Ho ho ho and a bottle of Tokaj! - A Magyar civ

Can we ask someone to make a moving LH? That would be really cool. Other then that I have really enjoyed this mod.

If you have the Magyars, the ancestors of the Hungarians, you need the Szekely, the ancestors of the Romanians, since historically they were always placed together as a Turco-Ugric offshoot of Mongolian stock that became recognised as seperate and independant only after the Mongolian invasion of Kiev Rus in the 9th century up until the rebellion of the Volga/Don Republics under the banner of Aleksandr Nievsky against the German Templars, when the Tsars relocated to Kiev, and then Moscow under Nicholas I, the first of the Romanovs. Prominent Szekely include Vlad Tsepesh, aka Vlad the Impaler/Dracula, who used lepers and impalement in the wars against the Turks (Medieval Germ Wafare and torture of prisoners of war.) Rasputin the Mad Monk, and Ivan III aka Ivan the Terrible, who was related by blood, as well as by marriage, to his cousin Sergei Yorgi's great-aunt Sophia, ancestor of Catherine the Great, who built the church of St. Sophia, later known as the Kremlin, in her name. You could also include the Dinesti family dynasty, led by Prince Radu Dan I, Vlad Tsepesh's brother, another prominent Eastern European bloodline who were the mortal enemies of the Szekely, due to being allied with the Turks in the wars over the succession to the throne of Transylvania and, by extension, the whole of Romania in the dark/middle ages.

Szekely have no connection with Romanians other than that they live in modern day Romania. They're an offshot of main Magyar group that settled in Transylvania. Szekely nowdays make up a large part of Magyar ethnic minority in Transylvania.

Szekely and Magyar are from Venus, Romanians are from Mars.

AC,

I have been hooked on your Magyar mod since I discovered it (my Mother's a Hungarian, Father is a Serb), but have made the "mistake" of upgrading to v1.61. The upgrade has "busted" the Mod. I have made changes where I have discovered they are needed (Forbidden Palace seems to be "Great Palace" and 3 Gorges is now "Great Dam" in the xml files), but I am wondering if you will update the Mod or post a list of fixes for us fanatics to make.

Or if anyone else has solved this problem, a little help would be appreciated.

My compliments to you. :goodjob:

Infinit1 said:
Yeah, does anyone know how to make this 1.61 compatible?

I'd do it, if I could get hold of the ****ing file. I'm currently downloading it from FileGone at 0.2 KB/s. That's not ****ing funny. What's even worse is that there was no need for the creator to upload it there. CivFanatics offer a temp. ftp account to anyone who wants to upload a file under 100 MB. It is really starting to piss me off. Creators should use their wits and upload to CFC! That is the easiest way for the end-user to get hold of the damn thing.

Infinit1 said:
Yeah, does anyone know how to make this 1.61 compatible?

Hi,

Thank for this nice mod. I would say it is partially 1.61 compatible: when I load it, I got some error messages, like: “Tag: BUILDINGCLASS_FORBIDDEN_PALACE in Info class was incorrect. Current XML file is: Civilizations/CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml”. Otherwise, it still runs, it is just annoying to have this. Any idea?

Ulysse

As I recall there are a few changes. Forbidden Palace; Three Gorges Dam; Communism; and Fascism. But these are wording changes, for example "Communism" is not "Communism" in the files, it is "Utopia." (Go figure!) You need to go through the Magyar files and update them. There is also a problem with "Chinese Leader" that I have not been able to figure out. As you fix one, the next "error" pops up. As you said, it is not fatal, just annoying.

would be interesting if you could make this mod Warlords compatible...I mean, with a unique building and modified leader traits.

Magyarok, csillapodjatok le! Nem kell minden egyes uj web-oldalért amit találtok egy nagyot kurjantani a forumon!

would be interesting if you could make this mod Warlords compatible...I mean, with a unique building and modified leader traits.

Magyarok, csillapodjatok le! Nem kell minden egyes uj web-oldalért amit találtok egy nagyot kurjantani a forumon!

:p

Jól van jól van csak az öröm teszi :D

Hi!

I am new in this forum, so allow me to introduce me first. I am living in Germany, but my father is an Hungarian. In fact I have the citizenship of booth countries and I have still connections to Hungary. I was always interested in hungarian history and I can speak hungarian (I do understand what is written here, but my abilities of writing in hungarian is... lets say "untrained"). I was really happy when I found out that there is a mod that allows me to play Civ 4 as Hungary. So that's about me.

Now some things that is maybe more of interest for you. I have done a little work on anima croatorums mod and have solved the problem with this anoying messages (yeah, alright, it was not that difficult). If somebody cares and anima croatorum agrees I could post it. I have also added the parliament as a world wonder, even with civilopedia entry (in hungarian, I took it from wikipedia). I have also post a request for animated leaderheads for this mod in the forum. I hope somebody will answer me.

Last but not least: A small tip. Going to Germany for living here is not a good idea for an Hungarian, I think. There's no Túrórudi available here! Sometimes life is pretty hard here...:cry:

Hi!

I am new in this forum, so allow me to introduce me first. I am living in Germany, but my father is an Hungarian. In fact I have the citizenship of booth countries and I have still connections to Hungary. I was always interested in hungarian history and I can speak hungarian (I do understand what is written here, but my abilities of writing in hungarian is... lets say "untrained"). I was really happy when I found out that there is a mod that allows me to play Civ 4 as Hungary. So that's about me.

Now some things that is maybe more of interest for you. I have done a little work on anima croatorums mod and have solved the problem with this anoying messages (yeah, alright, it was not that difficult). If somebody cares and anima croatorum agrees I could post it. I have also added the parliament as a world wonder, even with civilopedia entry (in hungarian, I took it from wikipedia). I have also post a request for animated leaderheads for this mod in the forum. I hope somebody will answer me.

Last but not least: A small tip. Going to Germany for living here is not a good idea for an Hungarian, I think. There's no Túrórudi available here! Sometimes life is pretty hard here...:cry:
Hehe, I'm not Hungarian but I'm interested in Hungary and Hungarian history. I tried learning it but didn't get past the hundreds of exceptions and rules about the verb "to be.":lol:

Anyway, I would love to see the Hungarian modification; Anima Croatorum's link to the mod has expired, and I have always wanted to download/use the mod. It'd be great if you had it!

Also, judging from the size of these forums, I'm sure someone will answer your call for moving leaderheads.

Top Bottom