HOF Questions and Answers Thread

I am not trying activly to get on the Hof, but I would be intrested in watching some sort of replay of what other people have played. I downloaded some of these files(?) but it said "The file you have selected is protected to ensure that the assest in your mod folder have not been changed"

You always have to view the files with the exact hof-mod version this file was created with. So you have to check the appropriate gauntlet first for the version number, download that hof-mod version, install it, and try it again.

I am not trying activly to get on the Hof, but I would be intrested in watching some sort of replay of what other people have played. I downloaded some of these files(?) but it said "The file you have selected is protected to ensure that the assest in your mod folder have not been changed"

You always have to view the files with the exact hof-mod version this file was created with. So you have to check the appropriate gauntlet first for the version number, download that hof-mod version, install it, and try it again.

The save file should ask to load the HOF Mod version it requires. If you get the "protected" message that means your install Civ4 or HOF Mod doesn't match. Which is usually cause by install mods in the install folders assets (ie. Program Files\...\Assets) sub-folder instead of in My Documents\My games\...\CustomAssets.

Also, for a Vanilla Save file, the download changes it so it asks for the current Vanilla HOF Mod version. That doesn't work for the other versions, though.

RL has taken its toll on me lately. I still have two pre-BTS, 2.08.004 HoF Mod games going that I play if time permits. Given the time I have on my hands and that one of the maps is huge in size, I suspect that it may still take over a week for me to finish. I hope that won't pose a problem for a HoF entry.

the only vanilla mods being accepted right now are 1.61.011 and 1.74.001, while for warlords 2.08.004 and 2.13.001 are the only ones being accepted...I believe 2.08.004 will not be eligible anymore at this coming update, although I could be wrong and it will be the following update that will disallow them.

RL has taken its toll on me lately. I still have two pre-BTS, 2.04(?) HoF Mod games going that I play if time permits. Given the time I have on my hands and that one of the maps is huge in size, I suspect that it may still take over a week for me to finish. I hope that won't pose a problem for a HoF entry.
While the old versions are technically obsolete after the next update, we're flexible. If you started playing before then noone is going to say anything. Good luck with that huge map. ;)

One of the HOF rules says that each map type may only be submitted once. Does this mean that all parameters of the quattromasters rank must be fulfilled with no more than one game of each map type? It seems like it, but I want to be clear.

Not each map type, just each specific map. The number of maps you can submit is practically infinite (although in theory there must be a limit, it's juts higher than anybody could possibly ever reach).

One of the HOF rules says that each map type may only be submitted once. Does this mean that all parameters of the quattromasters rank must be fulfilled with no more than one game of each map type? It seems like it, but I want to be clear.
Harbourboy has right it right. :goodjob:

The idea is to only play each new game only once without reloading/replaying any portion. (Is is okay to save at the end of a play session as long as you continue from that save.)

Welcome to the Hall of Fame. [party] :band:

I just submitted a game for approval, and then I found the "check initial save" page where you check your initial save. When I did this it told me that the map had already been used -> http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/2311/civivmapalreadyusedwx9.jpg

... But I had not already used that map.

In addition, I checked a couple of other initial saves of games that I didn't finish, following the same strategy (quechua rush) and all of those checked out fine, and I just did the same thing with those as I did with the rejected file. I don't get it..

I just submitted a game for approval, and then I found the "check initial save" page where you check your initial save. When I did this it told me that the map had already been used -> http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/2311/civivmapalreadyusedwx9.jpg

Just to clarify, are you saying you submitted a game and than after submitting it, you tested the starting save for the game you just submitted? If I'm understanding you correctly, than it definitely will fail. Once you submit a game, whether we've checked it or not, it's part of the database and therefore part of the checks on if that map has been used. So basically you were checking the starting save against the very game you submitted.

If I'm in fact wrong in how I interperted your post, than please say so, so that we can work with the issue.

You read me correctly. I submitted the game, then checked the initial save file (I had just found that feature).

Does that mean that the game will not be accepted?

You read me correctly. I submitted the game, then checked the initial save file (I had just found that feature).

Does that mean that the game will not be accepted?

No, that particular reason would not cause the game to be rejected. You could check that very start file a hundred times and it wouldn't change anything. All it's there fore is so that players can test their starting save to make sure it falls within the rules prior to spending large amounts of time on their game.

In all honesty, I don't believe that feature is even needed anymore since the HOF Mod now informs you if the game is valid.

Thanks for the reply. I noticed the HOF warning once, and it is indeed handy. However, would it know if you've submitted that map already? How would it know? Does the HOF mod consult the database that you mentioned before a game starts?

Two questions:

1. If I retry a strategy for which I already have a valid HOF entry, can the new try replace the old one if there's a higher score?

2. Can one game fulfill multiple HOF requirements? For example, if I win a conquest on a dual map with Hayuana Capac, does that one game fulfill the Quattromasters requirements for the dual map portion of the map quest requirement, the conquest victory of the machiavelli requirement, AND the League of Nations requirment for Inca?

1. If I retry a strategy for which I already have a valid HOF entry, can the new try replace the old one if there's a higher score?

Yes, so long as its done with a different map. You cannot play a map twice, even if you are trying a different strategy. You can make as many attempts as you want (with a new map) for any specific table and/or gauntlet. The submission with the fastest date will be used for consideration of placement on the tables.

2. Can one game fulfill multiple HOF requirements? For example, if I win a conquest on a dual map with Hayuana Capac, does that one game fulfill the Quattromasters requirements for the dual map portion of the map quest requirement, the conquest victory of the machiavelli requirement, AND the League of Nations requirment for Inca?

Yes, each game can fulfill multiple requirements.

Top Bottom