How can I prevent the KI/AI to load an immobile unit into a ship

Kirejara

King
Normaly the game will crash if one lands an immobile unit from a ship outside of a city.

In my mod are several immobile land units. The Artillery units (Fortress Gun and Railway Gun) are never moved by the KI and they have the "Load" button activated, so that they can be ferried from city to city via ship (at least for human players, while I have not seen the KI move any artillery outside of a city).

The other immobile unit is the Star Fortress by Wyrmshadow. For obvious reason the "Load" button is disabled and it is marked as "Defence" using Quintillus Editor.

In my current game the game crashed without error message in the year 1770. So I turned the KI in 1768 into human players and found this:

I know that the KI is cheating and ignoring limited orders, but Henrique has gone to far by putting a complete Star Fortress (with moat!) into a Galleon. And in the next round he will try to drop the fortress at the beach together with the settler: Game successful crashed. :mad:

How can I prevent such truly gamebreaking behavior in future games?

Thanks for your help!

I give my immobile units the foot and tactical missile flags and then I don't have any vessel that can load them.

:yup: ... and additionaly remove the 'Go to' and 'Explore' standard orders.

Kirejara... If you do Not want the Star Fortress to be loaded, you do not need to flag it with foot unit.
If it is an immobile artillery unit, Flag Artillery for AI.
Do not flag Load or Go to or Explore...
Flag Immobile
You can also have it Enslave as well as Blitz and as many moves as you prefer.

Immobile units do not need the Foot Unit flag as they cannot capture a City anyway.

Another thing you can do... If you want the Human Player to be able to Move a unit but not the AI, you can simply Not flag the AI Strategy for the Unit and the AI will just leave the unit in the City. You do not flag Immobile if this is wanted. This can also be a Foot Unit.
...If the AI does not understand what to do with a unit, it will do nothing with it... but the Human Player can.

The AI causes games to stop or crash with immobile units that it tries to have Unload from a ship to land rather than inside a city. This is because immobile units cannot leave a ship on their own like a mobile unit can and have to be Loaded and Unloaded inside a city. This represents someone else Loading and Unloading the immobile unit inside a City.

Top Bottom