1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How do determine a CS rate of decay?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Strategy & Tips' started by MykC, Dec 23, 2010.

1. MykC

MykC Warlord

Some city states (CS) have -1 and -1.5 rate of decay base. How do I know ahead of time what that is (before I invest)?

2. alpaca

alpaca King of Ungulates

Depends on the personality. Hostile has -1.5, neutral -1 and friendly -0.75; irrational displays as -1 but I never paid close attention to whether there's a difference to neutral

3. MykC

MykC Warlord

Hmm.... I'll have to pay more closely to it as well. Friendly only gives -0.75 with patronage. I'll have to do a check before I get patronage to see.

4. HermannLombard

HermannLombard Warlord

I think that you cannot predict the rate of decay of "Irrational." On any given turn it will be -1.5, -1.0, or -0.75. I don't know if there's any pattern to selecting this, maybe it's just irrational.

5. neilkaz

neilkaz King

I believe the baseline decay is -1.0 for all leaders except hostile that decay at -1.5.

My last two games were as Greece and even when I didn't have Patronage I hardly had to worry about CS decay :goodjob:

.. neilkaz ..

6. Ahriman

Ahriman Tyrant

I don't think friendly has slower decay, they just tend to have "peaceful" missions.

7. grandad1982

grandad1982 Deity

I think irrational means that it will select missions from all parts of the spectum.

8. alpaca

alpaca King of Ungulates

Hmm seems you're right. Was it before the patch then or have I dreamt it? We shall never know

9. neilkaz

neilkaz King

I think you dreamt it, and forgot that yo had patronage, but perhaps my memory is wrong but it matters not now :)