29-7

With funds in the kitty crank up the research spending to Engineering for trebs and trees. The MW with cats can deal with the Romans and the Babs so I am not in a hurry to get to knights. And if another Mayan cavalry landing shows up there is not much to be done about that with knights anyway.

The market builds have been swapped to temples for cheaper happiness and with only two luxes the markets wouldn't help much there anyway. Go ahead and change if it suits you Bugs.

The cats and the spear army on on the way to Veii. There is another settler in Chondote to follow along behind them.

Not real happy about this set. Lost control of the cities and had to bounce the garrisons around. Losing those spices really hurt. The Maya have not settled in the Byz peninsula so we could send a slave down there to build a colony or pull some settlers out to reclaim them. My concern is that we will then tie up a lot of offensive troops down there as that seems to be the closest to the other continent, judging from the Mayan boat traffic.

The Western Salient

"Henry appears wanting to trade some wines for furs....Nothing else is going so declare war."

I cracked up at this one.

I have it. Looks like we're approaching the critical phase. This might take a while to play, so some patience please. I will provide updates as often as possible.

Pre-flight – And then there were five. It is four against one. Taking out the Babylonians may be a good thing. I take five Mounties from Chondate and move them to Pisae. I can execute a two turn assault on Ellipi from Pisae.

IBT – The Portuguese finally show up. The Babs drop off a Bow and a bunch of Mayans are on the way. Here’s where they came from:

1. 660AD – Kill the invading Bow. Kill a Roman LB. March on Ellipi and capture two Byzantine slaves from the Babs. (2-0)

IBT – The Portuguese mysteriously sail back the way they came. Smoke wants to talk. Six Mayans are dropped off. A few Romans sally forth.

2. 670 AD – Two Roman LB are killed. A Mayan cav, two muskets, a MDI, and two LBs are killed at the north end of the bay.
@ Ellipi – Kill the two defending spears and…

We also capture a cat.
Lose a mountie trying to take out a wounded Bow. (12-1)

IBT – Mayans sail away Retreat a mountie from a Bow.

3. 680 AD – Start marching towards Eulbar, the next Bab city. MM for ethic cleansing in Ellipi now that the resistance has ended.

IBT – The Portuguese drop several units off next to an undefended Nicaea. (three crusaders, a knight, a musket and a warrior) Hammy wants to talk. You want to give us both of your cities and then hang from our gallows? No? Then go away.

4. 690 AD – Kills: PORT - three crusaders, knight, musket, warrior. Rome – two LB BAB – spear
Losses: mountie to the Portuguese warrior. (21-2)

To be continued…..

Top Bottom