HOF Mod Support/Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could we get option to do autosaves on some other dir like single/HOF that would do saves for start file, 1Ad and 1000 Ad and round after winning. Id like to post saves at those same times as requested but never remember them and end up with intermediate saves only if i quit playing.

-Dracandross
We have options to save the start and save on exit. The intermediate files are nice to have but not absolutely required. They are more for supporting info with a borderline submission and for your fellow HOF'ers, of course. ;) Without worrying about the intermediate files, do you still think this option would be useful? Anybody else have a thought on this?

We have options to save the start and save on exit. The intermediate files are nice to have but not absolutely required. They are more for supporting info with a borderline submission and for your fellow HOF'ers, of course. ;) Without worrying about the intermediate files, do you still think this option would be useful? Anybody else have a thought on this?

It would probably just have to be either an Era triggered save or a fixed year save for the save callup command to work.

When I have submitted HOF games, I tend to look for the closest game to that era you "suggest", but often I don't have a save within a few hundred years of that OR I have a save that is 100 years different, that is a whole lot more interesting - like in the midst of a battle or conquest. I tend to not send in 'peaceful' saves as they are boring. :mischief:

Cheers.... ...Jungle

(note, lines are from Look & Feel mod, they may be different or even fixed in your original)

There is a bug in autologEventManager.py (part of Ruff autologger, modified from HOF mod, modified from autolog)

It is technically illegal to call getAttitudeInfo on yourself.

insert at lines 740, 799, 861:
Code:
if iCiv1 == iCiv2:
	continue

to fix this bug. (Note, I have not tested this fix)

Spoiler fixes in context :

Code:
# store civ attitudes
for iCiv1 in range(0, ziMaxCiv, 1):
	for iCiv2 in range(0, ziMaxCiv, 1):
		[B]if iCiv1 == iCiv2:
			continue[/B]
		zKey = ziMaxCiv * iCiv1 + iCiv2
		self.CIVAttitude[zKey] = gc.getAttitudeInfo(gc.getPlayer(iCiv1).AI_getAttitude(iCiv2)).getDescription()

Code:
# check if the attitude has changed
if (NewAutoLog.Enabled()
and RuffMod.get_boolean('AUTOLOG', 'LOG_ATTITUDE', True)):
			[B]if iCiv1 == iCiv2:
				continue[/B]
			zsNewAttitude = gc.getAttitudeInfo(gc.getPlayer(iCiv1).AI_getAttitude(iCiv2)).getDescription()

if (gc.getTeam(gc.getPlayer(iCiv1).getTeam()).isHasMet(gc.getActivePlayer().getTeam())
			and gc.getTeam(gc.getPlayer(iCiv2).getTeam()).isHasMet(gc.getActivePlayer().getTeam())
			and self.CIVAttitude[zKey] != zsNewAttitude
			and iCiv1 != gc.getGame().getActivePlayer()):
				zsCiv1 = gc.getPlayer(iCiv1).getName() + "(" + gc.getPlayer(iCiv1).getCivilizationShortDescription(0) + ")"
				zsCiv2 = gc.getPlayer(iCiv2).getName() + "(" + gc.getPlayer(iCiv2).getCivilizationShortDescription(0) + ")"
				message = "Attitude Change: %s towards %s, from '%s' to '%s'" % (zsCiv1, zsCiv2, self.CIVAttitude[zKey], zsNewAttitude)
				NewAutoLog.writeLog(12, message)
Code:
# dump attitude
		[B]if iCiv1 == iCiv2:
			continue[/B]
		zsCiv1 = gc.getPlayer(iCiv1).getCivilizationAdjective(0)  #getCivilizationShortDescription(0)
		zsCiv2 = gc.getPlayer(iCiv2).getCivilizationAdjective(0)  #getCivilizationShortDescription(0)
		zsNewAttitude = gc.getAttitudeInfo(gc.getPlayer(iCiv1).AI_getAttitude(iCiv2)).getDescription()
		message = "Attitude, %s, %s, %s, %s" % (zsCiv1, zsCiv2, self.CIVAttitude[zKey], zsNewAttitude)
		NewAutoLog.writeLog(1, message)

-Iustus

@Iustus - the show attitude logging is in my mod and not part of the HOF. I'll post a fix to my mod this week end.

I installed Map Finder 1.4, and it works, but:
- i cannot use the resources icons (very difficult to learn infos),
- i cannot uncheck any resource, or MF crashes and i have to reinstall

some suggestion?
it's far better than 1.3, i cannot use it at all, despite i followed your suggestions, and my system is OK.

It's been suggested in the GOTM forums that it would be nice if Civ4lerts could generate an alert when another civilization is willing to become your vassal.

I installed Map Finder 1.4, and it works, but:
- i cannot use the resources icons (very difficult to learn infos),
- i cannot uncheck any resource, or MF crashes and i have to reinstall

some suggestion?
it's far better than 1.3, i cannot use it at all, despite i followed your suggestions, and my system is OK.
I am not sure what you mean. Could you describe steps to reproduce what is happening to you? The main change in 1.4 was to make it automatically switch to the text version if the control with the icons doesn't work. A screen shot would be useful.

It's been suggested in the GOTM forums that it would be nice if Civ4lerts could generate an alert when another civilization is willing to become your vassal.
:hmm: That's not a spoiler? I'll look at it for the next release, then.

:hmm: That's not a spoiler? I'll look at it for the next release, then.

Well, there's an option that appears in the trade menu. Just as a tech is red or green depending on whether they are willing to trade it, you can see whether or not they will Capitulate (if you're at war), etc.

Well, there's an option that appears in the trade menu. Just as a tech is red or green depending on whether they are willing to trade it, you can see whether or not they will Capitulate (if you're at war), etc.
Very true. Can't really be classified as a spoiler if you could find out by checking diplomacy every turn, which some players do.

I am not sure what you mean. Could you describe steps to reproduce what is happening to you? The main change in 1.4 was to make it automatically switch to the text version if the control with the icons doesn't work. A screen shot would be useful.
Yes, i got that advice, and MF automatically switch to text mode.
I can't post a screenie, simply it crashes and doesn't starts if i try to unflag a resource.
I have to reinstall and it works again (in text mode)

Do you have some idea about the no-icons thing?
Sorry to bother, but i hope you can resolve this, making MF better (is useful as it is, it needs only to be more stable)

Yes, i got that advice, and MF automatically switch to text mode.
I can't post a screenie, simply it crashes and doesn't starts if i try to unflag a resource.
I have to reinstall and it works again (in text mode)

Do you have some idea about the no-icons thing?
Sorry to bother, but i hope you can resolve this, making MF better (is useful as it is, it needs only to be more stable)
Okay, I figured out what you were doing and fixed a bug where it wasn't writing back the column data in the correct format. There is a new version (1.5) on the mod page for download. I should warn you that since version 1.4 I have downloaded .NET Framework 3.0. I expect that you will need it with version 1.5. (Link is on download page as well.) It should be backwards compatible but I didn't do a full regression test.

Let me know if you have any problems. Good luck.

Downloaded 1.5, as well dot.net 3 (an italian version)
i DL an upgrade, then restart, uninstalled 1.5 (same errors, anyway)
and reinstalled again

this is the first screenie, and i think it's OK

but it goes in error and

and this is the message when i try to open the save dir. (with a translation of the italian part of the message)

I hope this will help to solve... side note: net FW 3.0 takes forever to install... damn Bill

Downloaded 1.5, as well dot.net 3 (an italian version)
i DL an upgrade, then restart, uninstalled 1.5 (same errors, anyway)
and reinstalled again

this is the first screenie, and i think it's OK

but it goes in error and

and this is the message when i try to open the save dir. (with a translation of the italin part of the message)
Yeah, one of the things I found out by accident is that the cause of the NullReference Exception error was something in my error handling. With that fixed those errors are now being displayed. You should get the text version with next startup. If that is not the case let me know. I may need to move something around now that it doesn't crash the same way.
edit: there is an ini file in the MF folder. You can change the one setting to "Text" (no quotes) if it keeps trying the icon mode. I will make some more changes and re-release 1.5 once you let me know about the text mode stuff.

Denniz, i changed this line in the .ini:
GridVersion=Text

and it works fine... better as 1.4, always without icons :mad:
hope you can solve it

Denniz, i changed this line in the .ini:
GridVersion=Text

and it works fine... better as 1.4, always without icons :mad:
hope you can solve it
Well, the problem with the icons is most probably due to the FlexGrid control not being redistributable. If you have it from another source then it works. If not, I suspect I won't be able to fix it.

But now that we see the error messages, I might be able to determine for sure one way or another. (It was a realy simple error but unbelievably stupid of me to miss it this long. :blush: )

For now, I will just get a stable copy that transitions to the text version properly.

ask, and ye shall receive

i did it, but now it starts with an error (the one in my last screenie)
sequence:
uninstalled, cleaned dir, reinstalled

btw it says only MF 1.5 setup .exe, no version in the properties dialog (it differs by 8 bytes from the first version)

ask, and ye shall receive

i did it, but now it starts with an error (the one in my last screenie)
sequence:
uninstalled, cleaned dir, reinstalled

btw it says only MF 1.5 setup .exe, no version in the properties dialog (it differs by 8 bytes from the first version)
Thanks. Does it have the same title in the error msg header? Never mind, I will dig up my old pc where I could reproduce the error and do some more testing with it there.

If you put "Text" back in the ini file it should work okay until I figure it out.

Thanks again. :goodjob:

OK Denniz, i'm playing GotM15 now (i'm a bit masochistic)
so i don't need it, let me know

I seem to be having a crashing problem with the warlords HOF mod. After loading the mod, when I try to launch a game (either via "play now" or "custom game") I crash with some sort of memory error. I can run Warlords without the mod, but don't want to ;) .

Can the mod be uninstalled and reinstalled? Or do I need to reinstall Warlords, then the mod? Or, do I need to reinstall CIV, then Warlords, then the mod? :crazyeye:

thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom