1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

HOF Questions and Answers Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by Methos, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Denniz

Denniz Where's my breakfast? Retired Moderator

And so the debate begins... :mischief: That's why we are going to start out with a BTS Beta. It will give us time to upgrade the HOF Site for BTS and settle what should be legal or not. ;)

2. ATopic22

ATopic22 Clan SPADE Captain

i say we should be able to do it because it doesnt make much of a difference and many players are tired of seeing hinduism and budhism, the dominant religions. this will give it more flavour and make games more interesting.

3. Thrallia

Thrallia Prodigal Staffer GOTM Staff

I say allow random events :D

None of the events I've gotten so far are anywhere near gamebreaking...misclicking during an invasion has made more of a difference in one of my games than any quests ever did.

4. ATopic22

ATopic22 Clan SPADE Captain

The only big option you shouldnt allow because its gamebreaking is the unrestricted leader option.

5. azzaman333

azzaman333 meh

Will the beta period for BTS begin at the same time the HOF mod for BTS is released or will there be a period where BTS games can be submitted for beta before the HOF mod is released?

6. Methos

Methos HoF Quattromaster Super Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

The two should go hand in hand. No since in releasing one without the other.

7. Denniz

I have started a thread to discuss BTS Game Options. Please make any comments you care to over there.

8. superslug

superslug Still hatin' on Khan Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

Well, it might take us a day or so to update the HOF for BTS submissions even after the mod is released.

9. doriengard

doriengard Chieftain

Sorry if this looks like hijacking of the thread, but I have some semi-noob questions.

Can someone please list the details of how to use the MapFinder?

Also, this one is causing folks to restart multiple times? How are you restarting without going back to the main screen and reselecting all the options including opponents, speed, map type, your civ, etc. Do you create a start file somehow?

Thanks

10. Methos

I'd suggest looking at the first post in the Questions/Answers thread.

If you regenerate the map prior to settling and during the 4000 BC turn, it'll regenerate a new map with the exact settings you used from the Custom Game option.

11. ori

ori Repair Guy Super Moderator

:confused: why prior to settling - it regenerates just fine after settling as well... All it needs to be is 4000BC (actually the start turn). Unless of course it has become illegal for the HOF recently :rolleyes:

12. Methos

Really? I didn't realize this. Thanks! :)

13. ori

ori Repair Guy Super Moderator

Yes - the only annoying thing is that if you do that the replay will tell you that you founded your capital in 4000BC and then again in 4000BC and then again...:crazyeye:

14. Misotu

Misotu King

Yeah ... I was really worried the first time I saw that. I thought I'd done something incredibly stupid :crazyeye:

15. HolyHandGrenade

HolyHandGrenade Holy Pin

... and before starting map-finder you should create one permanent save, so each time map finder cannot regenerate, you load the permanent save and start map finder again ;)

16. IglooDude

IglooDude Enforcing Rule 34 Retired Moderator Supporter

Is the 3.02 HOF mod still legal for submissions? I'm reading above about the 3.03 patch/mod but I'm in the middle of a 3.02 game.

17. Methos

Yes, it is. We generally continue to accept previous versions of the HOF mod until a full month has passed since the newest version was released. In other words, we'll continue to accept 3.02.001 until around the middle of September.

18. Thrallia

Thrallia Prodigal Staffer GOTM Staff

does 3.03 even do anything worthwhile? I haven't seen any information onw hat it or 3.02 changed/fixed in the game.

19. Denniz

I think mainly they fixed some of the install/patch problems that have been driving us all crazy. Plus the Gyathaar fixed several crash bugs for the 3.03.001 HOF Mod that goes with it.

20. IVIaster

IVIaster Chieftain

I am not trying activly to get on the Hof, but I would be intrested in watching some sort of replay of what other people have played. I downloaded some of these files(?) but it said "The file you have selected is protected to ensure that the assest in your mod folder have not been changed"