How can I get a ton of tech?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Strategy & Tips' started by TYDIRocks, Jul 26, 2011.

1. TYDIRocks

TYDIRocks Chieftain

Hello, I bought Civ 5 2 days ago (and have beaten 2 games so far, I'm hooked :p) And I was wondering what is the fastest strategy for getting a high amount of tech. I was at about 1000/turn on my last game. Thanks for the help!

Also, can I use Babylon in multiplayer?

2. TW_Honorius

TW_Honorius Warlord

national college, great library wonders. build libraries and universities in every city, and go patronage and rationalism and research agreements

3. AznWarlord

AznWarlord Monarch

You get 1 science for 1 population, so you either want a couple of massive cities, the consensus usually being around 4 without having to suffer through physical depression, or tons of small cities, although economically, you'll have trouble maintaining all those libraries, universities, public schools (generally, good cities pay for themselves). Increase food by farming plains and grasslands, build granaries, settle cities next to rivers and build a water mill, go for the Hanging Gardens in your Capital early on. To get the most out of your science, try to get to education as soon as possible, build the Porcelain Tower to get the most out of your RA's. Honorius mentioned everything else.

You can use Babylon in multiplayer, but only if the DLC is checked, and all others aren't (assuming you don't have the other ones).

Let me guess, you got the $20 steam deal with the free Babylon civ right? Welcome to the club.

4. TYDIRocks

TYDIRocks Chieftain

Thanks, and no, I didn't see that, I got the 17 dollar deal and had to pay 5 dollars :\ But I'm glad I got the game at a discount anyways.

Also, what exactly are Great Generals the best for? I usually don't use them and they just take up resource.

5. Vo01985

Vo01985 Warlord

+20 percent bonus to units within 2 tiles, they are fantastic!

6. AznWarlord

AznWarlord Monarch

All units I believe within 3 tiles of the Great General get a bonus to combat when attacking or defending. It might be 2 tiles, not sure.

7. TYDIRocks

TYDIRocks Chieftain

Thanks. I might just use him to get golden ages. I really like and want technology :p