Votes: 33 73.3%
  • Destroy cities

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • Flatten everything

Votes: 17 37.8%
  • Don't care/ Don't like them

Votes: 3 6.7%

• Total voters
I mainly use artilleries, but I enjoy some air units whenever I get into Modern Age (or want some Modern Age gaming :lol:).

I usually use a stack of Bombers (60-80, optimum for me is around 100) and together with an advanced explorer or a stolen military plan, I kill everything within reach. Then capture an advanced city and rebase all bombers there, rinse and repeat.

One amusing game I had when I first started C3C was Persians, Monarch Standard continents. I own my continent, Indians own theirs but for a handful of cities belonging to two other civs. I wanted to see the lethal bombardment thing, so I built up some 120 bombers. At the end of it, I used only a lone cavalry to capture/raze every single town on that continent. And the cavalry didn't even fire a shot.

I mainly use artilleries, but I enjoy some air units whenever I get into Modern Age (or want some Modern Age gaming :lol:).

I usually use a stack of Bombers (60-80, optimum for me is around 100) and together with an advanced explorer or a stolen military plan, I kill everything within reach. Then capture an advanced city and rebase all bombers there, rinse and repeat.

One amusing game I had when I first started C3C was Persians, Monarch Standard continents. I own my continent, Indians own theirs but for a handful of cities belonging to two other civs. I wanted to see the lethal bombardment thing, so I built up some 120 bombers. At the end of it, I used only a lone cavalry to capture/raze every single town on that continent. And the cavalry didn't even fire a shot.

I think that avatar pic very accuratley depicts your playing style:lol:

I use Bombers as Artillery-- only better.

The drawback is they can be shot down. So I add a few Fighter Jets into the stack, and run them through first. They practically never hit any ground targets, but they take out the enemy Fighter Jets that would take out my Bombers.*

The advantage of Bombers is vastly improved mobility. Also, relatively cheap to build in the Modern era in core cities. At peak productivity you can even crank out a Bomber in 2 turns.

*I have a question about this, though. I always send my Fighter Jets first in the bombardment stack. The idea is to engage enemy Fighter Jets who are set to control the skies, and shoot them down. Sometimes they just drop bombs (and miss), but don't engage the enemy Fighter Jets. Then I send in a Bomber, and up out of nowhere pops a controlling-the-skies Fighter Jet and shoots it down! WTF-- Why was it holding back before that? Is there any way to make sure your Fighter Jets engage the skies-controllers?

killing enemy units, hands down...

its always funny to see an eager AI ready to prove itself and they wipe out their entire army before it reaches my closest city :)

killing enemy units, hands down...

its always funny to see an eager AI ready to prove itself and they wipe out their entire army before it reaches my closest city :)
I know, that's my favorite tactic! It's a gas when they send a mega-Stack o' Doom into my territory, and by the time they've crept, one tile at a time, to my frontline cities, I've already bombed them into pulp. And my Cavalry on railroads easily mops up any remnants, and heads back to fortify in the barracks in the same turn. AI don't stand a chance. It's the easiest way to wipe out a rival's military might, when they serve them up to your Bombers as sitting ducks.

I know, that's my favorite tactic! It's a gas when they send a mega-Stack o' Doom into my territory, and by the time they've crept, one tile at a time, to my frontline cities, I've already bombed them into pulp. And my Cavalry on railroads easily mops up any remnants, and heads back to fortify in the barracks in the same turn. AI don't stand a chance. It's the easiest way to wipe out a rival's military might, when they serve them up to your Bombers as sitting ducks.

thats fun, until they send multiple Stacks o' Dooms:eek:

I <3 Stealth Bombers more, but I still enjoy using bombers to put my eniemes into submission. I still rely on my destroyers more than bombers tho. They're quicker to move around.

All of the above for me, though primarily killing enemy units. But when I have an excess of bombers, I'll certainly do the other two, and sometimes I'll strategically flatten places before going for the units.

I don't usually get to the point of flattening everything, just because it takes quite awhile, but when I do it is rather satisfying to have a land more pockmarked than the Moon to capture.

btw, nice to see you back, Sashie. I've been visiting less frequently as well compared to last year.

What's the most number of bombers you've ever built? My record stands at about 120.

Quintillus said:
btw, nice to see you back, Sashie. I've been visiting less frequently as well compared to last year.

Thanks. It's good to be back. Losing the Moraie saves really broke my heart. Is it me, or is this part of CFC getting a lot quieter than it was? :lol:

I also use them to knock out resources and luxuaries that are linked up on the far side of the enemy civ to the front line. Which limits their production.

knocking out the resources makes them no fun to attack, because they turn out sucky units :lol:

when youre a world superpower and you have near unlimited resources, its no fun when you have no real challenge

Two anecdotes I've told before elsewhere:
-I had a colony alone on the other side of the world next to an enemy empire, so I sent in just 4 bombers. They both pushed back all attacks and cut off all their resources.
-(As a rule I don't raze cities, more out of lazyness than anything else) I was invading a country but it would take a few turns for troops to arrive, so I set my bombers loose. Everything was destroyed. The country was small and no one occupied it, but it took me around 20 turns to take, as I had infantry and had flattenned all roads.

I use bombers to lay waste to enemy forces as well as to destroy roads and rails,etc denying the enemy speed and resources.I often use them to weaken or to punish enemy nations and to keep them at bay if I do not feel like fighting or destroying them.

Air Superiority is one of the most important things in the game...

I usually have around 40 bombers, mostly because I control the skies early on. I use the flatten everything approach, I target enemy air power first, then resources, then luxuries and then use them to assist my naval forces in preparation for invasion. During Invasion I use them as artillery, until my arties can do it themselves.

If its a tough war, your civ needs to embrace total war to win it! Unrestricted bombing is part of that!

Top Bottom