HOF IV Update Discussion

Ozbenno

Fly Fly Away
Hall of Fame Staff
The Civilization IV Hall of Fame has been updated. 72 games were accepted since the previous update.

Congratulations to Seraiel for the highest score of the update with a Huge Deity Domination game for 1433013 points.

WastinTime was the most active player during this update, submitting 8 games.

Only 5 players were brave enough to take on Deity this update
bcool submitted a 1535 AD Standard Deity Cultural game for 83610 points
kovacsflo submitted a 1922 AD Huge Deity Conquest game for 25422 points
Seraiel submitted a 1050 AD Huge Deity Domination game for 1433013 points
Sun Tzu Wu submitted a 2260 BC Duel Deity Domination game for 143199 points and a 1675 BC Duel Deity Domination game for 132315 points and a 1000 BC Tiny Deity Domination game for 267783 points and a 1025 BC Duel Deity Domination game for 217190 points
WastinTime submitted a 1740 AD Large Deity Space Colony game for 23028 points and a 775 BC Tiny Deity Domination game for 221683 points and a 2000 BC Tiny Deity Conquest game for 98024 points and a 1840 AD Huge Deity Space Colony game for 24001 points and a 1625 AD Standard Deity Conquest game for 95353 points and a 1790 AD Large Deity Space Colony game for 29109 points

A number of players gained number one positions:
bcool with a 1535 AD Standard Deity Cultural game for 83610 points.
kovacsflo with a 1922 AD Huge Deity Conquest game for 25422 points.
Sun Tzu Wu with a 1000 BC Tiny Deity Domination game for 267783 points.
Sun Tzu Wu with a 1675 BC Duel Deity Domination game for 132315 points.
WastinTime with a 1790 AD Large Deity Space Colony game for 29109 points.
WastinTime with a 1625 AD Standard Deity Conquest game for 95353 points.
WastinTime with a 1840 AD Huge Deity Space Colony game for 24001 points.
WastinTime with a 1740 AD Large Deity Space Colony game for 23028 points.

ChrisFromLux with a 1830 AD Small Emperor Space Colony game for 23257 points.
jesusin with a 2050 AD Tiny Emperor Time game for 40031 points.
jesusin with a 160 AD Small Emperor Conquest game for 97304 points.
jesusin with a 680 BC Small Emperor Domination game for 113641 points.

tachywaxon with a 900 AD Standard Prince Diplomatic game for 143535 points.
Tone with a 1764 AD Huge Prince Cultural game for 32857 points.

Tone with a 1718 AD Huge Noble Cultural game for 28716 points.

ilgari with a 1085 AD Huge Warlord Cultural game for 108283 points.
Tone with a 1718 AD Huge Warlord Cultural game for 21621 points.

HuibertJan with a Jan 2050 AD Tiny Settler Time game for 10727 points.

Gauntlet Results:
G-Minor 134 - Conquest, Noble, Always War (Barbs ON)
1st lymond 425BC
2nd Silverbow 300BC
3rd Bugio 175AD

** New Gauntlets Starting **
G-Minor 135 - Culture, Warlord, Standard, OCC

Best wishes for Christmas and the holiday season from all the HOF staff, we hope everyone is having a relaxing time :)

WastinTime submitted a 1740 AD Large Deity Space Colony game for 23028 points

Crap! I was gunning for this slot. Of course, boudica on random settings won't have a slight chance to beat that...wait...classical start...hmm...:think:

WastinTime always thwarting me as usual...ha!

Gauntlet Results:
G-Minor 134 - Conquest, Noble, Always War (Barbs ON)
1st lymond 425BC
2nd Silverbow 300BC
3rd Bugio 175AD

Interesting new composition of winners...where are the ones I used to know. All fled...

new?:confused:;)

New to my perspective when I was very active HoF player.
Before TMIT arrival in challenger series V where he attracted a huge bunch of new players here amongst the competitors.
Not it is bad, it is great to see more activities, but...where's the people I used to know.
Before, I may say it was a more restrict circle with the usual players like

-shulec
-AgedOne
-cas
-Kaitzilla
-AAA (Beccnoa)
-sometimes Jesusin
-seldom STW
-WastinTime
-The Hawk
-etc.

Even the reclusive players who never say a word on the HoF subforum have disappeared...

Still, perhaps this G-Minor was a rehashing one they experienced in the far past, lowering the interest...:dunno:

BTW, nice win, ParadigmShiftered Lymond...:cool:

Thanks, Tachy...(i think...:lol:)

Crap! I was gunning for this slot. Of course, boudica on random settings won't have a slight chance to beat that...wait...classical start...hmm...:think:

Noooo, don't knock out my Classical start. Rock of Ages is such a pain to get good scores.

Noooo, don't knock out my Classical start. Rock of Ages is such a pain to get good scores.

Unusual behaviour=mocking me? :)

Anyways, I think by definition ancient start games wipe every later starts whatever the date, is that right?

By now, I feel a pathetic 1840 AD coming as space colony victory...perhaps I should have stop putting hammers in warring, but I couldn't control myself. This would be my first real deity win. :woohoo: unless something goes wrong as the space race is tight (the RNG gave me a nice couple of peacemongers).

New to my perspective when I was very active HoF player.
Before TMIT arrival in challenger series V where he attracted a huge bunch of new players here amongst the competitors.
Not it is bad, it is great to see more activities, but...where's the people I used to know.
Before, I may say it was a more restrict circle with the usual players like

-shulec
-AgedOne
-cas
-Kaitzilla
-AAA (Beccnoa)
-sometimes Jesusin
-seldom STW
-WastinTime
-The Hawk
-etc.

Even the reclusive players who never say a word on the HoF subforum have disappeared...

Still, perhaps this G-Minor was a rehashing one they experienced in the far past, lowering the interest...:dunno:

BTW, nice win, ParadigmShiftered Lymond...:cool:

Hey, what about me? I am still the second in quattromasters overall and 4th in gauntlet. Actually I haven't played a gauntlet for a long, because there aren't any which can boost my gauntlet score (at quattromasters) It's just not fair, why there aren't any huge deity majors or at least a huge monarch minor one?

Hey, what about me? I am still the second in quattromasters overall and 4th in gauntlet. Actually I haven't played a gauntlet for a long, because there aren't any which can boost my gauntlet score (at quattromasters) It's just not fair, why there aren't any huge deity majors or at least a huge monarch minor one?

I didn't know you wanted to be acknowledged by me...:p
It is not I am WastinTime, Shulec or the likes...

Still, I am sorry to have put you out the list: since I have no aim yet to the (E)quattromaster, I tend to forgot those who actively work to be number one there.

The last time I saw you in a gauntlet was cultural game with Hatty on Oasis trying to kick Jesusin out...:mischief:

Of course, you are a very competent player, don't you remember a comment of mine in that gauntlet. I knew your reputation before seeing you.

Misotu was another I could've mentioned, but she was somehow gone when I arrived into the scene.
EDIT: I also forgot Cabert.

It's just not fair, why there aren't any huge deity majors or at least a huge monarch minor one?

Use your position to motivate Denniz/Ozbenno to make such gauntlet. Shulec did make a proposition on a certain AW immortal gauntlet, which was accepted.

-shulec
-AgedOne
-cas
-Kaitzilla
-AAA (Beccnoa)
-sometimes Jesusin
-seldom STW
-WastinTime
-The Hawk

Most if not all of these were active in SGotM 14 iirc, and i know that can affect who tries HOF games :)

I didn't know you wanted to be acknowledged by me...:p
It is not I am WastinTime, Shulec or the likes...

Still, I am sorry to have put you out the list: since I have no aim yet to the (E)quattromaster, I tend to forgot those who actively work to be number one there.

The last time I saw you in a gauntlet was cultural game with Hatty on Oasis trying to kick Jesusin out...:mischief:

Of course, you are a very competent player, don't you remember a comment of m
EDIT: I also forgot Cabert.

Yes, it was really long ago, I wonder that you still remember. I didn't mind that I couldn 't re
ach 1st position since I played with raging barbs and I still got good scores.

I am not sure I could force the HoF staff to anything since I haven't been very active recently... But if any of them shows interest, I think an industrial huge deity conquest can be good fun.

And Tachy, your avatar is really cool with that evil look, is that from a cartoon or a comic? It reminds me to V like Vendetta.

-shulec
-AgedOne
-cas
-Kaitzilla
-AAA (Beccnoa)
-sometimes Jesusin
-seldom STW
-WastinTime
-The Hawk
-etc.

Oh fantastic. This list gives all of those on/off HoF players something to be offended by, so here goes my very best outrage.....

Its an affront to me that I am not on the list! :mad: I've lost at least 2 or 3 gauntlets. Is it just me or does the mad smiley lose something when it has a santa hat?
Good luck with this one Tachy! :) from somebody that you used to know

I agree with Habitus, whenever a SGOTM is finishing, it can sometimes act like a huge black hole, sucking in all activity from around it.

Like it :goodjob:

And I'm also affronted I wasn't included in the elite gauntlet participants, I have won 1 in the last 5 years you know :lol:

Actually, I'm pretty close to Bram, Miraculix, cas, bcool, FiveAces and neilmeister in the gaunlet rankings, quantity over quality has something to say for it ;)

But I see I'm one behind AgedOne by one spot, I see another challenge (on my behalf) coming on :crazyeye:

But I see I'm one behind AgedOne by one spot, I see another challenge (on my behalf) coming on :crazyeye:

Argh! Stop it. Stop it.
Don't you know that I've forgotten how to play Civ properly!?

Actually, thanks! This can be my new year's resolution. Remember how to play Civ again. (and lose 14lb)

Its an affront to me that I am not on the list! :mad: I've lost at least 2 or 3 gauntlets.

Um, yeah. Looks like I offended quite a lot people. I won't come up in the future with any list (especially done in a pottered manner) of that kind. Looks kind of elitist or something...

But you treat me like a stranger and that feels so rough
And you didn't have to stoop so low

*while listening* *denying everything*

Am I targeted...yes I am! :)

Not my kind of music, but I am starting to like it, especially when the pitch comes higher. I had to get the lyrics, my ears don't fit english as usual. :crazyeye:

Come on Youtube repeat, work for once for godsake!

Its my kids favourite song at the moment, they are always bugging me to watch the video clip on the computer. The lyrics fit perfectly with the situation.... tongue-in-cheek of course. :)

Top Bottom