Ho ho ho and a bottle of Tokaj! - A Magyar civ

Kösz Tomalak! Nekem nem volt időm...

To the traits of St. Stephen: I would recommend Spiritual and Expansive, with the Organized religion as favorite civic. But Organized sounds good as well. Again: it´s your choice. :) If you need anything, just ask. You´re the one who do us a favor...

Én örülök hogy segithetek! Eltudnád neki mondani esetleg hogy ha van kedve berakhatná harmadiknak Horthy-t, már ha lehet ilyet? És még elmondanád neki hogy rendkívül hálás vagyok a modért? Ne haragudj de mint irtam nem tok angolul nagyon :)

Since history is somewhat of a hobby of mine(too much Paradox games) I am very well familiar with Hungarian history(esp. since 900 years of it are Croatian history as well)

Before I made this mod I was thinking about a naval civ, since there were none, one that would be interesting in alternative games, like archipelago maps. And what better candidate could I find than Admiral Horthy and SMS Szent Istvan.

So, my initial idea was to implement a powerful battleship as unique unit and Miklos Horthy and Matthias Corvinus as leaders. But then I checked up wikipedia in greater detail, for pedia material and pics.

This chapter made me decide otherwise. If he had died in 1937. he'd be my first pick due to his naval exploits and helping Hungary stand on its feet again after Trianon and Romanian occupation. As it is, it would be against my morals to implement him since I do not wish to insult people whose parents or granparents suffered or were killed during his regime. There are far better men to represent Hungary.

So, when I made my first pick, medieval candidates were Arpad, St.Stephen, Kalman Arpad, Jan Hunyadi and Matthias Corvinus. Arpad had the best pic. So he got picked.

After I dismissed Horthy, I needed a new modern leader. Kossuth was the first one that fell on my mind, considered Gyula Andrassy and Istvan Szecheny, but Kossuth was better known. So Kossuth it was.

Anyway, enjoy the mod. Its a game and should be entertaining for everyone.

PS. I think this trait distribution is best. Three leaders that implement all six traits. Something for everyone.

I see your point and totally agree with you. Thanks for considering my remarks too. I noticed that you are familiar with Hungary´s history, I must admit, more than I am with horvát history. (It´s shame, really. I try to improve.)

I have read the article in the Wikipedia too, years ago I read Horthy´s autobiographie... plain excuses and denies. Again, I agree not to implement him.

Tomalak asked me to thank you in his name too. So: THANKS! (In the name of all huingarian CIV-players, I guess.) :)

By the time I got to installing the mod there is a new one! Wow. Looks good so far, now I will go and try it out. Köszönöm Szépen!

Good mod, I'll download the new version tonight, you definitely earned the bottle of Tokaji, hehe :goodjob:

Isn't Széchényi István an option for some kind of science-type leader?
I personally like Széchényi more than Szent István...:blush:
anybody agree?

Thanks for the mod! It's very good!
Just a suggestion: maybe you can put in Horthy or Nagy Imre in the scenario. And if you can't find good pics about them just ask me! About the units: Hussar is good! You remember that in Civ3 Conq original napoleon scenario Austria-Hungary's unique unit was also hussar, so this is a sign of hussar is the most famous hungarian soldier-form. Sorry about my english. Thanks for the mod again! Great work!

Hi!

v1.02 works just fine on my rig, no problems so far. (Except the "normal" ones not in connection with the mod.) (After installing the 1.01, the flags were all blank, maybe I messed up the installation somehow.)

You took the names of the cities from a statistical book? It looks to me they are in the right order regarding population based on the most recent data. Nice!

Sort of. Typed in Google 'cities in Hungary', got a list of major cities and included all cities above 30,000 people. Hope the spelling is satisfactory, since I had to remove all diacritics. Civ cant chew them. Does the flagdecal work for you now? Those things are messy...

I did try the mod and it is cool so far. A few improvements though: If you could get a red/white/green (horizontal) flag, that would be better. Also, even though you have good city names, Hungary did lose 2/3 of it's historical teritory after WWI, and so there are lots of cities that are not considered Hungarian cities now.

Otherwise you did a great job. :goodjob: Keep it up!

I'll consider adding Matthias Corvinus and Imre Nagy on the next update.

As for the city list, it not trouble to push Esztergom and Székesfehérvár upwards, the cities are currently ranked by todays population.

As for further cities... show me one game where you ran out of cities. Due to political reasons(squabbling what belongs to who) I decided to limit the city list to only cities that are within a countrys todays border, so, no Ujvidek, Pozsony, Kolosvar, Fiumme... same with my Croatia mod, no Trieste, Mostar, Kotor or Zemun)

I think you made the right decision not to use city names which are outside modern-hungary. If someone wants to play with "Great Hungary" he/she can always rename cities..

One remark about the cities: its kind of strange to see a settler first build Budapest while in fact, Budapest was founded much later.. (not that i can't live with it, its just a bit strange :D )

btw: got some 45000+ score yesterday playing Magyar, eradicating the Japanese in very primitive times :goodjob:
again, thanks for the mod.

Corriesurf said:
One remark about the cities: its kind of strange to see a settler first build Budapest while in fact, Budapest was founded much later.. (not that i can't live with it, its just a bit strange :D

Well, Washingotn D.C. was not the first capital of the US either and was built after the revolutionary war (1790). :crazyeye:
Also, Budapest was at first two different cities: Buda and Pest.

Top Bottom