HOF Mod Support/Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big_Ben said:
The communism info isn't a problem wtih the mod, its the 1.61 install itself. I'll fix it eventually though.
I expect you've got some old .py/.xml hanging around in CustomAssets. Just delete or rename the contents of CustomAssets and try again.

Denniz said:
I debated with leaving the turn number there but I couldn't think of a good reason. Shows what I know. :crazyeye:

I will put it back for next time and take a look at the reminder mod. Do you have a link for that?
The reminder mod was created by the same person that put together the logger mod. I've moved it to the customevent method created by Dr J in my cobbled mod pack. I have also stolen alot of your great code (mainly ini stuff). It is all here. You should be able to lift the reminder files straight out with only very minor hook up issues.

Since I installed this mod, I've been experiencing a lot of instability that never happened before. Most recently, a game crashed that I was well into, and it gave me an error message that said:

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" at the top
then the file path for the Civ4 exe file.
then: "This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact your software vendor ... etc."

I didn't think too much of it at the time, figuring that I would reboot and load the most recent auto-save, but none of my autosaves--or any other saves from that game will load. I can start a new game, with or without the mod in effect, but I cannot load my old game and continue. This is particularly galling, since I was in the middle of a Deity-level game that I had invested many many hours into.

I attached a save from this game to this email message, in case someone can help me. Obviously, I would like to know if this will happen again before I try playing a HOF game again. I just can't bear the thought of playing another game for 10 hours, having the game crash, then not being able to load any of the saves. Incredibly frustrating.

I really enjoy playing HOF games and gauntlets, and in fact, that's about all I play anymore (until now). I appreciate all of the work that you do, and I hope that this can be resolved so that I can continue to enjoy the company and the competition. This problem occured only with the ".002" verison, though this may or may not be salient to finding a solution.

One other point: I did succesfully play two games with the ".001" version of the mod. However, I had other stability problems with those games--a crash message that said "initialize renderer failed" and it's asked me to check if I have the latest drivers. The error screen provided details about my screen settings. At the bottom of this error message, it said "Error: creation failed. Could not match desired fullscreen mode." However when I restarted my computer, this second problem went away, and I was able to load my games with no problem.

I had never had problems before the patch and recent HOF mods.

Can you help? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Matt

Thanks for the save file godotnut, that helped find the problem. I've made a new version of 1.61.002 that contains the fix in it, so anyone that comes across this problem can download and use the new version and continue playing. However, I'm intending to release 1.61.003 soon due to a Civ4 bug I really want to work around, so if you're still using 1.61.001 don't upgrade just yet!

Dianthus said:
Thanks for the save file godotnut, that helped find the problem. I've made a new version of 1.61.002 that contains the fix in it, so anyone that comes across this problem can download and use the new version and continue playing. However, I'm intending to release 1.61.003 soon due to a Civ4 bug I really want to work around, so if you're still using 1.61.001 don't upgrade just yet!
If you are working on the mod, then there is a python error in the autologEventManager.py under 'onReligionSpread' - the error message is 'player' is not defined.

I think the correction is ...

PHP:
	def onReligionSpread(self, argsList):
		if hof.get_boolean('AUTOLOG', 'Enabled', False) and hof.get_boolean('AUTOLOG', 'LOG_RELIGION', True):
			iReligion, iOwner, pSpreadCity = argsList
			player = PyPlayer(iOwner)

if gc.getGame(). etc
I haven't tested it as I would involve waiting until my religion spreads to another civ.

ruff_hi said:
If you are working on the mod, then there is a python error in the autologEventManager.py under 'onReligionSpread' - the error message is 'player' is not defined.

I think the correction is ...

PHP:
	def onReligionSpread(self, argsList):
		if hof.get_boolean('AUTOLOG', 'Enabled', False) and hof.get_boolean('AUTOLOG', 'LOG_RELIGION', True):
			iReligion, iOwner, pSpreadCity = argsList
			player = PyPlayer(iOwner)

if gc.getGame(). etc
I haven't tested it as I would involve waiting until my religion spreads to another civ.
Looks like that should work, thanks.:goodjob:

Be careful, if you change anything in the MOD's Assets folder the CRCs will come up different when you submit to the HOF.

This is the first time I try to use a mod. It works fine except for two small problems.

1. Lock modified assets??

I get an error in the settings about that one. How can I fix it? :confused:

2. I am not sure if this thing is because of the Mod or the new update, but for some reason "Wheat" doesn't give any health points to my cities anymore? Has anyone else experienced that?
If it's mentioned in some other discussion then I am sorry, but I haven't time to go through it all:rolleyes:

Hope you can help me, and very good job with this mod package ;)

Carlei said:
1. Lock modified assets??

I get an error in the settings about that one. How can I fix it? :confused:
If you use the Custom Game option instead of the Play Now option off the single player menu, the Lock Modified Assets check box is at the bottom center. You may have to scroll to see it.

Carlei said:
2. I am not sure if this thing is because of the Mod or the new update, but for some reason "Wheat" doesn't give any health points to my cities anymore? Has anyone else experienced that?
I have not heard anything about wheat not giving health before. Make sure it is connected to your city(ies). If that is not it, then please post a savegame or e-mail it to hof@civfanatics.net. We'll take a look.

ahh, so you can only use this mod in custom games?

It seems that everything is working fine, despite the error message :)

About the wheat problem, then it has road connection and a farm.

I have just mailed the game to you.

Carlei said:
ahh, so you can only use this mod in custom games?
Once you set it will be remembered in the Civ4 ini file, so you can then go back to using the Play Now option, I you like.

Carlei said:
It seems that everything is working fine, despite the error message :)
I assume by error message you are referring to the HOF Warnings. That just means that it is not eligible for submission to the CFC HOF.

Carlei said:
About the wheat problem, then it has road connection and a farm.

I have just mailed the game to you.
Got it. It is not a bug. You don't get the benefits when you trade it away. You traded your only wheat away to Isabela. Sorry, you can't have your cake and eat it too. ;)

ahhh:lol:

Isn't that new?

In the old version you were only able to trade surplus, weren't you?

Anyway, thanks for solving "the mystery" :blush:

godotnut said:
Since I installed this mod, I've been experiencing a lot of instability that never happened before. Most recently, a game crashed that I was well into, and it gave me an error message that said:

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" at the top
then the file path for the Civ4 exe file.
then: "This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact your software vendor ... etc."
I have this same "C++ runtime Error" problem. This only ocurred after using the HOF 1.61.002 Mod. I've had to restart two different games. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Thanks.

Antoninus said:
I have this same "C++ runtime Error" problem. This only ocurred after using the HOF 1.61.002 Mod. I've had to restart two different games. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Thanks.
I put a fix up on the HOF site. See post #44.

I found an error in the HOF log event manager.
PHP:
def onSetPlayerAlive(self, argsList):
	if hof.get_boolean('AUTOLOG', 'Enabled', False) and hof.get_boolean('AUTOLOG', 'LOG_WAR', True):
			else:
				message = "Another civilization has been eliminated"
			if (NewAutoLog.enabled): NewAutoLog.writeLog(3, message)

the NewAutoLog doesn't have an 'enabled' attribute. The section 'if (NewAutoLog.enabled): ' should be removed.

I Hindi. Sorry, my English is bad. :(

I have a problem.

At attempt to load Start file I receive an inscription - Disallowed install.

I have license game, version 1.61 and HOF 1.61.001.

Last night a problem was not, I have sent 3 submissions, they were accepted. :)

I have checked up, how works MOD HOF 1.61.001 - had start with two identical leaders and have received the warning, that installations of game do not correspond to rules HOF.
Thus MOD HOF 1.61.001 works.

What to me to do?

ruff_hi said:
I found an error in the HOF log event manager.
PHP:
def onSetPlayerAlive(self, argsList):
	if hof.get_boolean('AUTOLOG', 'Enabled', False) and hof.get_boolean('AUTOLOG', 'LOG_WAR', True):
			else:
				message = "Another civilization has been eliminated"
			if (NewAutoLog.enabled): NewAutoLog.writeLog(3, message)

the NewAutoLog doesn't have an 'enabled' attribute. The section 'if (NewAutoLog.enabled): ' should be removed.
Thanks ruff_hi, I'll make sure that gets fixed.

Hindi said:
At attempt to load Start file I receive an inscription - Disallowed install.
Sorry Hindi, that's my fault. We are about to release version 1.61.003 of the HOF mod and will require everyone to use the new version when it is released as it fixes a couple of major exploits/bugs. I have made the HOF website report all older versions of the HOF mod as invalid. Just carry on submitting with 1.61.001 as usual (which means LOTS of games in your case :goodjob: ) until we release 1.61.003.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom