How do you get maps with more than 2 landmasses?

treadwin

Warlord
If I pick any of the world map types - Continents, Small Continents, Continents and Islands, or Terra; all I ever get, even on the largest map size, are two massive land masses with a varying number of islands in between.

It is Ok for a while, but it gets really boring always playing virtually the same map.

Is it something to do with my computer's random number generator, is it a bug, or am I missing something.

I seem to have sort of the same experience as you report, OP. I haven't experimented with very large maps, but normal or large size maps, I seem to pretty much always end up with two continents with all major civs on, and maybe a couple of small islands with a city state or two.

That is simply how Continents works. It generates two large landmasses as the primary "play area" (for lack of a better term), and then scatters a few other small bits here and there.

My recommendation if you're after something more interesting is Fractal. That can be a very fun map to play as the layout is effectively random.

Choose Small continents script, or bigger maps on Continents script. Up to standard size its usually 2 big ones and some island sprinkle. Large and huge have better chances of creating 3+ continents. But dont expect a continent for every civ.

Yeah that's why 'continent's' should be renamed 'lungs' in my opinion...

Detailed worlds is a moss that fixes this. I recommend mixed continents.

Small continents is pretty cool. I actually like continents and islands quite a bit. Also try 7 seas.

Yeah that's why 'continent's' should be renamed 'lungs' in my opinion...

Detailed worlds is a moss that fixes this. I recommend mixed continents.
For real, half the times cant circunnavigate the globe with the same boat and need to send one from each side of the continent

Seven Seas map is what you need.

Not all seas are connected to each other, but the map has a great balance of landmasses, islands and oceans.

Top Bottom