• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

How are these cities connected?

guspasho

Prince
I have the wheel but I have built no roads. The rivers aren't connected. I think I'm playing pangaea but I haven't explored enough of the continent to connect the coast. A look at my city manager verifies that Amsterdam's trade route is indeed with Utrect and vice versa. I haven't found anyone else's cities yet anyway. So how are they connected?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-15 at 12.50.16 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-10-15 at 12.50.16 PM.jpg
    528.3 KB · Views: 268
I'm going to guess that it connects through the gold tile. You don't need a road to connect a resource on a riverside tile, and that tile is adjacent to both rivers.

Interesting.

Can someone explain, why these cities aren't connected?
Spoiler :

I've thought, if you build a road to the river, even if it flows through neutral terrain, these 2 cities would be connected.

It doesn't seem to be the case.

Another example:
Spoiler :

(For this one I'm not sure... connection happened after completion of the road (hills)? ...or it was by roads and the river? Note, there is a river tile behind "New York" label.)

I presume, cities on the same river would be connected (even out of CBs, I suppose), but "road to the river" doesn't work. Then you could simply build a road to the coast...

Tuscarora87-

I'm assuming you don't have Sailing yet. Pre-Sailing, rivers and coast tiles only connect cities if there's a path that runs entirely through your territory. (Maybe friendly territory also, not sure.) Once you tech Sailing rivers that run through wilderness should connect those cities.

Tuscarora87-

I'm assuming you don't have Sailing yet. Pre-Sailing, rivers and coast tiles only connect cities if there's a path that runs entirely through your territory. (Maybe friendly territory also, not sure.) Once you tech Sailing rivers that run through wilderness should connect those cities.

That's it.

Thanks.

I presume, cities on the same river would be connected (even out of CBs, I suppose), but "road to the river" doesn't work. Then you could simply build a road to the coast...
Bridge building? It would make sense to me.

Top Bottom